Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2015 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2015, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by BlueSky72
Too bad UA is so stingy on stocking the premium liquor. Guess I'll stick with G&Ts ☺️
Not always an answer. On my recent DCA-ORD E-175 flight with 12 F seats there were 2 gins on board.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 8:33 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by milepig
Not always an answer. On my recent DCA-ORD E-175 flight with 12 F seats there were 2 gins on board.
Aughh. Sapphire is my drink. I would be disturbed if they ran out.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 8:29 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
YEG-DEN and DEN-YEG (Edmonton)

I know this was handled according to the rules but it just seems odd not to have real food on the flight down.

YEG_DEN
Flight duration (scheduled), slightly less than 3 hours
left at 3:05 Pm
snack basket--pretty poor (but expected)
The other curious thing is that the United App showed "lunch" while the website for this flight showed no meal (which is what I was expecting)

The one curious thing is that the United App showed "lunch" while the website for this flight showed no meal (which is what I was expecting)

DEN-YEG
Flight duration (scheduled), slightly more than 3 hours
left at 7:45 Pm
two menu choices--barbequed chicken sandwich (filling is ok but bun is too much and it was dried out)
chicken salad option with side of fruit actually looked better

United App showed meal while the website for this flight showed no meal (or vice versa, can't remember now). I was expecting food and got it (well something at least--Air Canada does a much better job of food but then I don't fly UA for the food!
Old Oct 31, 2015, 1:37 pm

Programs: UAL 1k, AA Gold, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by physioprof
Aughh. Sapphire is my drink. I would be disturbed if they ran out.
Dear God! So would I. The very idea is laughable. I can just imagine having to run down the list of every alcohol type until the flight attendant finds something she actually has in stock. "Gin & Tonic? No, but I can offer you this great bottle of crappy whiskey. Which happens to be the last miniature available on today's flight. But do let me know if there's anything I can do to make your flight more comfortable" (fake smile)
Old Oct 31, 2015, 2:41 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I've been in F on a Q400 out of EWR with Mrs. Transportprof and told that the aircraft was only catered with one mini of Bailey's (for the whole round trip)!
Old Oct 31, 2015, 3:41 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by BlueSky72
Dear God! So would I. The very idea is laughable. I can just imagine having to run down the list of every alcohol type until the flight attendant finds something she actually has in stock. "Gin & Tonic? No, but I can offer you this great bottle of crappy whiskey. Which happens to be the last miniature available on today's flight. But do let me know if there's anything I can do to make your flight more comfortable" (fake smile)
Well they had enough gin on my flight but BZN-DEN they only had one can of tonic which meant not enough for my drinks!
Old Oct 31, 2015, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LGA-ORD on an E-175 tonight. 3 gins for the flight but no likes. Are we in another like drought?
Old Oct 31, 2015, 6:00 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Well they had enough gin on my flight but BZN-DEN they only had one can of tonic which meant not enough for my drinks!
I really like gin with club soda, or even bloody mary mix.

Originally Posted by milepig
LGA-ORD on an E-175 tonight. 3 gins for the flight but no likes. Are we in another like drought?
Limes?
Old Oct 31, 2015, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by physioprof
I really like gin with club soda, or even bloody mary mix.

Limes?
Typing on the El. Bounce bounce. Yes, no limes.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
UA192 SEA-DEN 10/27 Lunch
Choice of salad with chicken with the usual extremely salty mushroom soup or a cheese Burger with potato salad.
Started with ice cold nuts. Burger was stuck to the plate. Potato salad had allot of vinegar. I couldn't finish it

Dessert was just a cookie. At least it was warm.

UA223 DEN-PHL 10/27 Dinner
Dinner was either the same salad with chicken or chicken teriyaki. Got warm but burnt nuts this time. Chicken tasted like a TV dinner. Salad was ok

Then dessert was another warn cookie.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 7:09 am

Programs: UAL 1k, AA Gold, Delta Silver
Great crew on both legs of a PDX to IAD trip last night. PDBs of your choice offered both times, and service efficient and friendly. First leg was 2hrs30, and described on the app and the at the gate as "beverage only", although the snack basket made several generous rounds (I wish United would fix that glitch in the system). Second leg was just over 3 hours, so offered choice of two options for dinner.....you guessed it! Chicken or....chicken. I had the chicken paella, which had a couple pieces of chicken breast, some andouille-type sausage (not chorizo, unfortunately), and a shrimp, while the other dish looked like breaded chicken strips with plain white rice and a foil tub of mystery sauce (sorry, no pics). The paella was okay, but like a lot of the new menu dishes, it was dry and could have used a bit of sauce or something to jazz it up. Good side salad, and those weird brownie bar things for dessert (I skipped). The funniest part was watching the very efficient purser struggle valiantly to cut up the brownies in their foil pan using a plastic spatula that was bending under mild pressure, I keep waiting for it to snap in half
All in all, a good trip with the kind of service it should be possible for this airline to achieve on every flight.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA GS
Did UA cut down the food "experience" further effective today?
DEN-YYC on mainline:
Choice of Paella or San Antonio salad
Chose Paella, tasty but small, very wilted side salad
But to my surprise it was served with some rotten grapes on the side
No bread/roll
Prepackaged UX cookie on tray
No fresh baked cookie
Neighbor had the salad,
No soup, no bread, same grapes, but another bowl of fruit, same prepackaged cookie
Old Nov 2, 2015, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Sounds like FA was being lazy.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 11:48 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Sounds like FA was being lazy.
Maybe, but given so many missing items across both meal types, it sounds like a catering loading error to me.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
Did UA cut down the food "experience" further effective today?
DEN-YYC on mainline:
Choice of Paella or San Antonio salad
Chose Paella, tasty but small, very wilted side salad
But to my surprise it was served with some rotten grapes on the side
No bread/roll
Prepackaged UX cookie on tray
No fresh baked cookie
Neighbor had the salad,
No soup, no bread, same grapes, but another bowl of fruit, same prepackaged cookie
There were changes on 11/1. Was wondering if some of the shorter flight meals would get adjusted to compensate for adding meals during the prior non meal times.

Sounds like Delta - no bread on short flights. Fruit in a bowl. Packaged dessert. Looks like instead of the bag of chips UA is giving salad. See comparable Delta meal from last month:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25611170-post3510.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.