FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

United - Positive Experiences 2015

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2015, 3:08 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by teeceedee
Got two signed cards from the pilot thanking me for my service over the last three weeks. Small gesture, but appreciated.
These small touches always make a difference.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 2:34 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

About a week ago, IAH-FRA on a brand new 789. Left the gate slightly late, then had an "oven problem" which forced a gate return. Ended up leaving almost 2 hours late, with many concerned passengers who were connecting in FRA.

Flight attendants were on top of it, pilot provided information as it came in. Automatic rebooking worked like a charm, had a one hour wait at FRA which was just enough for some food and a shower. Flight attendants read off gate information as we were taxiing into our gate at FRA, and the flight was met by several LH/UA staffers directing people. Oh and the purser came and introduced himself before all this and recognized me as a 1k.

All in all, surprisingly, a very nice flight. Good job all around.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 3:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Scored a last-minute saver BF award seat on a three-class 772 IAD>SFO ... and then found myself the unlikely recipient of a CPU to the GF cabin this morning. I normally detest aisle seats (#FWP), but I'll happily take it for the comfier sleep given that I was up at 3am to make my earlier connection.

I guess 90% of the full BF cabin was there as an upgrade, and since I paid for the seat with saver miles, I was one of the only passengers who qualified. Apparently the combo of the Club card and UA Gold works miracles from time to time!
Old Dec 22, 2015, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA 1MM (and no longer flying much)
My aunt and uncle were flying SAN-SFO-KIX on December 21 to visit my cousin over Christmas (she's in the Navy based in Okinawa and had a few days of leave).

They bought their ticket. I applied a GPU and it cleared in October.

On Dec 21, SFO was hit by tremendous WX IRROPS and my aunt and uncle missed their connection. They were booked onto SFO-KIX on Dec 23, and were very bummed about it (though it did mean that they got a chance to visit me and my family, but they see us fairly often and really wanted to be visit my cousin).

The Dec 22 SFO-KIX flight was seriously oversold, and other flight options were logistically horrible and/or oversold. But early the morning of Dec 22, I checked and SFO-KIX showed as being heavily oversold in coach but having 13 empty seats in C. The seats in J weren't for sale, though (presumably due to the coach oversell).

I called the 1K line, and asked whether they could put my aunt & uncle on the Dec 22 flight, since there were empty seats in C. They obviously didn't have to do that, but the agent talked to her supervisor and they made it happen.

^

Edit/Update: To make a happy story unhappy...UA screwed up and their luggage got to KIX 3 days after they did.

Last edited by endrond; Dec 27, 2015 at 11:05 pm Reason: update
Old Jan 16, 2016, 6:16 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Time to put 2015 to bed with the 2016 thread found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...es-2016-a.html

goalie
UA Forum Co-Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.