Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28J,102E+,234E-)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has a higher-density 777 primarily for domestic flights, with 3-4-3 across economy seating and a smaller business ("United First") class with lie-flat seating. There are three versions, which UA is labeling Version 2, Version 3, and Version 4. The differences from prior 777 planes are the economy lavatory areas and the surrounding seats (Rows 37, 39, 40, 41 and 52). This plane features 28-32 lie-flat United First seats, 102-124 Economy-plus seats, and 206-234 Economy seats. All United First seats have in-flight entertainment screens and at-seat power. The United First seats are the same lie-flat "coffins" that were used on international 777 flights prior to the introduction of the Polaris seats. All Economy seats have power outlets (2 outlets for 3-seat groups and 3 outlets for 4-seat groups), but do not have seat-back entertainment screens (just a device holder).

United 777 Version 2

United 777 Version 3

United 777 Version 4

Most Hawaii 777-200 flights will be either of these versions. Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a UA 772 Hawaii Configuration

For the most privacy, the only aisle seats in business that do not face the person opposite you are 4B and 4K

https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-777-gallery

Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28J,102E+,234E-)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by fumje
They are including IFE at every seat with new orders, but I am not aware of a plan to retrofit those planes, the seat-dense 777s, with screens in back. They do already have screens in the front cabin, of course.
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The F seats do have seatback IFE, economy has PDE -- entertainment available via wifi using your personal device (computer, tablet, smart phone, ..). Not aware of any announced plans to change these aircraft by 2023.
​​​​​​​

The 4 77O do have PTV in Y, 77O are the 32F instead of 77G and 77M are 28F
Old Jun 7, 2022, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
77O are for operating longer Hawaii flights; would not expect to see one in DEN.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by findark
77O are for operating longer Hawaii flights; would not expect to see one in DEN.
I wouldn't say for sure it won't expect to see one on DEN, as right now they are flying random hub to hub routes, if it flies ORD-DEN, then there's all kind of possibility what's the next leg would be, as even a week ago they sub a 77G for the longer UA5 IAH-LHR instead of a more capable 77O, it is about what's available

Besides, 77O were meant for EWR/IAD-HNL only, they don't need all 4 of them for 2 routes, on top of it UA decided to pull 764 out and not to mention to reconfig into Polaris, the original idea for 77O is to replace 764 on those two routes is less likely

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jun 8, 2022 at 7:23 am
Old Jun 8, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: UA Gold
any advice on E+ seats? (looking at rows 16-19)
Old Jun 8, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
Currently flying F ORD-HNL in early Nov. Current aircraft is a 787-10. All other ORD Hawaii flights (KOA & OGG) are also still showing 787-8 for those dates. I know no one except UA knows, but what are the odds UA keeps these Polaris birds on the Chicago routes? I see United has already taken the 787s and non-HD 777s off the other routes like IAH, DEN, LAX, and SFO for my dates and replaced them all with the HD versions.

While I prefer the Polaris config better, I actually don't hate the F seats on the HD birds. I guess I just hope if they do switch, they do it sooner rather than later. I'd rather be able to grab good seats now then be spread across the F cabin...or worse, end up in an oversold situation and end up being downgraded if they make the swap closer to travel. Thanks for any thoughts.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Besides, 77O were meant for EWR/IAD-HNL only, they don't need all 4 of them for 2 routes, on top of it UA decided to pull 764 out and not to mention to reconfig into Polaris, the original idea for 77O is to replace 764 on those two routes is less likely
77O were intended for ORD as well, where the Hawaii flights were taking occasional weight restrictions. By next March I would expect to see them more dedicated to those routes, but we'll see.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 7:56 am

What are the best seats in E/E+ on 772HD?
Old Jun 9, 2022, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Eneka
any advice on E+ seats? (looking at rows 16-19)
I find the proximity of the lavatories to row 16 annoying. I’d opt for something no farther forward than row 17.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 2:09 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by UAFAM
What are the best seats in E/E+ on 772HD?
E+ has more legspace than E-. Exit rows have the most legspace but may be encoached by those waiting for the lavs, The lavs are clearly marked. Little variation for the other seats.
For E-, some like the 2x windows seats in the very, very back

What is you definition of "best"?
Old Jun 9, 2022, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA

What is you definition of "best"?

In general I like exit window, is there any obstacle for the window seats on the exit row?
Old Jun 9, 2022, 3:21 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
In general I like exit window, is there any obstacle for the window seats on the exit row?
The window seat has no window and the exit door has a bump out for the life raft. Probably an issue for a taller person. Google "777-200 exit row" for pictures
Old Jun 10, 2022, 1:19 am

Programs: United currently plat
IMO this seat is not bad, iʻm 6ʻ3" and i angle my legs a bit diagonally. This seat can get COLD tho. Youʻre seated across from the FA jump seat. There is a window but itʻs slightly behind you, you have to look back a bit. I took the 2nd picture from this seat, Iʻm pretty sure is 39L, or itʻs equivalent, as you can see its pre-pleather slimline seats.

Personally iʻd go for 17A or 17L.

Last edited by evol; Jun 10, 2022 at 1:24 am Reason: added photo
Old Jun 10, 2022, 9:54 am

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chicago747
Currently flying F ORD-HNL in early Nov. Current aircraft is a 787-10. All other ORD Hawaii flights (KOA & OGG) are also still showing 787-8 for those dates. I know no one except UA knows, but what are the odds UA keeps these Polaris birds on the Chicago routes? I see United has already taken the 787s and non-HD 777s off the other routes like IAH, DEN, LAX, and SFO for my dates and replaced them all with the HD versions.

While I prefer the Polaris config better, I actually don't hate the F seats on the HD birds. I guess I just hope if they do switch, they do it sooner rather than later. I'd rather be able to grab good seats now then be spread across the F cabin...or worse, end up in an oversold situation and end up being downgraded if they make the swap closer to travel. Thanks for any thoughts.
Might be quite tough this far out as the final schedule changes won't be loaded until the Fall for the Winter Flying Schedule. That said, as the Summer flying season will be over by then and Hawaii's demand is robust in November, chances are good that it remains in place ... but you never know. I am booked to fly to HNL in July, and I am noticing today that J is zeroed out for sale on all flights today - this implies an equipment/schedule change will likely be loaded this evening, very close-in. Schedule changes for UA are loaded Friday>Saturday. Fingers crossed for you!
chicago747 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Finally flew in one of these lie-flat seats in a V2 or V3 (only 3 rows of 4 lie-flat seats) in IAD-SFO. I ended up in 2B. It clearly was and is not a very good International business class seat with the lack of privacy; however, I'd take this over any regular domestic first seat that UA currently flies. I think the seat must have been designed for taller people as I didn't feel it accommodated shorter people very well in full upright position from a reaching the floor with feet perspective. I had to ask for a blanket to use as additional lumbar support when I sat where my feet could reach the floor. The seats could definitely have used much better privacy dividers and some more creative places for small storage. I also think they should have been leather/pleather seats as the headrest looks like it needed to be steamed. They could have removable headrest protectors.

I think row 4 seats near the lavatories looked horrible. I also thought row 1 near the front galley looked unpleasant, row 1 on the other side looked okay as it was just a transcontinental. Middle of the middle seats looked the worst of the bunch as is the general consensus.

Crew was great. Kudos to being polite, professional and attentive throughout the flight.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by CApreppie
I think row 4 seats near the lavatories looked horrible.
Based on other reports, I thought row 4 window seats were the best due to max privacy, what’s wrong with row 4?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.