Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28J,102E+,234E-)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has a higher-density 777 primarily for domestic flights, with 3-4-3 across economy seating and a smaller business ("United First") class with lie-flat seating. There are three versions, which UA is labeling Version 2, Version 3, and Version 4. The differences from prior 777 planes are the economy lavatory areas and the surrounding seats (Rows 37, 39, 40, 41 and 52). This plane features 28-32 lie-flat United First seats, 102-124 Economy-plus seats, and 206-234 Economy seats. All United First seats have in-flight entertainment screens and at-seat power. The United First seats are the same lie-flat "coffins" that were used on international 777 flights prior to the introduction of the Polaris seats. All Economy seats have power outlets (2 outlets for 3-seat groups and 3 outlets for 4-seat groups), but do not have seat-back entertainment screens (just a device holder).

United 777 Version 2

United 777 Version 3

United 777 Version 4

Most Hawaii 777-200 flights will be either of these versions. Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a UA 772 Hawaii Configuration

For the most privacy, the only aisle seats in business that do not face the person opposite you are 4B and 4K

https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-777-gallery

Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28J,102E+,234E-)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
I realize that it's not quite the answer that you're looking for, but SeatGuru does have this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:52 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by clintonuws
My question is if anyone has sat in the Econ+ Row 39 (A/B or K/L) on this plane and their impressions? I'd imagine there is a boarding door right there so you'd have lots of extra leg room but is the entrance to the bathroom right off these seats or more forward (where it might be more an issue for row 37)?

Also, do the window seats have significantly restricted legroom from the emergency slide in the door?...
The first issue is you will never be sure until you board if the aircraft will be V3 or V4 (or some other 777 version, but that is rare)

The seatmaps will show Rows 37,39, 40 as 2 seaters to prevent you from booking a seat that does not exist on one of the versions but you can end up in a 3-seat row expect a 2-seat row.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:00 pm

Programs: Delta, United, American
Thanks for the reply. I did see that but that but seatguru shows rows 39 and 40 both have 3 seats (eg. J,K,L) on the sides (is that an accurate map of the updated plane?). The comments seemed a little generalized (all 3 side seats have the exact same review). Hum..??

saw 2nd reply to my post as I was typing the first. Thanks.

Would you choose 39 A or L or stick with the forward Econ+ seats?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 6, 2019 at 6:03 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:06 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by iapetus
I realize that it's not quite the answer that you're looking for, but SeatGuru does have this.
Zero help as you don't know which version will be used for the flight.
Plus SeatGuru has become such an ad spam site it is hard to use -- a real shame, it was useful 5+ years back but today

Originally Posted by clintonuws
My question is if anyone has sat in the Econ+ Row 39 (A/B or K/L) on this plane and their impressions? I'd imagine there is a boarding door right there so you'd have lots of extra leg room but is the entrance to the bathroom right off these seats or more forward (where it might be more an issue for row 37)?

Also, do the window seats have significantly restricted legroom from the emergency slide in the door? ....
You will find pics and comments in this master thread -- but it will take a little searching, sorry.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA
I sat in row 39 on a red eye. I used noise-cancelling headphones and an eye mask so the lav traffic did not bother me. I thought the "unlimited" legroom was worth the trade off. However, during meal service, the cabin crew may park a cart there, so for about an hour you won't have unlimited legroom.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just bought F tickets for SFO-HNL RT. I'm in a 772. SeatGuru claims that my flight (the outbound one, anyway) is in a 3-class but that doesn't match the seat map on united (when I selected the seats) so I'm going to assume that united is correct. It looks like the 772 v4. I picked 1G outbound and 1D inbound, with the reasoning being that I do not want a rear-facing seat looking down the aisle.

Is this a good choice? Are there different amounts of legroom in different seats? (I'm tall enough that it matters) Will people be climbing over me trying to get to the bathrooms or is there enough room in the bulkheads that they can get by (the return flight is a red-eye so I'll want to get some sleep)

Another option might be a bulkhead window. It's rear-facing but I can't see down the aisle and I assume that the dividers are high enough that I'm not actually looking at the person in the front-facing seat? (I've never actually been on this plane before). I will not want to use the bathroom on a flight of that length so I don't particularly care about direct aisle access -- as long as I'm not being disturbed by others trying to get to the aisle I'm happy.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
If you’re not actually using the lie-flat, someone in middle seat can squeeze in and out. On red-eye, they will have to climb over you to get out. If you’re not planning to use lav, a window seat is better. Rear-facing isn’t bad. Nose of plane is slightly up, so might even be better for sleep. If you’re asleep, why do you care about looking up aisle. Dividers are high enough that you do not see passenger facing you.
VegasGambler likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks -- I changed to 1L in one direction and 2L in the other
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:10 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
The “old” Polaris business class seat

On UA 23 to Dublin and this is the seat I get? It’s the old 2-4-2 seating configuration on a 777-222. I certainly hope my next Polaris flight on a 767-300 turns out to be more appealing rather than being so beaten up.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA MP (1K, 1MM)
Certainly that is better than the "old" economy seat which is 2-5-2 ...

The fleet is being upgraded faster than before. There'll be some growing pains along the way. If you want to try the new product, you'll have better chances on certain routes where they're already flying. Tons of threads on this in the forum, so just do a search and take a look.

YMMV.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ekwang
On UA 23 to Dublin and this is the seat I get? It’s the old 2-4-2 seating configuration on a 777-222.
The wee leprechauns heading back to Ireland after St. Patrick’s day aren’t complaining about the density or seat spaciousness...

iluv2fly, ekwang, narvik and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Thumbs down Fly some other aircraft if in Y!

I had my first - and last - experience in Y on this aircraft a few days ago. My recommendation on where to sit if in E+/- is on some other aircraft.

The seats are horribly narrow. Had an aisle seat in E+, the row was shared with 3 other guys, none of us particularly big or broad shouldered, just average. The guy next to me and I overlapped shoulders the entire flight. This was on a 3 hours flight, so I cannot even imaging how it would be on a long haul.

Never again will I fly on any aircraft with seats that narrow.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
I've already tried doing a number of keyword searches, and skimmed through a lot of the pages here, and I can't find anyone talking much about the bulkhead leg room for 16 DEFG. Anyone having any thoughts / advice / or pictures?

Party of 3 traveling with a toddler (in his own seat), so the exit rows are not an option. Basically trying to decide between 18 ABC vs 16 DEF (I don't mind having a 4th random person in our row if the bulkhead option is better for other reasons). I'm around 6'1" and just trying to figure out if I am going to feel the legroom is too tight on the middle bulkhead. Flying DEN-HNL, so around 7 hours.
Old May 5, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: MileagePlus
Does row 39 with the 2 seats on the 777-200 have window or is it a blank wall?
Old May 5, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz President's Circle
My GF and I have seats 39A and 39B on the 772 version 4 next Sunday PM/Monday AM on a red-eye from HNL-DEN. Looks to be tons of legroom, but I presume there will be lots of lavatory traffic as well. Anyone have experience with those two seats? Just booked this ticket a couple days ago so there weren't many better seat options available, and FC was booked solid.

Last edited by Daitheflu84; May 5, 2019 at 1:32 pm Reason: Grammar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.