Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28J,102E+,234E-)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has a higher-density 777 primarily for domestic flights, with 3-4-3 across economy seating and a smaller business ("United First") class with lie-flat seating. There are three versions, which UA is labeling Version 2, Version 3, and Version 4. The differences from prior 777 planes are the economy lavatory areas and the surrounding seats (Rows 37, 39, 40, 41 and 52). This plane features 28-32 lie-flat United First seats, 102-124 Economy-plus seats, and 206-234 Economy seats. All United First seats have in-flight entertainment screens and at-seat power. The United First seats are the same lie-flat "coffins" that were used on international 777 flights prior to the introduction of the Polaris seats. All Economy seats have power outlets (2 outlets for 3-seat groups and 3 outlets for 4-seat groups), but do not have seat-back entertainment screens (just a device holder).

United 777 Version 2

United 777 Version 3

United 777 Version 4

Most Hawaii 777-200 flights will be either of these versions. Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a UA 772 Hawaii Configuration

For the most privacy, the only aisle seats in business that do not face the person opposite you are 4B and 4K

https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-777-gallery

Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28J,102E+,234E-)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2023, 1:01 am

37A or 48A?

Currently seated on 48A on a 772HD flight I am taking in several weeks. 37A just opened up which is right in front of an exit. I am wondering if these seats have limited recline because they are in front of an exit. I'm well aware it's by the lavatory but I rather be as forward as I can while on a plane. Any answer would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 5:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Can someone remind me when the block comes off 1A/B? Is it 40 hours prior to departure?
Old Jan 11, 2024, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
60 or so.

It's approximately (not exactly) midnight Chicago time on the third night before departure (for global departures, this is better described as 00:00 America/Chicago on the second calendar date prior to the local calendar date of departure).
SPN Lifer and Kacee like this.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 8:24 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by findark
60 or so.

It's approximately (not exactly) midnight Chicago time on the third night before departure (for global departures, this is better described as 00:00 America/Chicago on the second calendar date prior to the local calendar date of departure).
So for UA 1395, 1A/1B opened sometime between 12:30 and 7:30 a.m. CDT two days prior to departure. Fortunately, I didn't have to stay up to figure out exactly when, as someone cancelled and I was able to snag 2K/2L around 9 p.m. via an EF alert.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 9:45 am

Trying to decide which seats to select on the flight from HNL to IAH in May. It appears to be this type of aircraft unless there is a switch. Is row 4 really that uncomfortable for 2 people traveling together on an overnight flight? We could face backwards, but that seems weird.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Buckskin
Trying to decide which seats to select on the flight from HNL to IAH in May. It appears to be this type of aircraft unless there is a switch. Is row 4 really that uncomfortable for 2 people traveling together on an overnight flight? We could face backwards, but that seems weird.
It will be this plane. We've done row 4 overnight, no problem. Row 4 is always forward-facing btw. Rear-facing are fine for night flight, just feels different on takeoff & landing.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 7:46 am

Flying with spouse from HNL to IAH in May. Trying to decide between row 2 and row 4 for overnight flight on this type of aircraft. Both are available right now. Which row is preferable? We hope to get some sleep.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 7:52 am

Flying with spouse from HNL to IAH in May. Trying to decide between row 2 and row 4 for overnight flight on this type of aircraft. Both are available right now. Which row is preferable? We hope to get some sleep.
Row 4 had more privacy. I find it a bit cooler so wear layers. But to sleep I think row 4 but there is a galley near by so wear earplug or noice cancelling headphones and eye mask.
Buckskin likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 12:09 pm

I'd take 2 to get away from the lavs.
kirkwoodj and Buckskin like this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Agree with 2 over 4, as often safety equipment in overhead bins above 4, in addition to galley nearby. We flew in 2AB last week, that’s the way to go.
SPN Lifer and Buckskin like this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 9:22 pm

Programs: LH SEN, UA PremSilver
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Agree with 2 over 4, as often safety equipment in overhead bins above 4, in addition to galley nearby. We flew in 2AB last week, that’s the way to go.
I'm currently 4L on a flight where all of row 2 is taken. I don't need access to my carry-on, but I also don't want to have to check it (expensive gear in there). If there is safety equipment taking up the bins, do people in row 4 have to check their carry-ons?
Old Apr 3, 2024, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Fennario
I'm currently 4L on a flight where all of row 2 is taken. I don't need access to my carry-on, but I also don't want to have to check it (expensive gear in there). If there is safety equipment taking up the bins, do people in row 4 have to check their carry-ons?
No. There's usually enough room somewhere in the front cabin and space would definitely be available in coach as you'll be boarding in Group 1. You're not required to stow it above you in the front cabin, or even in the front cabin.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by Fennario
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
No. There's usually enough room somewhere in the front cabin and space would definitely be available in coach as you'll be boarding in Group 1. You're not required to stow it above you in the front cabin, or even in the front cabin.
Yeah, no worries about having to check, just might hafta swim upstream to retrieve your gear after landing.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Yesterday, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Thank you. I figured 2K would be better regardless. For a moment, I thought about 3K (rear facing) but never have done commercial that way and am not looking to experiment (at least not on this flight)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.