Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
If you need documentation of delay / cancellation for trip insurance or refunds from hotel / tour / .... operator, try this
Verification letters
Upon request, we can provide a statement of proof that a United flight was delayed or canceled. You may email your request to [email protected]. Be sure to include the names of all customers in your party, confirmation number, flight numbers and dates of travel, phone contact and the email address or mailing address where you would like it sent. Please allow 5-10 business days for processing.​
Print Wikipost

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2015]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2015, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA G, *G, Global Entry, Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont, Hyatt, Starwood etc
My child and grandchildren (twins 7) flight was canceled on the last leg of their return to SEA from Panama (I was told no crew due to weather in midwest; they were told "trouble with the plane") along with 180 others early Tuesday morning. Their 9 hour trip turned into 70 because a UA agent at IAH didn't properly endorse one of the twins' tickets over to AS and then a second one repeated the mistake to DL.
All but one of the family disappeared from the originally combined reservation in the MP account at the time this happened, all of their ticket numbers changed, and a Premier agent giving me the new ticket numbers assured me that all was in order (however, the tickets still had 016 prefix though supposedly AS which should have been 023).
This was an award ticket.
Is this a compensible event? Kids were nearly dead with exhaustion, grands missed two days of a subsequent ski vacation with their mother. Thanks for any advice.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 3:22 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ts-2016-a.html
Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:20 pm

I came across a delayed flight I thought was unusual - it arrived nearly 13 hours late

UA 788
Sunday, December 27, 2015
LAX to SFO

Scheduled: 8:00am to 9:47am
Actual: 9:06pm to 10:42pm

Delayed due to a late inbound aircraft arrival (arrived gate 12 hours 55 minutes late)

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 3, 2016 at 6:23 pm Reason: Cleanup after move to closed thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.