Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
If you need documentation of delay / cancellation for trip insurance or refunds from hotel / tour / .... operator, try this
Verification letters
Upon request, we can provide a statement of proof that a United flight was delayed or canceled. You may email your request to [email protected]. Be sure to include the names of all customers in your party, confirmation number, flight numbers and dates of travel, phone contact and the email address or mailing address where you would like it sent. Please allow 5-10 business days for processing.​
Print Wikipost

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2015]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2015, 4:42 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Looks like a very bad day is shaping up for UA in the Chicago area. My 6:20am GRR-ORD just got pushed back 2 hours for wx both in GRR and at ORD. Good luck out there.... And thankfully there is a direct GRR-DEN for me to take today.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:58 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by jjmoore
Looks like a very bad day is shaping up for UA in the Chicago area. My 6:20am GRR-ORD just got pushed back 2 hours for wx both in GRR and at ORD. Good luck out there.... And thankfully there is a direct GRR-DEN for me to take today.
They cancelled my 6am flight to EWR on UEX because the lightbulb was out on the exit row door - so now my arrival time into SFO is 5pm instead of 12pm - if I ever get out of here... This is my punishment for trying to route via EWR so I could take the flat bed 757 from EWR to SFO - should have just stuck to mainline via ORD and sucked it up on a dark 737 - which is now what I get via EWR anyways - and a five hour delay and a much longer flight on an inferior plane.... When will I learn?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 6:27 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, HHonors Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis First
My 6 am from DEN to IAH was cancelled today. It was a zoo at the gate. Shares had booked me for tomorrow's flight (does not work). 1K desk offered options for tomorrow only. Went to the Club, fought my way through having them re-route on United to my final destination. Arriving 4 hours late but at least will be there tonight in time for my meeting tomorrow AM.
Stupid UA.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by denuaflier
My 6 am from DEN to IAH was cancelled today. It was a zoo at the gate. Shares had booked me for tomorrow's flight (does not work). 1K desk offered options for tomorrow only. Went to the Club, fought my way through having them re-route on United to my final destination. Arriving 4 hours late but at least will be there tonight in time for my meeting tomorrow AM.
Stupid UA.
This is a prime example of why I need GS.... Any situation such as this would be promptly met with a gate agent handing you a boarding pass for the next flight..... Not the next available flight.... The NEXT flight. If my $50-60K year this year doesn't get me into GS, I will be off to AA or DL. That IAH cxl was due to MX too... They should have bent over backwards to get you onto a flight before telling you that it would be tomorrow.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 7:27 am

This is a prime example of why I need GS.... Any situation such as this would be promptly met with a gate agent handing you a boarding pass for the next flight..... Not the next available flight.... The NEXT flight. If my $50-60K year this year doesn't get me into GS, I will be off to AA or DL. That IAH cxl was due to MX too... They should have bent over backwards to get you onto a flight before telling you that it would be tomorrow.
LOL - My GS status and $100k+ spend got me nothing today in IRROPS so don;'t hold your breath. All that saved me was calling the GS line and asking proactively to be rebooked and then fed them the flights (they initially said nothing was available. It could also be that it was 5:30am EST and the GS line wasn't on yet as the wait was quite long). I have tried to standby on three flights since then (two to ORD once to IAD) but didn't make it on to any of them... GS might mean something at a hub - out here in the real world, not so much (my airport is outsourced and they announce GS as Global Premier every time lol).
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
4/7 UA 73 SFO-HNL (N76062) cancelled due to aircraft maintenance.
4/8 UA 2104 SFO-HNL (N76062) was suppose to depart this morning at 0600 as an extra section with passengers from the cancelled flight on 4/7, but looks like the flight is cancelled again due to aircraft maintenance.
4/8 UA 72 HNL-SFO initially delayed due to late inbound (UA 73/UA 2104), but now cancelled.
4/8 UA 73 SFO-HNL which was suppose to use this same frame (N76062) cancelled due to aircraft maintenance. Looks like another extra sector UA 2115 SFO-HNL (N104UA) departing at 1611 and arriving at 1821.
4/9 UA 72 HNL-SFO cancelled due to aircraft swap. Extra sector now 4/9 UA 2116 HNL-SFO (N104UA) departing at 0626 and arriving at 1416

4/9 UA 73 SFO-HNL is showing as using frame N76062. Wondering if it will finally be fixed.

I'm wondering which maintenance team gets the blame for this
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by kluau88
4/7 UA 73 SFO-HNL (N76062) cancelled due to aircraft maintenance.
4/8 UA 2104 SFO-HNL (N76062) was suppose to depart this morning at 0600 as an extra section with passengers from the cancelled flight on 4/7, but looks like the flight is cancelled again due to aircraft maintenance.
4/8 UA 72 HNL-SFO initially delayed due to late inbound (UA 73/UA 2104), but now cancelled.
4/8 UA 73 SFO-HNL which was suppose to use this same frame (N76062) cancelled due to aircraft maintenance. Looks like another extra sector UA 2115 SFO-HNL (N104UA) departing at 1611 and arriving at 1821.
4/9 UA 72 HNL-SFO cancelled due to aircraft swap. Extra sector now 4/9 UA 2116 HNL-SFO (N104UA) departing at 0626 and arriving at 1416

4/9 UA 73 SFO-HNL is showing as using frame N76062. Wondering if it will finally be fixed.

