Old Jan 18, 2015, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

United - Positive Experiences 2015

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA Silver
That is a nice touch. Almost every flight I've taken on a RJ has a group of people blocking the jetway on the way out because they're just so darn slow. Good reason to sit up front if you checked your bag!
Old May 8, 2015, 9:43 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by WhiteOut
Segment 1 arrives to ORD, an RJ200, so several standard 22" rollers gate-checked at origin. The ramp workers who loaded the conveyor up to the jetway had drawn the handles, the result being us pax in the jetway didn't have to fumble with it while retrieving and making the spin-move to head back up the crowded jetway. maybe they have been doing this a while, but I noticed this for the first time since I rarely have to gate-check my roller.
Had this happen both at DEN and back at SLC (both off of CR7s) week before last (both outsourced locations below wing). I agree, it was a nice touch and wrote it off to the gold handle wrap. Nice to have the bag out first, too - but I see more and more mainline/E175s now from SLC so the one-off CRJ is survivable...
Old May 14, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
MCO-LAX - United doing some things right for once

Glad they have addressed and standardized meal options across the enterprise (esp in F)

Choice of 3 meals, and the beef short ribs were actually "amazing"

FA's polite, friendly, attentive, and pleasant. Called everyone by their name, never once seemed bored or frustrated with any of the passengers

Working WiFi

On time arrival and THIS TIME, no riding around LAX looking for an open terminal

My bag was delivered within 5 minutes of my arrival at baggage claim. That's not a typo

One negative was the lack of A/C power outlets, given it was an older A320, I know they are working on it.
Old May 14, 2015, 11:37 am
Suspended

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
^^

If not for the gray slim lines it would be a great flight
Old May 14, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Buy a lottery ticket.
You are hot today.... seats were pre-known and except for "working" not one of those things to be grateful for.

Don't tell United or next flight for other will be totally screwed up to make up for the good experience.

Well, you can compliment the crew.
Old May 15, 2015, 4:57 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Had an excellent crew yesterday. Somehow, someway, I managed to score an upgrade on the evening ORD-RDU 737-700 flight. Two F/As in First who were very friendly and always in the aisles with drinks. I got a PDB, drink in the air and snack basket and was offered refills and they did it in a friendly and unrushed manner. Perfect flight all around.
Old May 15, 2015, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Had an amazing flight recently in C-class from NRT-HNL. Crew was all Asian (perhaps NRT based?). PDB of choice on the ground, and, despite now being a nobody on a UA (was a 1K for years before Jeffie took over), I asked for, and received, my first choice - the Japanese meal. The meal was excellent and quite filling. Drink re-fills were constant in the air - "may I freshen your glass, sir?" The lie-flat beds were a huge difference from the ancient angled business class seats that I am used to on AA's 777's (the re-configs can't come fast enough)! We were offered BOTH first the fruit and cheese plate, and then a sundae with all of the toppings. There was a pre-arrival meal prior to departure, but I slept right through it, thanks to the comfort of the seats.

I recognize that not all flights are like this, but this is what they should aspire to. Great job, UA, and my compliments to the crew!
Old Jun 1, 2015, 3:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool Great help from SFO UC Agent

Booked a last minute flight to Maui for today, SFO-LAX-OGG, got exit row aisle both flights. Had lunch in the SFO UC, was heading over to the gate when UA1130 SFO-LAX started to show up as delayed at least 90 minutes, meaning I'd miss the last LAX-OGG flight of the day.

Quickly walked back into the UC and asked an agent if she could get me on the direct flight UA1581 to OGG. She typed for a few minutes, asked me about checked bags, then told me 1581 was overbooked by 2, but she thought I'd make it, and printed up a boarding pass without seat assignment.

I kept checking the app, and was able to snag a confirmed seat about 20 min later. Exit row aisle.

I may not get my bag with snorkel gear till tomorrow, but sitting in the UC beats taking the extra flight through LAX any day.

Thanks, great UC agent!

Last edited by Doc Savage; Jun 1, 2015 at 4:18 pm Reason: Damn you, autocorrect.....
Old Jun 1, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
I'm pleasantly surprised with the good resolution given your use of the smilie, which I had presumed to be a signal that the thread title was ironic. Nice fakeout.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 4:13 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
It sure feels great when stuff works out like that!
Old Jun 1, 2015, 4:16 pm

got edit row
i'd guess that would allow you to choose any seat you wanted
Old Jun 1, 2015, 4:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Finally some good news for UA.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 4:20 pm
Suspended

Cool

Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
I'm pleasantly surprised with the good resolution given your use of the smilie, which I had presumed to be a signal that the thread title was ironic. Nice fakeout.
My future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!

Hope all is well with you, my friend.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 5:59 pm
Suspended

Rats, looks like I missed the upgrade by one spot.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Voluntary separation from checked luggage?? :\

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.