Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Saver Sale - UA partner awards pricing as UA award [Promo Has Ended]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Saver Sale - UA partner awards pricing as UA award [Promo Has Ended]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2015, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by skimthetrees
Called again. 20 min on hold + 20-25 min for processing. Agent says she was able to rebuild the route and reprice it for the lower rate. She claimed that the Res was updated and complete to reflect the change BUT she had to contact Mileage Plus to process the refund in miles which might not show up in the account for a couple of days.

I'm a bit worried now because the Res says 2 awards 0 miles. That can't be good, can it? It doesn't sound like the Res was properly updated.
She shouldn't have had to do that. Mine were in my account instantly. It's almost as if these systems are too complicated.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:56 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriott Platinum, OZ Gold
Got my October flights to/from RGN reduced from 80k to 70k each-THANKS MargaritaGirl!!
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Eric Westby
I think it's fair to say there's zero chance that they've lowered the price permanently, given that none of their award charts or promotional materials have changed.

It may be some sort of test to see if the volume of bookings changes appreciably at this price ... or it may well be a glitch and everyone in IT is off enjoying the SuperBowl.
Or maybe they want to create an "off peak" season where partner awards price as UA awards?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by villox
She shouldn't have had to do that. Mine were in my account instantly. It's almost as if these systems are too complicated.
That's what I am afraid of, something isn't right and "Bad Things" (TM) will happen. I'll try calling again tomorrow to see if I can get an explanation or maybe even - dare I hope - resolution.

I think the experience on this forum suggests that their systems are too complicated. Many users have demonstrated an inability to use it properly. It's OK if the programming for the systems is complex because they (hopefully) hire professional programmers who know what they are doing to implement and maintain it but it is not OK for the user interface to be so complicated that many users can't perform common tasks which is what we have now.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:31 pm
Suspended

Bloggers will be all over this by tomorrow morning. Rebook NOW while you can!
Old Feb 1, 2015, 10:02 pm

Just to clarify, to get the adjustment, we would have to show the exact same itinerary pricing out lower? Does it have to be the exact same dates?

Or can it be a different itinerary with different carriers and stops along the way?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Bloggers will be all over this by tomorrow morning. Rebook NOW while you can!
It's been going on for weeks and has already been covered. I saw it with a TG itinerary a month ago.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by reverted
Just to clarify, to get the adjustment, we would have to show the exact same itinerary pricing out lower? Does it have to be the exact same dates?

Or can it be a different itinerary with different carriers and stops along the way?
Successfully changed an existing itin online.
Changed destination city and carriers. Showed 0 miles and $1.80 add collect in the options avail, then deducted 10k miles during checkout. Worked perfect.

Though, as usual, the "multi city" options bombs out on award searches.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Saw this deal got posted on Gary's blog. So I hurried to make the call to change my award ticket (the website bombed out when I performed the change online). The agent was very courteous and informed me she received several similar requests today! Gees...

And ya, I did it, miles back, tickets intact, after three time HUACA!

Thanks Gary, for pushing me through the deadline!

Last edited by lewende; Feb 1, 2015 at 11:20 pm
Old Feb 2, 2015, 10:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Or maybe they want to create an "off peak" season where partner awards price as UA awards?
My LX itinerary is in July, which is the height of US tourist travel to Europe, so I don't think it's an "off-peak" thing.

Originally Posted by txflyer77
It's been going on for weeks and has already been covered. I saw it with a TG itinerary a month ago.
While I don't doubt your personal experience, something changed within the past week that has dramatically increased the likelihood that *A awards will price this way. Perhaps the issue first took hold on Asian routes, and recently has expanded to Europe? I've been babysitting my aforementioned LX itinerary almost daily, looking for saver availability at an earlier arrival time, and the new pricing only appeared for me a few days ago.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:21 am
Suspended

Where is the whistleblower when you need 'em
Old Feb 2, 2015, 12:13 pm

No luck trying to get 20k miles back for 2 pax.

HNL-TPE-HKG-HNL was originally 210k but now prices at 190k if I choose different outbound ex-HNL flights (and different stops and airlines) on the same date. HUACA hasn't worked.

I want to keep my original itinerary. Agents acknowledge the different but will only refund the difference if I change the outbound. Bleh
Old Feb 2, 2015, 12:39 pm

HNL-TPE-HKG-HNL was originally 210k but now prices at 190k if I choose different outbound ex-HNL flights (and different stops and airlines) on the same date. HUACA hasn't worked.

I want to keep my original itinerary. Agents acknowledge the different but will only refund the difference if I change the outbound. Bleh
This why I always book award travel as 2 one ways.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:36 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat

Your present flights priced @210K (and continue to price @210K?), a different set of flights price @ 190K. You want the 190K price applied to your present flights --- not sure when that would every have worked?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 2:40 pm

Mine was the exact same itinerary (same dates, times, carriers, and flight numbers). I called and asked to reprice the itinerary. The agent was able to do that even though there was no award availability showing for those dates and flights on United.com (there was, however, award availability for the same flights the day before or after that was pricing at the lower award level).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.