Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28J,102E+,234E-)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has a higher-density 777 primarily for domestic flights, with 3-4-3 across economy seating and a smaller business ("United First") class with lie-flat seating. There are three versions, which UA is labeling Version 2, Version 3, and Version 4. The differences from prior 777 planes are the economy lavatory areas and the surrounding seats (Rows 37, 39, 40, 41 and 52). This plane features 28-32 lie-flat United First seats, 102-124 Economy-plus seats, and 206-234 Economy seats. All United First seats have in-flight entertainment screens and at-seat power. The United First seats are the same lie-flat "coffins" that were used on international 777 flights prior to the introduction of the Polaris seats. All Economy seats have power outlets (2 outlets for 3-seat groups and 3 outlets for 4-seat groups), but do not have seat-back entertainment screens (just a device holder).

United 777 Version 2

United 777 Version 3

United 777 Version 4

Most Hawaii 777-200 flights will be either of these versions. Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a UA 772 Hawaii Configuration

For the most privacy, the only aisle seats in business that do not face the person opposite you are 4B and 4K

https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-777-gallery

Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28J,102E+,234E-)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2019, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by maxmin
Could not find the answer here.. on the layout where 39 only has 2 seats on each side (AB etc), does the exit slide interfere with legroom, and do the toilets open into the aisle or to the front/rear?

I guess it will be cold in that seat, regardless!

Thanks!
The Lav only opens into the aisle. Just flew the 777-200 HD twice in the past month, but I was in first. Regardless, any comments you can find regarding any version of the 777-200 and the exit slide would be applicable, as the slide is the same regardless of seat configuration.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maxmin
Could not find the answer here.. on the layout where 39 only has 2 seats on each side (AB etc), does the exit slide interfere with legroom, and do the toilets open into the aisle or to the front/rear?

I guess it will be cold in that seat, regardless!

Thanks!
My recollection from looking and not sitting is that 39a/l are slightly impacted by the slide. If you want to spread then it will be tough, but if you extend and cross your legs it is fine.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: VS Gold
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
The Lav only opens into the aisle. Just flew the 777-200 HD twice in the past month, but I was in first. Regardless, any comments you can find regarding any version of the 777-200 and the exit slide would be applicable, as the slide is the same regardless of seat configuration.
Thanks, I just wondered if the seats are a few inches further away or closer to the slide depending on the config. Could make a difference.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: VS Gold
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
Just noticed the layout changed slightly since I last looked.. seems the lavs open into a pass-through ?

Old Oct 12, 2019, 10:58 am

Honolulu - lax ua772-200 first ?

Hi,
we fly april 2020 from HNL to LAX and the price with UA is currently the best for the "First" Class.
The seat plan shows still the old 2-4-2 configuration.
I thought that UA had renewed in the last years already all of their old 777.
Do we have a good chance to catch a new Polaris First ?
Thanks a lot !
Eric
Old Oct 12, 2019, 2:45 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!, Eric de B
Originally Posted by Eric de B
we fly april 2020 from HNL to LAX and the price with UA is currently the best for the "First" Class.
I thought that UA had renewed in the last years already all of their old 777. ...
UA has a fleet of 772 in 2-4-2 "first" configuration principally for domestic flights (EWR<>SFO/LAX, IAD transcons, Hawaii, and a few other high volume routes). These will not be retrofitted to the Polaris seats.

Do we have a good chance to catch a new Polaris First ? ...
Nope, very little chance for Hawaii (can happen on very rare cases -- usually unscheduled)
Old Oct 18, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
Hi,
I thought that UA had renewed in the last years already all of their old 777.
Do we have a good chance to catch a new Polaris First ?
Thanks a lot !
Eric
With the Hawaii flights, in a way this is the new configuration. The old configuration had the regular domestic first-class seats. Now they have lie-flat seats. Although not as good as the Polaris seating, I will never complain about having lie-flat seats!
Old Oct 25, 2019, 8:24 pm

United 777-200 V-4 Best First Class Seat?

Any opinions out there for the FC 2-4-2 config?
Options are 1D or 3L (Looks like this faces backwards?)
Old Oct 25, 2019, 11:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Srq2112
Any opinions out there for the FC 2-4-2 config?
Options are 1D or 3L (Looks like this faces backwards?)
3L for sure. One of the best seats in the cabin. 1D will be looking right into the lav/galley area.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
3L for sure. One of the best seats in the cabin. 1D will be looking right into the lav/galley area.
Makes sense- Grabbed 3L. Thank you so much for the insight!
Old Oct 28, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, DL Gold, Marriott Titanium
1D or 2G ? SFO-HNL. Going solo.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 10:35 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
1A/B

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, but seats 1A/B are removed from the seat map on my flight November 12 HNL-ORD. Are these crew rest? Or are they " blocked" until approx. 48 hours before flight similar to the 757-200 that blocks 4AB until they guarantee the config a couple days before the flight? Thanks for the help!
Old Nov 1, 2019, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Now 1L has opened up- Any advantage/disadvantage to that seat? One other question: It’s a red-eye, so for either seat, if K is laid flat, does one in L have sufficient room to hit the bathroom, or so you find yourself climbing over that poor soul?
Old Nov 1, 2019, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by bluedemon211
Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, but seats 1A/B are removed from the seat map on my flight November 12 HNL-ORD. Are these crew rest? Or are they " blocked" until approx. 48 hours before flight similar to the 757-200 that blocks 4AB until they guarantee the config a couple days before the flight? Thanks for the help!
Looks to me like it flies with the augmented crew, so no unblock.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 10:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Srq2112
Now 1L has opened up- Any advantage/disadvantage to that seat? One other question: It’s a red-eye, so for either seat, if K is laid flat, does one in L have sufficient room to hit the bathroom, or so you find yourself climbing over that poor soul?
You climb over from any window seat. There's not much of a difference between 1L and 3L.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.