Search
Old Jan 18, 2015, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

United - Positive Experiences 2015

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2015, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by RFLP
Just returned from flights to Hawaii-(CID)-ORD-HNL, out bound, return, OGG-SFO-ORD(CID).
The flights were as good as one can expect-they were on time, actually the flts. ORD-HNL, OGG-SFO and SFO-ORD, all were 20 minutes or more early!

The attendants were pleasant, very helpful, brought drinks, they even made the weather perfect-if I can fly on time, have seat that I chose, I am happy.
Alright, what's 'CID'? Yes, I already looked in the FT glossary!
Old Feb 12, 2015, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
The Eastern Iowa Airport (Cedar Rapids, IA) KCID / CID
Old Feb 14, 2015, 6:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
Kudos to 1K agent

In my 69 years of traveling the globe I had never (yes, never) had to cancel a trip. This past November, just two days before a trip to Switzerland, I became very ill and required emergency life saving surgery. The trip to ZRH for 3 had to be canceled. The family member who called UA to cancel was under stress and did not understand what might happen when we would want to use our ticket credit for the next trip to ZRH.

Happy to report that a 20+ minute call to 1K line, all fees were waived and we are rebooked for end of March. The 1K agent was extremely helpful and so very pleasant. UA has been good to me for many years and I really appreciate being treated with such kindness after my near death experience.

I am doing very well now, although undergoing chemo for the next 5-6 months. My travel is now being sandwiched in between treatments, but I'm still out there seeing the world!
Old Feb 14, 2015, 9:24 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Feb 9 - LAX-HNL UA641. Flight delayed 5 hours.... start of a disaterous day but United swapped out 777 for 747 with lie-flats. 30+ people on the upgrade list made it to BF on this international config 747. people booked into business upgraded to first. Me and son both upgraded to BF in upper deck plus for our "trouble" was given $200 flight credit for me and $125 for my son. ended up being a good day
Old Feb 15, 2015, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, 1K
Thank you Laurie, and Tom @ Mileage Plus desk 2/15/2015

Sunday, 2/15/2015
I called the UA premier line to request special meal for my SFO-NRT-SIN flight next week, and Laurie was very professional, asking if she pronounced my last name correctly; this was a small gesture, but showed sensitivity and is much appreciated. She apologized that UA only has 3 veggie meal options, and none with egg and dairy(ovo-lacto). I settled with Asian veggie, thanked her professionalism, and asked to be transferred to the mileage plus desk.

Once connected, I then spent about 15 minutes with Tom discussing my issues, and he really took the time to answer them, and helped with my itinerary as well as offering some good advice that IMO went above and beyond. Too much to detail, here, but once again, thank you Tom for a very pleasant phone experience.

I will continue to fly with UA due to its comprehensive worldwide route and the best airline alliance out there...(one request: Please bring back free wine on international flights...)
Old Feb 15, 2015, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
About 15 minutes ago I decided to upgrade my March and May flights BKK/SFO from Business to First with miles. Logged on. Less than 5 minutes later upgrades confirmed and seats selected.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 8:37 am

Programs: 1k
HK to SFO in biz.

The FA was from Singapore and in the galley area we got into a conversation about things to do when in Singapore.

I went back to my seat for a snooze. When I woke up, there were 3 pages of notes taped to my ent. monitor listing detailed information for things to do in SIngapore. She was cute too. Should have gotten her number.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
UA 3787 IAD IND 3 hours late last night, top it off lost luggage.,.

Home at 4:00AM, connecting flight UA 808 PEK IAD

Positive experience, 33% of time this flight is cancelled, 33% of time late...on time 33% of the time..l
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: AA(EXP)UA(1K/1MM) Marriott(PP,LifeTime Plat) Hertz(5*)
Tales of Award Ticket booking/Changes

Over the weekend I needed to change a friends award ticket that I booked in December.

She has already done the outbound and needs the return flight delayed as it is taking longer to deal with her fathers passing then she thought.

I was needing to call anyways to get a complicated award ticket issued for myself especially since OZ flights are not showing on .bomb.

Imagine my happiness when the agent says thank you for calling global services. I was on cloud 9. This is going to be the easiest, friendliest, non argumentative, and quick phone conversation I have had with united in years!

She was helpful and patient as we kept looking at different destination and dates and flights for my award trip.

30 min later and my trip is finished. Fantastic. and it even cost less miles then I thought it would.

Then we move on to the award change and she was able to find the award inventory on OZ and keep the exact same route as the original. We even looked at trying to pass my friend through LAX on a layover so I could visit with them but it just wasn't working out for the timing of flights.

All is grand and I hang up and review my email with my award booking in it.

error one is the first date of departure is wrong.
make a call and get a standard 1k agent who thanked me for calling immediately to change and correct the issue.

ok great all is well with the world again. But I still have not gotten notification of my award change for my friends flight.

an hour or so passes by and I go online to look and sure enough it still has the original dates. I try to change it myself and it won't let me change it. I do a quick glance at my award flight for myself and see another mistake(booking class for one of the flights)

so again I make the call to UA. I actually get the same agent that originally booked the itinerary. She was actually about to call me because since I had hung up with her she was still trying to get the award ticket changed for my friend.

