Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Saver Sale - UA partner awards pricing as UA award [Promo Has Ended]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Saver Sale - UA partner awards pricing as UA award [Promo Has Ended]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by wmc_06
This offer has been quietly available since the beginning of February.
Yes.

This is not an "offer." The pricing has been out there for over a month now. There's already an eight page thread. UA Partner Awards Pricing as UA Awards
Old Feb 22, 2015, 11:07 am

Ohh so that's why my mother's saver business ATL-HGH on AC/CA was only 70k miles one-way.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, SQ PPS, CX Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by ZZYZXROAD
Zero finds for me July, may airports to many airports, zip.
Lots of autumn US-SIN availability. We're flying a friend to visit us on this promo. Mostly ANA flights.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by ZZYZXROAD
Zero finds for me July, may airports to many airports, zip.
July is peak season baby!

I've found plenty of space in the Fall/Winter US-BKK on UA/TG.. via LHR & PEK.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Now I haven't been able to get the award search to work for the last 45 minutes or so.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA 1/MM SPG gold, CEO: Grandmother of 4
Got the email this am........cannot find a flight...gave up!
Old Feb 22, 2015, 11:13 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
I also got the email and thought, how typical....

Someone, somewhere, decides to do this promo.
Someone else inputs the new rates into the computer.
All of a sudden, anybody who books awards on relevant routes gets promo pricing; we're confused but we figure it out.
United eventually sends us all an email announcing it as if its news.
Award availability is long gone.

Now if only they could have taken the difficult step of syncing the lowered awards and the email we could actually be cheering them instead of swearing at them.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by username
Chart is here (essentially making some *A level = UA level). Good luck finding inventory:

One of the terms is:

If a wholly unused ticket is exchanged for travel outside of the promotion period or travel that does not otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of this promotion, the mileage will be credited back into the member's account, subject to an applicable service charge, and a new ticket will be issued at the mileage redemption rate commensurate with the new award.
I found one in June Asia to US but no return no matter how far forward I looked. Saver Awards just ain't happening.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:30 am

Last saver award (business) to Europe is June 15 ( there is one other day in early June),
after that, the next available award is October...Great Sale
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:40 pm

Programs: 1k
Originally Posted by Singapore_Schwing
Lots of autumn US-SIN availability. We're flying a friend to visit us on this promo. Mostly ANA flights.
Same to BKK.
Booked LAX to BKK.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA DL CX NH TG AS HA
I received the email last month and was able to book saver business, with extra effort, for December, 3 pass utilizing one ways, ORD-LHR-BKK (UA/TG), BKK-PVG-LAX (UA/TG). Had to be flexible as home is PDX. I was also able to get my outbound and return on Alaska both non-stops with miles. All in all a successful booking. My spouse gave me a pat on the back, ha..
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Some time / maybe a month ago I wanted to rebook an EU-US business class itinerary and came across the lower mileage requirements as well. It probably lasted a couple of days only, so I wrote it off as a glitch.

Interesting offer though. Could it be, that especially C award bookings on partners are slacking due to the higher mileage requirements? Resulting in UA showing a negative balance with some of those partner airlines?
It is strategically noteworthy that this "sale" (however limited or illusory) has even happened.

This is the first instance since the full takeover on 3/12 (and for sometime before 3/12 as well) when I've seen an actual incentive or benefit being offered. With the exception of this event, every other "change" has been an increase in cost and/or decrease in benefits.

So, this management does not "give" anything lightly. There must have been some very strong reason motivating them to do it.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA- 1K, DL-DM, AA-G, BON-T
Booked jfk-fra 23 hour stop fra-ist-bom for 80k business class saver. Called a week latter saying award mispriced should be 70k. Agent refunded 10k without a change fee. Score! Adding - i made the change before email and chart posted but thr discount was showing when booking new award online. Flight in June.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
I was able to get sfo-icn-del 2 weeks ago on asiana for 70k each way in mid october
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:09 pm

Programs: 1k
Originally Posted by FlyWorld
It is strategically noteworthy that this "sale" (however limited or illusory) has even happened.

This is the first instance since the full takeover on 3/12 (and for sometime before 3/12 as well) when I've seen an actual incentive or benefit being offered. With the exception of this event, every other "change" has been an increase in cost and/or decrease in benefits.

So, this management does not "give" anything lightly. There must have been some very strong reason motivating them to do it.

I think it may be the calm before the storm. Still much cheaper to use award for biz especially LAX to South East Asia and at these rates a RT flight even if you bought miles at 2.0 is less than 3k. A lot on here bad mouth buying miles but if you want to fly biz at that distance it is a bargain. Retail it is more than double that.

I think booking now as far out as possible and using miles now is a great idea as a rate increase will probably come in the near future.

Last edited by Asiatraveler15; Feb 23, 2015 at 8:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.