Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28J,102E+,234E-)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has a higher-density 777 primarily for domestic flights, with 3-4-3 across economy seating and a smaller business ("United First") class with lie-flat seating. There are three versions, which UA is labeling Version 2, Version 3, and Version 4. The differences from prior 777 planes are the economy lavatory areas and the surrounding seats (Rows 37, 39, 40, 41 and 52). This plane features 28-32 lie-flat United First seats, 102-124 Economy-plus seats, and 206-234 Economy seats. All United First seats have in-flight entertainment screens and at-seat power. The United First seats are the same lie-flat "coffins" that were used on international 777 flights prior to the introduction of the Polaris seats. All Economy seats have power outlets (2 outlets for 3-seat groups and 3 outlets for 4-seat groups), but do not have seat-back entertainment screens (just a device holder).

United 777 Version 2

United 777 Version 3

United 777 Version 4

Most Hawaii 777-200 flights will be either of these versions. Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a UA 772 Hawaii Configuration

For the most privacy, the only aisle seats in business that do not face the person opposite you are 4B and 4K

https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-777-gallery

Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28J,102E+,234E-)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2019, 8:34 am
kyj

777-200 v3 - business class for family of 3?

Good day to all,

I'd appreciate any feedback for a flight from EWR-LAX for a family of 3. We currently have two options of flight in business class:

1. 777-200 v.3 -- front row, 1 D, E, F, G available, as well as the middle rows.
2. 757-200, 1 cabin -- bulkhead 1 E,F, are available, as are other seats.

I prefer the 757 seats, but I have a 2.5 year old going through a severe bout of stranger anxiety. We've been on 757-200 business class seats before, but that was when the kid was younger and she sat with me, and husband next to me. Now that she requires a ticket of her own, I'm not sure how she would do with her dad potentially sitting elsewhere on the 757 flight (the 1 E,F bulkhead seats are available, but no direct across seat or behind seat).

Despite what I've heard about the 777 v.3 2-4-2 business seats, I'm leaning towards that flight just to keep us sitting together. I am concerned, however, the proximity of the galleys and the restrooms. Maybe the middle rows will work better?

I'd appreciate any advice.

Thank you in advance!
Old Jun 19, 2019, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
It's not really clear what your goal is for seating arrangements here (sounds like it's two adults and a 2.5-yr old). Your child needs to see both parents? No strangers? There is no solution that will be just 3 seats together; either you will get 3 of you together with a stranger for company in the 4-block of the 77G, or you have two together in a seat pair with a third somewhere else. There is no benefit to Row 1 of the 77G, so if you have concerns about the galley, I wouldn't sit there.

One thing to potentially consider (not sure what's available on your flight) would be something like 2ABD or 2GKL. The backward-facing seats come very close to facing each other across the aisle, so the pax in 2B is really quite close to both 2A and 2D (2B and 2D are face to face).
Old Jun 19, 2019, 8:50 am
kyj

Thank you.

I was leaning towards the 4 seaters because I can put the kid between us, so that a stranger sitting in the 4th seat wouldn't really trigger her anxiety, as she'd be sitting next to both of us.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kyj
Thank you.

I was leaning towards the 4 seaters because I can put the kid between us, so that a stranger sitting in the 4th seat wouldn't really trigger her anxiety, as she'd be sitting next to both of us.
If I were you I'd just take one of the side 2-seaters and put her in the window. No strangers to be seen. The other parent can sit solo.

The seats are a little tight but they are really not all that bad. People like to complain about them but they beat the hell out of any 737 "first class" recliner, or any economy seat on any plane. The kid will have plenty of space for sure.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 6:17 pm
FTA

Is there a topic for version 1? https://media.united.com/images/Medi...-336240-v2.jpg
Old Jun 19, 2019, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Originally Posted by FTA
See Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 2
FTA likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 8:52 pm
FTA

Oh... they just renamed first to business
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FTA
Oh... they just renamed first to business
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...l#post31210468
Old Jul 2, 2019, 5:54 am

IAH —> HNL

Does anybody know what’s in the circled area? I’m tempted to book 2A & 2B, but I wondered if there was something in front of those seats that doesn’t show on the UA Seat Map. Thanks!

Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:15 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by AggieTexan
Does anybody know what’s in the circled area? I’m tempted to book 2A & 2B, but I wondered if there was something in front of those seats that doesn’t show on the UA Seat Map. Thanks!

Standard seats 1A & 1B. They'll reappear within 24 hours of flight. it's an automatic blocking system that resolves itself.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by wxguy
Standard seats 1A & 1B. They'll reappear within 24 hours of flight. it's an automatic blocking system that resolves itself.
Thanks! Another question...if I want a pair of forward facing seats together it looks like Row 2 would have less lav/galley noise than Row 4, correct? I haven’t seen this configuration before, and I think it’s a bit strange.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by AggieTexan

Thanks! Another question...if I want a pair of forward facing seats together it looks like Row 2 would have less lav/galley noise than Row 4, correct? I haven’t seen this configuration before, and I think it’s a bit strange.
All else being equal, 2 is better than 4. But flying backwards is really no big deal. It's a different sensation on take-off and landing, but for the rest of the flight, you won't notice it.
iluv2fly likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by wxguy
All else being equal, 2 is better than 4. But flying backwards is really no big deal. It's a different sensation on take-off and landing, but for the rest of the flight, you won't notice it.
Thanks again!
Old Jul 5, 2019, 9:45 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
SFO-EWR red eye scored an RPU! Trying to decide between 2B and 1L/3L. Nice first world problem to have.

I like the idea of the aisle for easy access to the lav but want to get some sleep and think the window is ideal for this as no one will be crawling all over me. So quite torn between the two options. I was automatically assigned 2B and it is the only aisle in the 2 seat config available so have not selected either of the open windows. I do not mind about facing forward/backward but my last trip in the first row SYD-SFO was a shocker as the FAs gabbed all night so want some peace and quiet. I also like the window shade shut but figure on a red eye the FAs would enforce this.

Just looking for people's perspectives. TIA
Old Jul 5, 2019, 9:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
SFO-EWR red eye scored an RPU! Trying to decide between 2B and 1L/3L. Nice first world problem to have.
I would take 1L or 3L, with no strong preference between them. I don't like the aisles in this configuration, too much distraction.
Aussienarelle likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.