We fix the booking class on my award travel. She apologizes profusely for the mistakes in my itinerary and can see that there was the change with the date as well. And she said that there would be a need for an additional 10,000 miles which I was anticipating. (It was actually rebooked for the same amount of miles....How great of an agent is that)

We then talk about the award ticket for my friend.

She tried 2 more times while on the phone to change it not luck.
I tried 2 times from my computer to change it and no luck.
I ask about what if we just cancel it and reissue it. She tells me thats a bad idea because you will loose your miles since the itinerary has already been partly used.

She says she will keep working on it until the end of her shift and will give me a call with a status update.

I left her with a little karat of "Its times like this that I really miss Apollo" she didn't find it amusing or funny and I can only think that she cam form the pmCO side as any pmUA would have totally agreed no mater what.

Well about 4 hours later I get an email with the itinerary changed and my phone rings.

It took 3 agents, 6 hours to change the ticket. They had to pull out my MP number from the ticket in order to rebook the ticket and then add my MP number back to the ticket so that way the ticket would show that the miles came from my account.

I can't imagine how any normal GM, Silver, Gold, Plat are able to get anything done with UA when they call. Holy cow I had basically gotten the cream of the crop with the call center and they couldn't force it through with out major hassle.

All in all great service even with the mistakes.

I didn't even have the heart to tell her that I have moved all my Revenue flying to AA and that my goal for UA this year was to have a 0 balance on all my qualification for elite status.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
That is why I almost always book award tickets as two one ways.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: AA(EXP)UA(1K/1MM) Marriott(PP,LifeTime Plat) Hertz(5*)
Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace
That is why I almost always book award tickets as two one ways.
Yea. I wasn't thinking about it. I normally do unless I am making a stopover. I was out of the country at the time and it was my gift to her instead of her spending thousands on a last minute airfare.

Just glad they got it fixed.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA 1k, US Airways Silver, SPG PLT, Marriot Gold, Hertz PC
Had to dig back far to find this thread, but thought I'd post. Flew SAN->IAH on Friday, upgrade cleared on... Wednesday I think. I checked the amenities and noticed it was "snacks" only, so I made sure to eat a big lunch.

Flight was delayed, but we eventually boarded. I observed that the FA's were bringing the snacks around very frequently, almost walking up and down all the time. When I got up to use the lav, I observed to them that they were making a lot of trips.

They simply responded "We're just so surprised that there was no meal on this flight, and feel terrible for you guys. That's why we're making so many rounds".

So... despite the delay and cost cutting of UA, it was nice to see the people on the plane working hard and being thoughtful. I thanked them for that and took a couple more snacks back with me
Old Mar 20, 2015, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott-Gold
Something positive about UA happened today!

Hi,

wanted to report something that happened today that I was pleasantly surprised about and it involved UA customer service. It is sad that it has been years since I felt the need to write something positive about UA but here we go.

Bought my friend one award domestic one way ticket for this friday evening, and flight got cancelled yesterday. (She got upgraded too!). Call to 1k desk, friendly agent switched airport and found a connecting flight instead, would take 4 extra hours but would get to dest. Few hours ago, first leg got delayed, so connecting would not be possible. Call 1k desk again, asked the reason for delay, which was late incoming. I then asked if they would be able to buy a flight on a different airline. She checked with supervisor, and came back saying she couldnt find anything available. I had already checked and told her 4-5 different flights with seats on. She said "oh" and then confirmed a direct flight on DL.

I told her this was great and fingers crossed DL doesnt cancel out of LGA today. I am not sure about this policy when I buy flights for other people with my miles, but it was a nice gesture I thought. Thanks UA!
Old Mar 20, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: MP - 1K, Hyatt - Platt, SPG - Gold
I had that last November traveling back from Germany connecting in the US. There was a potential snow storm in EWR and my connection was delayed 24 hours in advance. I called them and they put me on a non-stop Lufthansa flight (and upgraded me), even though there was no travel waiver. Customer service agent said they couldnt put me on the Lufthansa Flight, but supervisor overhead, came on and made the change.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by davidviolin
Hi,

wanted to report something that happened today that I was pleasantly surprised about and it involved UA customer service. It is sad that it has been years since I felt the need to write something positive about UA but here we go.

Bought my friend one award domestic one way ticket for this friday evening, and flight got cancelled yesterday. (She got upgraded too!). Call to 1k desk, friendly agent switched airport and found a connecting flight instead, would take 4 extra hours but would get to dest. Few hours ago, first leg got delayed, so connecting would not be possible. Call 1k desk again, asked the reason for delay, which was late incoming. I then asked if they would be able to buy a flight on a different airline. She checked with supervisor, and came back saying she couldnt find anything available. I had already checked and told her 4-5 different flights with seats on. She said "oh" and then confirmed a direct flight on DL.

I told her this was great and fingers crossed DL doesnt cancel out of LGA today. I am not sure about this policy when I buy flights for other people with my miles, but it was a nice gesture I thought. Thanks UA!
Positive in the outcome, but the agent obviously did not look very hard if she "couldn't find the space" that you quickly found on Delta. I am not impressed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.