Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Limes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by salesna
An abundance of limes today at the IAH UC near c-33. My g&t came with not one but two wedges. Let the good times roll.
Watch what you say! The bartender at UC C-33 is going to get fired for that!
Old Apr 5, 2014, 10:12 am

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Diamond (no I will not use the new name), Marriott/ SPG lt Plat, JPM Reserve, Amex Plat
Of my 5 UA flights this week none had limes, I always order sparking water and prefer a lime in the glass instead of a lemon.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 10:47 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I have a lime tree at my house. If they turn out well, I will start brining them onboard! Now that I think about it, though, they haven't been great the last few years.
Air Canada doesn't cater limes on their departing international flights but they do on the international flights returning to Canada. Go figure. So, I'm in the habit of brining my own lime in a little sandwich bag wrapped up in a damp paper towel. On more than one occasion, I've shared with others!
Old Apr 5, 2014, 12:01 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
You only get the whole lime piece if you ask for it, otherwise a 1/2 line piece
Old Apr 5, 2014, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Business oppo for Shark

Hey Aaron, Jeff, I can bring 200kg of fresh limes to TUS each morning in time for shipment on the early flight to IAH. Best quality, fresh from my contacts locally and in Sonora, MEX. They are juicy, smooth, tight.

You won't pay $0.53 per lime. Much less.

Let's do a deal!
Old Apr 5, 2014, 8:42 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Elevate, AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
I remember flying on NW DTW-LAX in F around 2006, and asked for a wedge of lime with my G&T. The F/A retorted briskly, "Outta limes, Babe!" as she handed me my drink. I have to say this was indicative of the overall level of service on the flight in question.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by LaserSailor
You only get the whole lime piece if you ask for it, otherwise a 1/2 line piece
Elites get four lime pieces per 10,000 miles flown, but only on domestic flights. 1Ks get an additional six per year, usable internationally but only on W+ fares and subject to availability. On ORD-HKG forget about ever seeing a lime, even on a B fare.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: United Platinum, Chase Presidential Plus
Originally Posted by Frequent Freak
Elites get four lime pieces per 10,000 miles flown, but only on domestic flights. 1Ks get an additional six per year, usable internationally but only on W+ fares and subject to availability. On ORD-HKG forget about ever seeing a lime, even on a B fare.
^ Are we going to start seeing "Lime qualifying dollars" or LQDs?

The lime shortage has yet to hit Houston, but we can also grow our own in the city proper.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Last week sfo-dca in F no limes in either direction.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Juts had a Bloody Mary in DEN and there were TWO slices of lime as well as an olive as garnish. My fish sandwich entree also had a lime provided. This was at the Mile High Bar and Grill.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 1:12 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Boghopper
Last week sfo-dca in F no limes in either direction.
Yesterday (4/5), no limes SFO-BOS (UA286) and BOS-SFO (UA503)
Old Apr 6, 2014, 3:27 pm

On the bright side, UA isn't supporting those shady lime "dealers" in Mexico.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 3:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
Presumably, this boils down to some US import ban on lime justified by some spurious USDA excuse - I've certainly seen no signs of any lime shortage on any other continents. In fact, in Brazil, lemons are only found in higher-end stores, and sold at a very considerable premium.

Nope, bad weather in Mexico severely impacted this year's harvest.

http://kdvr.com/2014/03/31/bad-harve...lime-shortage/

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/30/op...cies.html?_r=0
Old Apr 6, 2014, 6:41 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
No limes except en route to LIM

Sounds suspiciously like an illegal lime lottery on that W fare...
Old Apr 6, 2014, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K
What about J and F?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.