Old Jan 18, 2015, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

United - Positive Experiences 2015

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:22 am

Programs: AC
Shows the true value to a company to have a representative working on the board.

A simple post by a member and 10 minutes on the work of UA insider is worth more than thousands in adverstising.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by transportprof
Did you send in the receipts, or did your wife? It would be odd for them to call someone who didn't contact them with this request, I think.
But they WOULD actually call the pax inconvenienced.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:41 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
But they WOULD actually call the pax inconvenienced.
Perhaps. But I'd like to learn more from the OP. I've sent my niece on flights with award tickets and she got delayed enroute. If I'd sent in a note to 1K voice about this, which I did not, I would not expect UA to contact my niece directly.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum
I'm noticing big positive difference in customer service lately, mostly over the phone and via 1KVoice. Issues are being resolved very quickly and completely. I even had someone call to follow up on a refund issue I had.

As for at the airport and on-board, customer service is about the same for me, which ranges from acceptable to disappointing.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Sometimes the Captain makes the difference (great flight vs otherwise)

UA 647, IAD-SFO 3/26 (evening flight). The Captain came out and introduced himself, briefed first class on the flight plan and how things would go, asked for questions, and thanked them for their business. (I wasn't in F but saw this from the first row in Y).
A few minutes later he did the same on the intercom, and made it a point to mention the excellent flight crew that was working with him. You really got the feeling everyone was part of a tightly-knit crew that was friendly and helpful.

And that's how the flight went. Despite a 40 minute delay on the ground, which we were appropriately updated on, as well as explanations for what we might have heard on Channel 9 (did I mention that he was a big fan of Channel 9 and made a sales pitch about flying United because it was the only airline offering the service?), people felt pretty good. He even mentioned that, during the delay, he had to keep the seat belt sign on and we could be moving at any moment so he'd prefer it if we could wait to use the lav, but if we couldn't, he understood, and the plane would sit tight until everyone was seated. Never head that before.

And it was a great flight, everyone seemed pretty darned content at least, maybe even happy, even towards the back. The captain had set a tone that carried through. So I asked the FA sitting across from me in the jump seat how many time she'd flown with him, what his name was... she had never flown with him before, first name Bruce, from Walnut Creek, not sure of last name. I seriously thought this was a crew where everyone knew everyone. It really felt that way.

This Captain probably did more to get people to answer "Yes, I'm likely to recommend flying United to a friend" than multi-million-dollar cabin upgrades and commercials. Does anybody recognize him from the photo? I'd love to send United a note on him. Already did for the FA.

Thanks-

Last edited by Mike Jacoubowsky; Mar 28, 2015 at 3:30 pm Reason: Image placement, wish I could figure how to wrap text around it
Old Mar 28, 2015, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
The 757 crews are some of the best. Sadly, most of them are retiring along with the 757.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Thanks for posting this, Mike!
Old Mar 28, 2015, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 1.6MM, AA LT PLT, AA 2.6MM, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
I think I had him last year. He came up to me in first class and thanked me for being a GS passenger with UA. I typically wouldn't like that kind of attention but he did it so nicely it was impossible to do anything but be kind to him right back. Similar preflight briefing, inflight updates and an overall good feeling.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
The 757 crews are some of the best. Sadly, most of them are retiring along with the 757.
Virtually all are moving to the B756 fleet (integrated CO/UA 757/767 currently flying former CO metal) if they aren't 65... The 76T designation is going away in less than a year, I understand.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Looks familiar & like a Captain maybe a year ago who did a similar thing as though he REALLY did enjoy chatting with pax.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by transportprof
Did you send in the receipts, or did your wife? It would be odd for them to call someone who didn't contact them with this request, I think.
I did. And yes, it was a little strange that they called her and not me - but that's OK. They have both of our phone numbers. I should note that she's a 1K as well, due to my MM status.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:51 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
UA 647, IAD-SFO 3/26 (evening flight). The Captain came out and introduced himself, briefed first class on the flight plan and how things would go, asked for questions, and thanked them for their business.-
I had him once on that route. Did appreciate the consideration.

Real gutsy of you to take a photo. On some UA flights that might have gotten you kicked off, duct-taped to your seat, water boarded, etc.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:42 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Upgrade to GF

Originally Posted by porciuscato
I had him once on that route. Did appreciate the consideration.

Real gutsy of you to take a photo. On some UA flights that might have gotten you kicked off, duct-taped to your seat, water boarded, etc.
I gave up a seat on the crappy Q200 aircraft and compensated handsomely. Then I will fly direct to Beijing from IAD. What surprised me was that I rebooked an GF seat. I was on BF seat for EWR-PEK with W fare + GPU. I wished that UA let me fly to Shanghai, instead. Of course, without the handsome compensation. Anyway, I enjoyed the GF lounge at IAD.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by jgreen1024
I was rather impressed that after sending in a hotel receipt for reimbursement after my wife and kids misconnected in IAH, someone from United actually called my wife on the phone this morning to apologize for the misconnect, and to offer way more in travel vouchers than what we were asking for in reimbursement.

It does make me curious how they decide who gets the personalized response and who doesn't. Nobody has ever called me. Maybe they somehow know that my wife is more friendly than I am.
What were the circumstances of the misconnect?
Old Mar 31, 2015, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by porciuscato
What are you talking about?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.