Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Saver Sale - UA partner awards pricing as UA award [Promo Has Ended]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Saver Sale - UA partner awards pricing as UA award [Promo Has Ended]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2015, 6:23 pm
Suspended

Wow
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
I'm just glad we finally have an answer!
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:43 pm

Sounds like there is a lot of excess capacity in the market now, especially with Business Class. If this sale doesn't soak it up perhaps we'll see another one in a few months. Too bad First isn't also on sale but some of the carriers seem to be dealing with that issue by eliminating some or all of their First seats.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by lewende
Now it's official, UA just launched an award sale.
Yes, but T&C has this (bolding mine):
  • Award pricing is subject to change without notice. This offer cannot be applied to previously issued tickets.

It's a good thing this wasn't posted when I re-priced my existing ticket.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 10:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JetAway
Sounds like there is a lot of excess capacity in the market now, especially with Business Class. If this sale doesn't soak it up perhaps we'll see another one in a few months. Too bad First isn't also on sale but some of the carriers seem to be dealing with that issue by eliminating some or all of their First seats.
So United blew it when demanding more miles for partner awards. Time to roll back the award chart then.
No one in their right mind should book ANY partner award at the usurious rates. There might be a "sale" in the future again.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by skimthetrees
I am still seeing the website price partner Biz awards at UA metal rates from the US to Europe. What flights are you seeing with sale rates gone?
Originally Posted by JetAway
I'm still seeing lots of availability-multiple dates, destinations, Europe and Asia.
United re-activated the sale and officially announced it shortly after.

Phew I'm glad I'm able to re-catch the sale
Old Feb 4, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by skimthetrees
Yes, but T&C has this (bolding mine):
  • Award pricing is subject to change without notice. This offer cannot be applied to previously issued tickets.

It's a good thing this wasn't posted when I re-priced my existing ticket.
This may also just be standard legal boilerplate. It would be difficult to tweak the online systems to forbid previously ticketed reservations from being changed to the new rate.

This way UA is not required to reprice all tickets, though if a few savvy award customers -- e.g., FTers -- slip through the cracks no great harm is done.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 1:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Eric Westby
It would be difficult to tweak the online systems to forbid previously ticketed reservations from being changed to the new rate.
Yup. As we know from the varied experiences with pre-deval awards, there is nothing inherent to award coding that requires repricing at a previous rate. Rather, the computer will reprice an award at the current rate, and manual override is required to price it differently.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 5:19 am

With Jeff at the controls, any subtle hints at customer-care arise suspicion from my side.

Having said that, just booked a J class - the long way, SFO-SE Asia on TK. Good stuff.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 5:48 am

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
What happens if one books a discounted C class award US-Europe at the sales rate and then later decides to change the dates but keeps the origin and destination the same?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 6:12 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by chitownflyer
What happens if one books a discounted C class award US-Europe at the sales rate and then later decides to change the dates but keeps the origin and destination the same?
I think the answer will be YMMV. As we found after the post-Feb 1 devaluation, sometimes you can get what you want, sometimes you can't.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 6:15 am
Suspended

No Australia/NZ, South East Asia or Africa/South America ?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 7:14 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, SQ PPS, CX Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by dehetoxic
No Australia/NZ, South East Asia or Africa/South America ?
Is SE Asia considered distinct from S. Asia?

Would love SIN-ANZ discounts though. Too bad, though not unexpected. My last several flights to OZ have been booked solid in C well in advance.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by chitownflyer
If a wholly unused ticket is exchanged for travel outside of the promotion period or travel that does not otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of this promotion, the mileage will be credited back into the member’s account, subject to an applicable service charge, and a new ticket will be issued at the mileage redemption rate commensurate with the new award.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by IamHungry
If a wholly unused ticket is exchanged for travel outside of the promotion period or travel that does not otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of this promotion, the mileage will be credited back into the member’s account, subject to an applicable service charge, and a new ticket will be issued at the mileage redemption rate commensurate with the new award.
Doubtful that's what happens. They don't code their awards to do that. More likely it will reprice at the regular rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.