Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28J,102E+,234E-)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has a higher-density 777 primarily for domestic flights, with 3-4-3 across economy seating and a smaller business ("United First") class with lie-flat seating. There are three versions, which UA is labeling Version 2, Version 3, and Version 4. The differences from prior 777 planes are the economy lavatory areas and the surrounding seats (Rows 37, 39, 40, 41 and 52). This plane features 28-32 lie-flat United First seats, 102-124 Economy-plus seats, and 206-234 Economy seats. All United First seats have in-flight entertainment screens and at-seat power. The United First seats are the same lie-flat "coffins" that were used on international 777 flights prior to the introduction of the Polaris seats. All Economy seats have power outlets (2 outlets for 3-seat groups and 3 outlets for 4-seat groups), but do not have seat-back entertainment screens (just a device holder).

United 777 Version 2

United 777 Version 3

United 777 Version 4

Most Hawaii 777-200 flights will be either of these versions. Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a UA 772 Hawaii Configuration

For the most privacy, the only aisle seats in business that do not face the person opposite you are 4B and 4K

https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-777-gallery

Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28J,102E+,234E-)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2018, 11:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by zeer0
Debating whether to pony up $199 to upgrade an upcoming SFO-ORD red-eye on this bird. Would you guys say it's worth it for a 4 hour flight? I've never flown in the pm-ua j seats, and I know they have a "dorm bed" reputation.
Yes it's worth it. The seat is actually very comfortable (best padding of any business seat in the sky IMO).

As others have noted, it's only the aisle seats where you're staring at someone else. The issue in the windows is you have to step over to get out and there's no storage space at the seat. But still way better than economy (especially 10 across Y on this aircraft).
zeer0 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 2:25 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by zeer0
I think I'm doing a terrible job of describing myself. I mean that you end up facing someone forward or back, not to the side. And that would apply to most seats in this configuration it seems.
This is what you see looking straight forward from your seat in all seats.

When people discuss seeing someone it is looking down / across the aisle. That bothers some and does not bother others. You can not see the person ahead or you or behind you without standing.

for those more familiar with the 2-4-2 config, it is the center 4seats that receive the most derision due the close quarters

and you can see the aisle issue in the second image
zeer0 likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 14, 2018 at 2:40 pm Reason: fixed image issue
Old Apr 14, 2018, 4:40 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
The pictures really clear it up. The partitions between seat rows are a lot higher than I thought they were. Ended up choosing 3l. Thanks guys
Old Apr 21, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
Do any of the window seats non E+ in the back offer any more legroom due to the curve of the rear of the plane. For instance I know 41 on PMCO 777 row 41a/l and was wondering if anything similar on this config.
Old May 3, 2018, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What seats are recommended in E+ for two pax travelling together - the 4-across center section or one of the 3-across side sections ?
Old May 3, 2018, 12:33 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cesco.g
What seats are recommended in E+ for two pax travelling together - the 4-across center section or one of the 3-across side sections ?
I always travel with the assumption all seats will be filled. there are a few routes at select times of the years where this is not true, but that is my working assumption.

Another option is aisle/aisle seating approach -- sit across the aisle, still easy to talk and exchange items but there is an aisle in between.
Oxnardjan likes this.
Old May 3, 2018, 2:27 pm

Do 39AL have obstructed windows?
Old May 8, 2018, 2:48 pm

Best window seats in Economy on United HD 777?

I have a flight coming up on United 995 from SFO to Chicago. The flight is using one of the HD 777s, with the 3-4-3 configuration. So far I've selected Seat 48A since it's only 2 across. However I was wondering how the window is on that seat, and what are some other good window seats in economy (economy only, no economy + or first, etc). The main things I'm looking for are:

1. There is actually a window in that row
2. The window is aligned with the seat.

There are still a bunch of seats left to choose from (from row 40 back). So how are 42A or J? 43A or J? 47A or J? Etc?

I've read in previous threads that seat 48A is pretty good for the extra legroom, but there's a lot of space between the window and the seat. How much space, exactly? And I'm pretty sure there will be people congregating in the aisles since it's near the bathroom.

Thanks for any insights!
Old May 19, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
Originally Posted by orbit82
I have a flight coming up on United 995 from SFO to Chicago. The flight is using one of the HD 777s, with the 3-4-3 configuration. So far I've selected Seat 48A since it's only 2 across. However I was wondering how the window is on that seat, and what are some other good window seats in economy (economy only, no economy + or first, etc). The main things I'm looking for are:

1. There is actually a window in that row
2. The window is aligned with the seat.

There are still a bunch of seats left to choose from (from row 40 back). So how are 42A or J? 43A or J? 47A or J? Etc?

I've read in previous threads that seat 48A is pretty good for the extra legroom, but there's a lot of space between the window and the seat. How much space, exactly? And I'm pretty sure there will be people congregating in the aisles since it's near the bathroom.

Thanks for any insights!
inthink row 48. The second part of this video shows the extra legroom of row 48

Old May 26, 2018, 9:52 pm

For seat 17A, Is there a window at that particular seat? Im currently seated at 40A in Version 4 of the aircraft and thinking of switching. Any additional advise if i move to that particular seat or stay with my current seat. (IAH-HNL in mid June).
Old May 26, 2018, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by united869
For seat 17A, Is there a window at that particular seat? Im currently seated at 40A in Version 4 of the aircraft and thinking of switching. Any additional advise if i move to that particular seat or stay with my current seat. (IAH-HNL in mid June).
Here's 17JKL - they had a window, so I'd assert that 17ABC has a window:

David
Old May 26, 2018, 11:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by united869
Yes it does have a window.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:10 pm

Business class seating privacy and storage.

Someone commented about the storage space being overhead only (and not under seats or to the sides). Is that for all versions of the 777-200?

Thanks!
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by cheaptom
Someone commented about the storage space being overhead only (and not under seats or to the sides). Is that for all versions of the 777-200?

Thanks!
Any version of the 772 with the sUA IPTE seats (77G and 3-class int'l) will have zero approve space for stowage at the seat. All carry-on bags must be stored in an overhead bin.

The sCO (2-2-2) and Polaris seats do not have this issue.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by findark
Any version of the 772 with the sUA IPTE seats (77G and 3-class int'l) will have zero approve space for stowage at the seat. All carry-on bags must be stored in an overhead bin.
The good news is that's only a requirement for take-off and landing. In between, passengers can have their backpacks, briefcases or purses out of the overhead bins.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.