Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Saver Sale - UA partner awards pricing as UA award [Promo Has Ended]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Saver Sale - UA partner awards pricing as UA award [Promo Has Ended]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Singapore_Schwing
Is SE Asia considered distinct from S. Asia?

Would love SIN-ANZ discounts though. Too bad, though not unexpected. My last several flights to OZ have been booked solid in C well in advance.
This is how UA divides the world:
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps...ofregions.aspx

Singapore is South Asia while Australia gets its own category which does not appear to be part of the current fare sale.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
I just never understood why HKG was considered S.E. Asia.

SZX and TPE are considered N. Asia
Old Feb 5, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, AS MVPG
Well, I just called and the very pleasant agent re-issued four USA-Europe one-ways, netting me 50K mile credit. Unfortunately she charged $75 a pop since I dropped from 1K to nothing 5 days ago! Wish I had known to call in January. But oh well, can't argue with $300 for 50K miles. :-)
Old Feb 7, 2015, 11:36 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Exec Plat (2MM)
I've tried a couple of bookings via ual.com, and no mileage discounts show (eg CMB-IST-LHR on TK).

Is this for US residents only?

I'm a lifetime premier plat.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: Zero Status Nexus
Originally Posted by Budley
I've tried a couple of bookings via ual.com, and no mileage discounts show (eg CMB-IST-LHR on TK).

Is this for US residents only?

I'm a lifetime premier plat.
See the link on post #75, a chart is posted on the award sale locations. Mostly North America to or from Asia and Europe with some other routes discounted. Sri Lanka falls under Central Asia and I dont see Central Asia to Europe being discounted.

Last edited by JetSetDave; Feb 8, 2015 at 8:35 am Reason: Updated
Old Feb 19, 2015, 7:33 am

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
"If the value of a partially used ticket is applied to travel outside of the promotion period, the traveler must purchase a new one-way ticket or redeem a new one-way award at the applicable mileage-redemption rate. The unused return portion of the ticket is not valid for travel and cannot be credited back into the member’s account."

What does this mean? If I change the return date after Feb 28th, will I pay the difference in miles? Or worse ?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 8:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 1k650
"If the value of a partially used ticket is applied to travel outside of the promotion period, the traveler must purchase a new one-way ticket or redeem a new one-way award at the applicable mileage-redemption rate. The unused return portion of the ticket is not valid for travel and cannot be credited back into the member’s account."

What does this mean? If I change the return date after Feb 28th, will I pay the difference in miles? Or worse ?
It means use it by Feb. 28 or lose it.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: AA, United, British Airways, Alaska Air
Originally Posted by dehetoxic
No Australia/NZ, South East Asia or Africa/South America ?
My thoughts exactly.

Anyone know if any offers for South America will be put out there?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some time / maybe a month ago I wanted to rebook an EU-US business class itinerary and came across the lower mileage requirements as well. It probably lasted a couple of days only, so I wrote it off as a glitch.

Interesting offer though. Could it be, that especially C award bookings on partners are slacking due to the higher mileage requirements? Resulting in UA showing a negative balance with some of those partner airlines?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:07 am

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by Kacee
It means use it by Feb. 28 or lose it.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 4:08 pm

Programs: 1k
Award increase?

Just checking LAX to BKK for January 2016.

All the dates I checked in 2015 the biz currently on non UA flights to BKK is 70k one way.

Maybe there are some 80k, but they seem to be with a UA connection at some point.

All the non UA I checked after January 1, 2016 are 80k.

Maybe this will change but seems like a price increase after the first of the year for award biz to BKK from LAX.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 4:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Asiatraveler15
Maybe this will change but seems like a price increase after the first of the year for award biz to BKK from LAX.
No the usual price is 80K one way for a star partner J award. They are currently on sale for 70K.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 7:50 am

People. You just need to read terms and conditions..........

Saver Award discount is only valid for air travel. Promotion period ends at 11:59 p.m. on February 28, 2015. (You gotta book before 2/28 to get the promo rate)
Offer is valid for travel beginning on or after January 30, and completed on or before December 31, 2015.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: 1k
Originally Posted by Kacee
No the usual price is 80K one way for a star partner J award. They are currently on sale for 70K.
ok, thanks.

Dumb me I see that now on post #75.

So how do I find those messages for promotions?
I know i did not receive an email for that.

Last edited by Asiatraveler15; Feb 20, 2015 at 10:26 am
Old Feb 21, 2015, 4:11 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by skimthetrees
Yes, but T&C has this (bolding mine):
  • Award pricing is subject to change without notice. This offer cannot be applied to previously issued tickets.

It's a good thing this wasn't posted when I re-priced my existing ticket.
Keep checking until Feb. 28th, because this can be pretty awesome.

I did not know about this sale at all, but I noticed that business class was available at Saver Rate on a segment of an international round trip that was previously 1/2 business class and 1/2 Economy Plus for 135,000 miles. I called expecting an enormous fee for converting the Economy Plus to Business (it was the same city pairs but a foreign carrier instead of United), and the agent said I would get a 20,000 point refund due to the sale, a change fee of $75, and I could apply for a refund of the $99 previously paid Economy Plus fee after the flights. Clearly, I made the change.

I am not terribly experienced with the Economy Plus Fee refund. Is it easy to get it refunded by calling? Sorry if the question is unrelated to this thread. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.