Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
If you need documentation of delay / cancellation for trip insurance or refunds from hotel / tour / .... operator, try this
Verification letters
Upon request, we can provide a statement of proof that a United flight was delayed or canceled. You may email your request to [email protected]. Be sure to include the names of all customers in your party, confirmation number, flight numbers and dates of travel, phone contact and the email address or mailing address where you would like it sent. Please allow 5-10 business days for processing.​
Print Wikipost

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2015]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2015, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
update

The flight was pushed back to 9:15.

But then put back to 7pm. A new crew must have been found!
Old Mar 5, 2015, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by zrs70
The flight was pushed back to 9:15.

But then put back to 7pm. A new crew must have been found!
IAD - SEA is scheduled as an A320 with the crew more then likely laying over in SEA.
SEA - LAX is scheduled as an A319 with the crew coming in from the ORD flight.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:09 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Do you think UA will shift widebodies to EWR/IAD to distribute passengers across the system due to the backlog of IRROPS from 3/4-3/5 (and possibly 3/6)?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Our 3:41P LAX-DEN flight today was delayed until at least 7:00P because the inbound plane was coming from EWR.
Official reason was "delay due to flight crew availability." We bailed on the second delay and got the last two seats on the 3:25P AA flight.

Just checked Flight Status and the flight finally departed LAX at 7:33PM. LOL.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
IAD - SEA is scheduled as an A320 with the crew more then likely laying over in SEA.
SEA - LAX is scheduled as an A319 with the crew coming in from the ORD flight.
The A320 that is coming from IAD is scheduled as UA587 (SEA-SFO). It's the originally scheduled 4pm flight now departing 5.5 hours late around 9:30pm.

The LAX flight was equipment swapped I believe. Originally pushed back to 805pm and then brought up to 700pm. Wasn't related to having two flights in the air as UA357.

-RM
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ROCAT
In general anytime an aircraft says they have an error light it is going to be treated as an emergency by ATC.
Source?

Certainly not the case for N900KN.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 10:26 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Looks like the 5:30AM or 6AM AUS with 7:52 to DFW - arrived on time
The 6:46AM had MX problems but not WX issues
The 8:27AM AUS with 10:53 AM to DFW - arrived on time
WineCountry, I couldn't believe it when I saw that! The whole city shuts down, freeway on-ramps were blocked by barriers with state troopers or local PD guarding, every school district delayed opening by two hours or closed completely, but my flight takes off on time - craziness or just dumb luck I guess.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: 1K, MM, Marriott Plat
Interesting "cancellation" and handling by UAL

Yesterday the Mrs. and I were booked on 1760 from RSW to ORD on what appeared to be a brand new 739. Booked in 1st and boarding went normal. The pilot came on multiple times to discuss a mechanical problem with the #1 engine and reverser. The plane was full of families with small children.

After 45 minutes they asked all to get off and told all in group one stay at the counter at the gate, the rest were told to go to the outside (security) ticket counter. I immediately phoned for rebooking but was put on hold, and remained on hold for the entire time it took the gate agent to rebook us. Once at the counter we were told the flight is cancelled and we could either go the next morning or take 1485 (in coach). Since we preferred to get home (and not get up at 4 AM), we opted for 1485. It took over 20 minutes to rebook just the two of us. I asked how the refund would work and her reply was "all I can do is rebook you", you will have to call UAL tomorrow to see if any refund is due-amazing.

Flight was normal and we were seated with others in the 1760 1st class cabin although the entertainment system didn't work for either of us. I pointed this out to the FA and she replied, "well it worked on the way down since we worked the previous flight" and that was that.

When we landed we spent 50 minutes at ORD in the penalty box and 15 more waiting 20 yards from the gate, waiting on ground crew.

When we went to claim bags, I noticed on the monitor that 1760 was not cancelled and actually flew. The load must have been 30-40 in total. I really felt sorry for the families that were "sent home" to make the flight the next day.

Couple of questions: How does UAL screw up this bad and in multiple ways and remain a positive company in people's minds? Am I due any compensation (I did ask but the GA insisted that since they are rebooking me at my choice none was due?

So broken plane that was cancelled but flew mostly empty; coach vs. booked first; arrived 3 hours late; 50 minutes in penalty box; 15 more minutes waiting for ground crew; 50 minutes for bags.

...I hope $misek is making the stockholders happy 'cuz he sure had two planes with unhappy customers and families left behind.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your post is confusing. I get that you were originally booked in F on 1760.

Then you were rebooked in Y on 1485.

Next you say that the flight was normal and you were seated in F on 1760.

So, which flight did you actually take and where were you seated?
Old Mar 7, 2015, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
He said that when he arrived at bag claim at destination, 1760 ended up also flying. He didn't say he was on it.

The GA's reference to rebooking you "at your choice" is probably related to offering you an F seat in the morning but you "choosing" to take a Y seat today. If you paid for the F seat, you should receive a refund of the fare difference regardless - you paid for F and ended up in Y. Be prepared for the refund not being worth much though.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 3:51 pm
Suspended

Entitled to compensation due to the downgrade to Y because of MX cancellation. If they refuse, file a complaint with the DOT.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by raehl311
He said that when he arrived at bag claim at destination, 1760 ended up also flying. He didn't say he was on it.
Originally Posted by seagar
Flight was normal and we were seated with others in the 1760 1st class cabin although the entertainment system didn't work for either of us.
My mistake.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by airplanegod
Entitled to compensation due to the downgrade to Y because of MX cancellation. If they refuse, file a complaint with the DOT.
And if they say yes, wait 10 days, check your credit card, and if your refund isn't there, file a DOT complaint. United has already been fined for not timely processing refunds.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
United Flight 1760
Status: Delayed due to Late inbound aircraft arrival (Arrived Gate 5 Hours 3 Minutes Late)

City: Chicago, IL (ORD - O'Hare)
Gate: B9
Terminal: Terminal 1, Concourse B
Scheduled Time: 5:38 p.m.
Scheduled Date: Fri., Mar. 6, 2015
Actual Time: 10:41 p.m.
Actual Date: Fri., Mar. 6, 2015

Did they fly a spare down? There were 11 upgrades on 1760, but only four open seats in Y, at least according to the seat map.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 4:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA MM Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
The OP neglected to mention flight 1760 arrived two hours after flight 1485. Flight 1760 left at approximately the same time the OP arrived in ORD. Me, I would have taken that deal all day long and on Sunday too.

OP is due a refund of any fare difference and I doubt this will be a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.