Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Saver Sale - UA partner awards pricing as UA award [Promo Has Ended]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Saver Sale - UA partner awards pricing as UA award [Promo Has Ended]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Any chance UA will come back at those who cash in on this 'mistake' and demand more miles, especially now that the cat has been let out of the bag on FT?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by transportprof
Any chance UA will come back at those who cash in on this 'mistake' and demand more miles, especially now that the cat has been let out of the bag on FT?
Highly unlikely. This has been going on for quite awhile-possibly intentional so as to move some partner inventory. UA, as the largest *A carrier, probably is the most important award outlet for excess Alliance inventory and UA's new partner award pricing may have significantly cut demand.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
UA partner awards pricing as UA award?!?

It happened before ( just after the New Year) but then it "corrected" itself a day or two later
Old Jan 31, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
UA partner awards pricing as UA award?!?

Just called to reprice my KBV-BKK-ICN-ORD TG/OZ itinerary. Paid 80k originally and agent happily refunded the difference (10k per ticket). Oddly taxes were $11 higher. Small price to pay.

Does anybody know if I call later down the road to change class on the outbound leg, if it would trigger repricing of the return leg that I just got the refund on?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 11:58 am

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Success

I just called UA Premier line and after a few minutes on the phone (he had to call another department to confirm) I got my one way USA-Europe flight in February repriced and saved 25K for two tickets. Thanks for tip!
Old Jan 31, 2015, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen
It happened before ( just after the New Year) but then it "corrected" itself a day or two later
Here's a clue: (emphasis mine)

01/31/2015 Saver Sale - North America (70,000)
Old Jan 31, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Oh BKK? I guess this time they included Asia in the deal.

Last time it was only to Europe from NA

What's supposedly the best deal in these cases? i.e. Europe is 57.5k vs 70k, SE Asia is 70k vs 80k.

EDIT: Booked IAH-HKG 3 Saver's successfully on NH

Thanks for notifying!

Last edited by TennisNoob; Jan 31, 2015 at 2:32 pm
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:39 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Only two awards sales presently mentioned on MileagePlus News & Offers

Save 20% on Saver Awards in United Economy® to Hong Kong

Save 20% on Saver Awards in United Economy® to the United States or Canada

Under publicized sales have been occurring, in Dec there were
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...omy-japan.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ch-2015-a.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ii-canada.html
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
Just booked my sister a circle trip LAX-BKK-SIN-LAX on combined BR, TG, & NH for 150K.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 3:24 pm

I have 2 tickets booked from Bom-IAH for my parents at higher award miles. It is not showing available online now. Can I have the difference refunded even if the availability has changed?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 4:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Looks like UA may be aware of the error; I have an existing award reservation in LX J that the system was going to let me reprice via the flight change option from 70K down to 57.5K per seat ... but when I got to the final step, after the new lower price appeared and the refund was offered, instead of confirmation I got an error message.

Or perhaps they're not aware, but the bug/sale only applies to new reservations. I'm not willing to cancel my ticket to find out.

Could've been worse I suppose: last time I tried to change a UA award itinerary online I lost both my new and my old reservations.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by NITISH
I have 2 tickets booked from Bom-IAH for my parents at higher award miles. It is not showing available online now. Can I have the difference refunded even if the availability has changed?
Everyone has been calling so why don't you also call and let us know how it goes? There is nothing you will risk loosing for calling in. And please do come back to let us know. Thanks!
Old Jan 31, 2015, 4:42 pm

Ok so I went online to change flights and sure enough the original flights bom-muc-iah in business showed available. It showed as 0 mile difference. When I clicked on it, it showed difference of 20k miles in my favor and $1.40 in taxes less. Great I thought. Went through the entire process and at the end error message I went back into the reservation and my worst fear happened. Reservation only showed bom-muc. I called 1k desk lady was great told her what I was trying to do. She put me on hold for 10 minutes and came back with they are refunding and canceling original ticket and rebooked for the lower 70k miles per ticket and credited my card the difference in taxes!!! So basically I got back 10k miles per ticket!!!
Old Jan 31, 2015, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by blitzen
Hi,

Just saw that United shows the same miles to Europe on United and Lufthansa ( 57.5k vs the Partner Airline 70k).

Book and book fast
Thanks for posting, blitzen. Just booked LAX-ICN-BKK for late this year on OZ's A380s.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:00 pm

So if we change our flight later on will they deduct more miles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.