FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

United - Positive Experiences 2015

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2015, 1:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM
Thanks, that's actually really interesting and useful. It will inspire me to ask for more since these are their own stated policies.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 2:02 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Dealt with a very friendly GA at F1 in ORD today. I was #1 for 0 seats on the upgrade list and she was willing to look to see if anyone was likely to misconnect and she said she'd come on board to pull me up if it happened. Sadly, it didn't, but I appreciated the help.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
UA Came through 3x for me so far this year

I'm as p!ssed off at UA as most other people are here. But I do have to say, this year to date, they have bailed me out 3 times. Well, maybe not bailed out all 3 times, but at least twice

The January blizzard in the NE that never happened. I was in MCO schedule to come home the day of the blizzard. I wanted to leave the day before (1 day early) and there still was no waiver listed. A rep allowed me to change my flight before the waiver was issued and I got home the early morning the storm was supposed to hit later in the day. Cost to me - nothing, except a lost day of vacation. I did save 1 night hotel & car

Feb - I was burning some AA miles to get to HNL on the weekend DFW was iced over and scheduled to fly Sunday morning at 9am from EWR. At 10:30pm Saturday I get an email cancelling my flight and rescheduling me 2 days later for a 6am flight from JFK. I couldn't get through to AA and finally went to UA, got myself a Y SAVER award on the non-stop at the same 9am, and managed to get a TOD upgrade to F. I got to HNL 3 hours earlier than originally schedule. Not bad for 10 hours before departure.

April - looked at my July 4th reservation on Saturday and all was OK. Looked again on Sunday and found that my 8:39 flight from MCO (the last of the day) was cancelled as well as the one before it. They put me on the 3:25pm flight, which would put a real kink in my day. Called in and asked to be rescheduled for the next morning, which I wanted in the first place but didn't take because it was ridiculously expensive, all with no fuss, and no muss. Yes, I realize that they would do this anyway due to the cancellation, but still, I ended up with a much cheaper fare than had I booked it for that date originally.

Let's hope my streak of good luck with UA continues, because quite honestly, for the July 4th trip I was going to take B6 and found them to be even more expensive than UA for the same dates/times.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:00 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Nice!
Also.. 3X
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM
But your TOD upgrade is someone else's complaint.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
At 10 hours prior? On a flight that doesn't do free upgrades for elites? R class was available. No one took it. I paid
Old Apr 20, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
No CPU for EWR-HNL

Originally Posted by Garten
But your TOD upgrade is someone else's complaint.
You need to use a RPU/GPU to upgrade on this EWR-HNL flight. There were probably no complaints from other elites if seats were left empty. Happy travels.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA PLAT. DL PLAT, AOPA, MUG CLUB AT ROCK BOTTOM
Great Club help

Was booked DEN-HNL-KOA (ha). Den-HNL went 4 hr MX. Went up to desk at DEN UA club and said "hey (( hotel/car/etc))". He put me on non-stop Den-Koa. Said sorry only "one" F seat left. no choice". Oh Heck got lie-flat and no connect in HNL. GREAT SERVICE.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Going through my itineraries, I recognized that a schedule change meant that I would miss a connection. I called in and got my itinerary changed...but even though I paid S, it now shows up as a full-fare Y in my account. Free upgrade to F and 1.5x the PQM...sheer dumb luck, but I suppose it counts as good service?
Old May 1, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: UA 1K
Birthday trip to SIN earlier this month. Long travel day SLC-SFO-NRT-SIN but all GPUs cleared (not to mention a birthday card from UA/SLC and a bottle of Champagne from SFO upper deck FAs). But, when I arrived in SIN, I left my iPad in the arm rest cubby of 6A. Called the 1K desk when I realized at the hotel. It was 2AM local but she said she would take care of it. Had an email from UA/SIN when I woke up that they had it and I could come get it that morning. Wasn't expecting it back but boy did they come through and kept checking up from the States and SIN to make sure all was good!
Old May 1, 2015, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Going through my itineraries, I recognized that a schedule change meant that I would miss a connection. I called in and got my itinerary changed...but even though I paid S, it now shows up as a full-fare Y in my account. Free upgrade to F and 1.5x the PQM...sheer dumb luck, but I suppose it counts as good service?
While the upgrade is probably safe don't count on the RDM/PQM/PQS and especially PQD sticking around if they post higher than your original bucket. Those have been known to be clawed back by MP, especially in the January~May 2016 timeframe when they review 2015 earned statuses.
Old May 1, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by wto605
While the upgrade is probably safe don't count on the RDM/PQM/PQS and especially PQD sticking around if they post higher than your original bucket. Those have been known to be clawed back by MP, especially in the January~May 2016 timeframe when they review 2015 earned statuses.
The PQD on the website is being calculated based on the fare I paid. As a PP CC holder though, I don't need to worry about this year (for now...)
Old May 1, 2015, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA GS, MM, AA (EXP), SPG Platinum, Priority Club, Ambassador Platinum, Global Entry
Wife and I were on a domestic flight into SFO on April 29 and met on tarmac by GS agent, Mercedes driver and taken directly to International terminal and GF Lounge.
What was interesting about this great service is that our layover presented plenty of time to walk to our next connection. GS agent informed us that they simply had the time to make this gesture during their light morning schedule. ^
Old May 6, 2015, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, PC Plat, SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, HH Gold
Ms. L Best 1K Agent
==================

Had been working on award tickets (mix of GF and BF) for our summer trip with stop overs, open jaws and all the works. I found some individual segments on UA website today, however when I did the Multi Segment booking some of the segments started disappearing.

Usually 1k desk has been hit or miss when calling on such issues. But today I was fortunate to get Ms. L on the line.

She secured seats for all 3 of us, and got these ticketed as well. She also made sure to get Mileage Plus online to cancel our old reservations and made sure our miles were deposited immediately, so we could get the new tickets issued.

What made this whole experience wonderful is, she was very patient, very attentive to my requests, knew what she was doing exactly and I never had a doubt she would get everything done for us. I believe we finally ended up with about 10 segments on the itinerary. She had to do each ticket 1 by one, as not all segments had the same class of service available. During the entire hour we spent on the phone, she kept me informed and inquired if there is anything else I needed.

This great attitude is what I had been missing most of the times I call 1K lately. It is good to see it is not completely dead.

United should be thanking the stars for such great 1K agents, without whom I might not have been as much loyal to United.
Old May 7, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Emerald Club Exec Elite, Air-Kayaker (former United MP)
Handles Drawn = Nice + More Efficient

Here's a positive I experienced last night for the first time, a seemingly minor detail but it definitely was helpful:

Segment 1 arrives to ORD, an RJ200, so several standard 22" rollers gate-checked at origin. The ramp workers who loaded the conveyor up to the jetway had drawn the handles, the result being us pax in the jetway didn't have to fumble with it while retrieving and making the spin-move to head back up the crowded jetway. maybe they have been doing this a while, but I noticed this for the first time since I rarely have to gate-check my roller.

Whether they did it for their own ease or for the pax, the end result was a quicker, less clunky retrieval process. And yes, I did specifically point this out on my post-flight survey.

(of course this could be avoided entirely by having a bin that accommodates a standard roller)...and I pointed that out also...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.