FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Saver Sale - UA partner awards pricing as UA award [Promo Has Ended]
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:56 pm
FlyWorld

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Some time / maybe a month ago I wanted to rebook an EU-US business class itinerary and came across the lower mileage requirements as well. It probably lasted a couple of days only, so I wrote it off as a glitch.

Interesting offer though. Could it be, that especially C award bookings on partners are slacking due to the higher mileage requirements? Resulting in UA showing a negative balance with some of those partner airlines?
It is strategically noteworthy that this "sale" (however limited or illusory) has even happened.

This is the first instance since the full takeover on 3/12 (and for sometime before 3/12 as well) when I've seen an actual incentive or benefit being offered. With the exception of this event, every other "change" has been an increase in cost and/or decrease in benefits.

So, this management does not "give" anything lightly. There must have been some very strong reason motivating them to do it.