Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
If you need documentation of delay / cancellation for trip insurance or refunds from hotel / tour / .... operator, try this
Verification letters
Upon request, we can provide a statement of proof that a United flight was delayed or canceled. You may email your request to [email protected]. Be sure to include the names of all customers in your party, confirmation number, flight numbers and dates of travel, phone contact and the email address or mailing address where you would like it sent. Please allow 5-10 business days for processing.​
Print Wikipost

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2015]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2015, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by phltraveler
snip...
Would be curious to know if it actually was water or not, we never got an answer.

Plane was a Boeing 738 tail N24202.
The firetrucks didn't arrive until after you had sat at the gate? Almost definitely fuel then. If they didn't show up proactively upon landing then they came in response to something. Also, if where the guy is standing is the location of the leak I'm fairly certain there's no fluid that far out on the wing other than the fuel tank.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 2:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
UA 257 JFK-SFO. Now at 2:45 and counting. Problem with door seals. They said it was fixed and boarded us, now mechanics are back on plane. Nine delay e-mails from UA so far
Old Apr 23, 2015, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold, US, AA, DL
4/21, UA623, ORD-LAX. Left ORD a few minutes late and waited for a gate at LAX for nearly an hour on a 9pm arrival. Not impressive. This happens too often and is usually only a little inconvenient, but this was pretty bad. I understand some pax risked missing international conventions.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by Kacee
UA 257 JFK-SFO. Now at 2:45 and counting. Problem with door seals. They said it was fixed and boarded us, now mechanics are back on plane. Nine delay e-mails from UA so far
3 hours delayed and finally off the gate. Looks like a $100 "I'm sorry" ETC from UA for 1K's (probably $50 for gold / plat, and $5 for silver and lower).... hopefully you aren't connecting.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
UA512, JFK to SFO - 5:30 PM takeoff, delayed 12 minutes due to late plane. Now delayed further due to 'seat maintenance' in BF (first time I've heard that one). Mildly amused by someone getting livid about something UA did while talking to someone on the phone and demanding he will get a first-class seat. Think he's going to be sorely disappointed.

Hopefully I don't miss my SFO-MRY connecting flight (had 90 minutes in SFO originally)
Old Apr 23, 2015, 11:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jjmoore
3 hours delayed and finally off the gate. Looks like a $100 "I'm sorry" ETC from UA for 1K's (probably $50 for gold / plat, and $5 for silver and lower).... hopefully you aren't connecting.
Nope . . . sitting at home in Oakland now

$200 or 10,000 miles for 1K, $125 or 6250 for ns companion. Customer care e-mail sent within an hour of departure. Crew was fantastic - old style ps service.

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Hopefully I don't miss my SFO-MRY connecting flight (had 90 minutes in SFO originally)
Looks like the connection was 59 minutes, so guessing it all worked out.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Nope . . . sitting at home in Oakland now

$200 or 10,000 miles for 1K, $125 or 6250 for ns companion. Customer care e-mail sent within an hour of departure. Crew was fantastic - old style ps service.

Looks like the connection was 59 minutes, so guessing it all worked out.
Yep, made it with enough time to grab a chowder bowl at Boudin
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
4/21 UA 218 HNL-ORD (N117UA) cancelled due to aircraft maintenance.

Looks like this bird has been stuck in HNL since then and they will ferry it out today.

4/24 UA 2200 HNL-SFO 0800 - 1548
Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
Information on UA1400

Can anyone help figure out what is going on with UA1400? First the pilot just muttered it was maintenance. Then they simply said "we are waiting on performance data from Chicago." Then they deplaned the whole thing. The FA's were great, but you could tell even they were getting annoyed with the pilots not saying anything. The phone or gate agents have no clue either, except for "maintenance." It was really bizarre. And literally every other plane on this route today was on time, and I just switched to the last flight and we just boarded, it's showing as on time too. I'm just really confused as to what happened, there's no information.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:53 pm

UA's website says delayed due to aircraft maintenance and scheduled to depart at 8 PM...doesn't seem likely if you're already off the plane.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
UA's website says delayed due to aircraft maintenance and scheduled to depart at 8 PM...doesn't seem likely if you're already off the plane.
Yeah that's what was weird, the site says maintenance but the pilots said they were waiting for flight data. We are all off the plane, I'm just more curious what the real story is.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
What's weirder is it left over 3 hours late (after 9pm local time) and shows a 100% empty seat map (excluding seats blocked for disabled/special needs)
Old Apr 28, 2015, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
UA possibly did something like this to me a few weeks back. An exit row light bulb was out so they cancelled the flight - took everyone off the plane - and then flew they plane to EWR with the crew on board to get it fixed... Just one possible explanation....
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
What's weirder is it left over 3 hours late (after 9pm local time) and shows a 100% empty seat map (excluding seats blocked for disabled/special needs)
yeah, they moved us all to UA1743 which was the 8:09P departure since both flights were about half full so they just crammed us all into one plane. i landed and noticed that UA1400 left after 9PM. it's really weird.

a lot of us on the plane were pretty frustrated. not with the delay itself, we were all chatting and we get that airlines are complex and issues arise. what was really frustrating was that the pilots weren't telling us anything, and from the galley chatter the FA's were getting annoyed that they weren't getting any information either. strange.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by bob_the_d
Yeah that's what was weird, the site says maintenance but the pilots said they were waiting for flight data. We are all off the plane, I'm just more curious what the real story is.
What they probably meant (but didn't communicate very well) was that they were waiting on the flight performance data to fly with whatever was broken. There are many components which can be flown when INOP, however some may negatively impact performance.

Since your flight was half full perhaps the hope was your flight could go anyway (while still carrying the PAX, enough fuel, a bit less cargo, etc.) as that will be the quickest option to getting you to your destination. I would guess when that didn't pan out they moved all the SLF and baggage over to the 20:09 departure and ferried the AC/Crew (and likely some cargo) up to EWR where it could be repaired for the flights today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.