Search
Old Jan 18, 2015, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

United - Positive Experiences 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2015, 6:03 pm

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I wonder if they aren't trying to reach out and have positive touch with a greater set of customers where they have the resources. They invited me to the GFL in IAD a few weeks ago, and like the OP, I'm just a run of the mill unremarkable overentitled 1K.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 6:19 pm

Maybe this means that they have less GS flying UA these days and extra staff sitting around doing nada and have to leverage those resources some how
Old Jul 10, 2015, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Years ago I flew in F to MVD when ua still services there. It was my first F flight to SA. Back then, you needed to deplane and get shuttled by bus to customs.

I had a golf cart with my name personally drive me to customs and place me i front of everyone. I exited the airport before my ride even showed up !!

This was easily at least 10 years + ago
Old Jul 10, 2015, 7:55 pm

Programs: National Executive, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond
I flew a couple of flights a few months ago where the wifi wasn't working. Just sent an email to customer service to let them know so they could fix it, and maybe get a few miles. They ended up giving me a $75 voucher. More than fair considering I don't have status.

United gets dumped on a lot, but they've never been anything but good to me. Much more so than US Air ever has been.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: 1k
UA 033

In Biz, probably the hardest working FA I have ever seen.
A heavy set Asia FA probably about 30.
She hustled and took care of passengers the entire flight like I have never seen.
Just outstanding.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 4:21 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
I have had great FAs this year so far. One of my favorites is a regular on SNA-EWR. She always remembers exactly what I like to drink, and that I like my mixer in the glass with ice and two booze bottles on the side. And she keeps me well supplied throughout the flight.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Originally Posted by bmr12
I wonder if they aren't trying to reach out and have positive touch with a greater set of customers where they have the resources. They invited me to the GFL in IAD a few weeks ago, and like the OP, I'm just a run of the mill unremarkable overentitled 1K.
I was invited to use the GFL in London on June 23, but when I informed them that the wife and daughter would be joining me shortly, they couldn't bend the rules that much to let us all use it. Assured me the UC was just as nice. Couldn't compare, but it was nice.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 11:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
219 ORD to HNL
July 7, In Y, (UA had to sell the remaining F seats as I remained number one upgrade list.)
Excellent crew. Kathy in particular but excellent service. I could not have been happier with the crew and service provided.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 1:15 am

Programs: United
BF flight better than many GFs

UA803 IAD-NRT 7/9/15; 8A, B, and C; 777; MM

Nothing out of the ordinary in the flight itself, just what every flight should be. Orderly boarding, on-time departure and arrival, and excellent cabin service. The flight attendants exhibited just the right balance between friendliness, attentiveness, and privacy. Meals were fine, especially the sundaes!

The seats were comfortable, private, lie-flat, and allowed plenty of sleep. Our only complaint about the seats is that there is absolutely no storage space - not even a place to safely store a pair of glasses. ALL carry-ons were required to be placed in overhead bins for TO and landing.

Then the frosting on the cake: Immigration at NRT was mobbed, taking just under an hour. We were concerned about our checked bags, and could not spot them on the carrousel. The reason was that all six bags had been retrieved and placed on a cart, with a helpful attendant standing by to check our ID and welcome us to Tokyo. I NEVER had that experience anywhere.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 8:32 am

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.
Originally Posted by coplatua1k
219 ORD to HNL
July 7, In Y, (UA had to sell the remaining F seats as I remained number one upgrade list.)
Excellent crew. Kathy in particular but excellent service. I could not have been happier with the crew and service provided.
You had your upgrade sold out from under you, and it's a positive experience? Wow, maybe Smisek isn't so clueless after all.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA
On LHR-IAH yesterday, the purser came back to my seat in Y and politely informed me that I was celebrating a special anniversary. This took me completely by surprise. While my mind raced to figure out what the anniversary could be, she handed me an envelope, thanked me for my service, and walked away.

The envelope contained a card signed by the entire crew which simply said "Congratulations on flight 5 LHR-IAH!" which confused me because (1) it was a milestone, not an anniversary, and (2) I'm pretty sure I haven't made that flight 5 times.

But I think that segment was the one that qualified me for Platinum, so maybe she just got the cards mixed up? I didn't see her hand one out to anyone else though.

Nonetheless, it made me feel appreciated and was a positive experience!
Old Jul 14, 2015, 6:10 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I was very pleasantly surprised by a TATL op-up for me and Mrs. Transportprof, TXL-EWR. We got the new seats at the gate - just before boarding our bus to the remote parking stand.

Flight went by very quickly, with smooth and polished service from an experienced crew. We were even 22 minutes early into EWR!
Old Jul 14, 2015, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by clarkm
On LHR-IAH yesterday, the purser came back to my seat in Y and politely informed me that I was celebrating a special anniversary. This took me completely by surprise. While my mind raced to figure out what the anniversary could be, she handed me an envelope, thanked me for my service, and walked away.

The envelope contained a card signed by the entire crew which simply said "Congratulations on flight 5 LHR-IAH!" which confused me because (1) it was a milestone, not an anniversary, and (2) I'm pretty sure I haven't made that flight 5 times.

But I think that segment was the one that qualified me for Platinum, so maybe she just got the cards mixed up? I didn't see her hand one out to anyone else though.

Nonetheless, it made me feel appreciated and was a positive experience!
I was on that flight! Maybe was your anniversary of joining MP? I've seen that in other threads before...
Old Jul 14, 2015, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Every GPU(5) and RPU(3) that I've applied has cleared this year.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.
Originally Posted by TomMM
Every GPU(5) and RPU(3) that I've applied has cleared this year.
Same here, but only because I only book flights that have R inventory at the time of booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.