Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

Hour 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily
A la carte dining, last seating 8 p. m.

United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' qualify for deaparture, connecting and arrival of a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, northern South America, ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.
For partner, Business or International First, access only at departure airport and same destination restrictions as UA (roughly at least 8+ hours long haul international - TATL, TPAC, yes any UA Polaris destination but no trans-border).

No Guests (except 1 guest for International First partner flights)

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges (wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

International T5 ORD partner *G lounges
Print Wikipost

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2024, 8:29 am

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
Wife came into ORD yesterday from LIS on TAP J onward to IAH. Connecting flight was rescheduled to today because of the storm/travel waiver. Can she still access the Polaris lounge this morning?
Old Jan 13, 2024, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DFWFairy
Wife came into ORD yesterday from LIS on TAP J onward to IAH. Connecting flight was rescheduled to today because of the storm/travel waiver. Can she still access the Polaris lounge this morning?
Sorry, no, nor would she have been able to access yesterday. Inbound for UA metal only.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 9:29 am

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
Thanks for clarifying!
Old Jan 16, 2024, 9:09 am

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
Had the fish & chips last week @ ORD Polaris. Once the plate was served, I had to ask where the fish was. There it was, hiding underneath a chip... one tiny piece of fish - for perspective I've seen chicken McNuggets larger than this.

All Polaris portion sizes are shrinking by the minute but this was ridiculous. I then ordered the burger which seems to have had the number of fries cut from early Polaris days but the burger is still quite good. Will probably be a slider by the time I next stop in ORD!

And as a side note, the bartender told me that when they expand the lounge into the old United Club space they will add 10 dining room tables and likely another bar - currently the servers have to go through the kitchen to get diners their drinks from the bar... don't expect any change in 2024 though...
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 2:23 pm

The printed menu posted in this thread says last dinner seating is at 9:30pm, while the United website says the ORD Polaris Lounge closes at 9:00pm.

Any idea which is correct?
Old Jan 18, 2024, 8:48 am

I'm going to have a long layover in ORD after flying in from Europe for around 6 hours. I see that the Polaris lounge has daybeds. Does anyone know how hard they are to get into and if there is a limit to how long you can stay in them? I have searched the web but can't find any information on this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by tink24
I'm going to have a long layover in ORD after flying in from Europe for around 6 hours. I see that the Polaris lounge has daybeds. Does anyone know how hard they are to get into and if there is a limit to how long you can stay in them? I have searched the web but can't find any information on this.
My experience has been that they are first-come first-serve. I don't think there was a limit.
tink24 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 9:00 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by omxfl
My experience has been that they are first-come first-serve. I don't think there was a limit.
Correct. I used it once and was there for about four hours. It's where the showers are, by the way.
SPN Lifer and tink24 like this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 5:33 pm

Programs: United Gold
Thoughts from folks if this lounge is worth using before the ET flight to ADD? Obviously would have to not only clear security 2x because shuttle is not running prior to the 10am departure - but ET is also not a part or pre check, so we would have to use regular security.

We are thinking of getting there around 6 once it opens, using for about 1.5-2 hrs and heading to T5 before boarding begins around 830. Is this asinine? A waste of time? For what its worth, we are both avgeeks and enjoy new lounge experiences, but have not transited from the United Lounge to T5.

Last edited by j_pp; Jan 18, 2024 at 6:57 pm
Old Jan 18, 2024, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by j_pp
Thoughts on folks if this lounge is worth using before the ET flight to ADD? Obviously would have to not only clear security 2x because shuttle is not running prior to the 10am departure - but ET is also not a part or pre check, so we would have to use regular security.

We are thinking of getting there around 6 once it opens, using for about 1.5-2 hrs and heading to T5 before boarding begins around 830. Is this asinine? A waste of time? For what it’s worth, we are both avgeeks and enjoy new lounge experiences, but have not transited from the United Lounge to T5.
To me, it’s a great lounge, and I would use it too for your itinerary. As soon as you’re in, make a beeline to the restaurant at the far end to get on the waitlist for a table. They’ll text you when your table is ready.
j_pp likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Is this asinine? A waste of time?
Heck no, it's the FT way!!! (Plus it's a great lounge!)
narvik, bluedemon211 and j_pp like this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 8:50 pm

Thoughts from folks if this lounge is worth using before the ET flight to ADD? Obviously would have to not only clear security 2x because shuttle is not running prior to the 10am departure - but ET is also not a part or pre check, so we would have to use regular security.

We are thinking of getting there around 6 once it opens, using for about 1.5-2 hrs and heading to T5 before boarding begins around 830. Is this asinine? A waste of time? For what its worth, we are both avgeeks and enjoy new lounge experiences, but have not transited from the United Lounge to T5.
Go for it! I think you could even leave about 0845 and still make the ET flight comfortably.

Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
To me, it’s a great lounge, and I would use it too for your itinerary. As soon as you’re in, make a beeline to the restaurant at the far end to get on the waitlist for a table. They’ll text you when your table is ready.
I've never seen a table wait in the morning and wouldn't worry about that. I believe that service only starts at 0700 anyway, so if arriving earlier that gives time to try the buffet and then try the a la carte. Espresso is all the way in the back, near the dining area (or at the bar, but I think also not staffed before 0700).
kirkwoodj and j_pp like this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 12:36 pm

Programs: Skymiles (former DM), MileagePlus (Silver), Marriott Rewards/SPG Platinum (Lifetime Titanium)
ORD Polaris Lounge 1-23-24

I was able to get a table right away as it was pretty slow in the dining room.

Menu for today:

I opted for the Winter Bisque, Beet “Salad” and Burger w/ Carrot Cake for dessert along with some bubbles to drink.

Soup great, salad was good but I expected more greens which as a result of mismatched expectations was a bit of a let down. Too much cheese for what was served IMO

Burger was as good as you could expect for dining in an airport.

Flavor good but presentation felt a little hap hazard.

Overall an enjoyable visit to the lounge.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 6:58 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Visited for lunch on 16Jan. No wait. I thought everything was good as usual

kirkwoodj and goodeats21 like this.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by eng3
Visited for lunch on 16Jan. No wait. I thought everything was good as usual

Those "mushy peas" don't look very mushy.
chavala likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.