I'm wondering which maintenance team gets the blame for this
this has been going on for a few weeks on both the SFO and LAX 772 flights. one might argue that the flights cancel more often than they actually operate. it's laughable. anyone who pays $$$ to fly UA to hawaii at this point is out of their mind...you either get a dark 739 or a cancel on a 772 it seems.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
They cancelled my 6am flight to EWR on UEX because the lightbulb was out on the exit row door - so now my arrival time into SFO is 5pm instead of 12pm - if I ever get out of here... This is my punishment for trying to route via EWR so I could take the flat bed 757 from EWR to SFO - should have just stuck to mainline via ORD and sucked it up on a dark 737 - which is now what I get via EWR anyways - and a five hour delay and a much longer flight on an inferior plane.... When will I learn?
Finally made it to newark - now my flight to sfo is delayed bc of baggage issues - chaos on the ramp is how the captain put it.... I will miss my dinner meeting now as i will arrive over six hours late - do I expect anything from UA - no. Why we put up with this crap I don't know....

Edit - still sitting here over an hour late to depart now - with no explanation as usual. Pilot came on and says they filed new flight plan and waiting for sequencing to leave - honestly how tough is it to operate an airline properly???

Last edited by bmwe92fan; Apr 8, 2015 at 1:45 pm
Old Apr 8, 2015, 1:59 pm

Finally made it to newark - now my flight to sfo is delayed bc of baggage issues - chaos on the ramp is how the captain put it.... I will miss my dinner meeting now as i will arrive over six hours late - do I expect anything from UA - no. Why we put up with this crap I don't know....

Edit - still sitting here over an hour late to depart now - with no explanation as usual. Pilot came on and says they filed new flight plan and waiting for sequencing to leave - honestly how tough is it to operate an airline properly???
The airline is only as strong as the weakest link. Look at what you get for $6.00/hr..... chaos.

FTW... the 6:20am GRR-ORD that I was originally on was cancelled at around 09:30EST. LOL .... I had a hunch that would happen, and am glad I was proactive in getting on a different flight (still 2 hours late getting in).
Old Apr 8, 2015, 2:16 pm

Everything from ORD-SFO was totally booked? I would have gone with a direct flight the instant I lost hope in the lie-flat from EWR (those are great rides... was just on EWR-LAX in one the int'l 752's back in February).
Old Apr 8, 2015, 8:18 pm

Everything from ORD-SFO was totally booked? I would have gone with a direct flight the instant I lost hope in the lie-flat from EWR (those are great rides... was just on EWR-LAX in one the int'l 752's back in February).
Apparently the first flight of the day to sfo from ord was cancelled and everything behind it filled up - I couldn't get to ord today anyways so it didn't matter....

Just landed in Sfo 7 hours late - what a day!
Old Apr 9, 2015, 11:24 pm
Suspended

Check out some of the flight paths tonight due to storms! FlightRadar 24 shows some weird routings. Check out UA 445 JFK-LAX. It went straight north to Canada, almost to Montreal, then turned east, over the U.P. of Michigan before heading in the general direction of LAX.

Got to be LOTS of long lines at ORD and other places tonight. Glad I'm not flying this week!
Old Apr 11, 2015, 1:07 am

4/9 UA 328 HNL-DEN (N779UA) cancelled due to aircraft maintenance. Looks like this frame had issues earlier in the week with the NRT-GUM cancellations.
4/9 UA 300 SFO-HNL (N215UA) delayed 3 hours and 24 minutes due to aircraft maintenance.
4/10 UA 328 DEN-HNL cancelled due to aircraft maintenance. I believe (N779UA) was the culprit here.
4/10 UA 724 HNL-SFO cancelled due to aircraft maintenance. I think what happened here is they are short frames, so they cancelled this flight to protect the evening redeyes. They did add an extra sector later in the day UA 2080 HNL-SFO that departed at 1540.

4/10 UA 300 SFO-HNL cancelled due to equipment swap but replaced with UA 2079 (N797UA) going from 77A to a 3 cabin 777.

Looks like they are really tight with the 77A frames and when there are irrops it really throws the schedule for a loop. I guess this explains why we have seen the 744/777 show up running extra sectors. I guess when all the planes are working right on a tight schedule you look like a genius, but when one goes bust then it makes you scratch your head. From what i could tell there was one 77A (N213UA) in maintenance for the last couple weeks, but the others were 8 were running until (N779UA) had issues this week.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by kluau88

Looks like they are really tight with the 77A frames and when there are irrops it really throws the schedule for a loop. I guess this explains why we have seen the 744/777 show up running extra sectors. I guess when all the planes are working right on a tight schedule you look like a genius, but when one goes bust then it makes you scratch your head. From what i could tell there was one 77A (N213UA) in maintenance for the last couple weeks, but the others were 8 were running until (N779UA) had issues this week.

to me it seems like the 77A flights between HNL and SFO/LAX seem to cancel about as often as they actually operate. great to have some widebody service to the islands from CA, but not so great if it doesn't actually operate with any predictability. so, i'll stick with AS, who also typically has better pricing.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 3:09 pm

4/13 UA 219 ORD-HNL (N177UA) returned to gate and estimated departure delayed 7 hours 5 minutes due to aircraft maintenance. Now scheduled to arrive in HNL at 2010.

4/13 UA 218 HNL-ORD (N177UA) estimated departure is 5 hours 10 minutes late due to late inbound.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.