Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Limes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:37 pm

Programs: United 1K & 1MM, IHG Plat Elite, Hyatt Gold, Marriott GE, Hertz 5*, National Exec
It's been hit or miss for me.
You ask for one and they say no.
Don't ask and they have them for everyone else's drink.

Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Air Houston
apparently the few available limes are also of poor quality.
According to the article in post #35, the few limes that are available are actually excellent.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 6:05 am

Programs: jetblue mosaic, spg plat/ambassador, UA GS, AA EXP
I ordered a G&T last night IAD->BOS and it came with a lemon. I chuckled to myself "oh, this is going to be a great post in the 'least substantial complaints' thread". Alas, 50 people have beaten me to the punch already. FT never disappoints.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by hiima
Exactly what I was about to say. GnTs are originally made with lemons IIRC. I --- make sure I get it with a lemon or a cucumber.
Exactly - I am a Brit - and always had/have lemon not lime. No wisecracks about me being a Limey Bas---d - though I admit the odd time I have had a lime it was rather nice.

Originally Posted by cleanfloor
-- I chuckled to myself "oh, this is going to be a great post in the 'least substantial complaints' thread". Alas, 50 people have beaten me to the punch already. FT never disappoints.
FT is certainly a gift that keeps on giving.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Apr 4, 2014 at 9:53 am Reason: merge
Old Apr 4, 2014, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I have a lime tree at my house. If they turn out well, I will start brining them onboard! Now that I think about it, though, they haven't been great the last few years.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Alaska airlines is stopping limes as well due to the shortage:

Originally Posted by stanford737
Also, in other news, apparently there is a lime shortage. The FA apologized to everyone who ordered a G&T that they'd come with lemons instead.
I bet i will have the same trouble next weekend when i order a margarita on DL. At least there will be Mai Tai's on the HNL leg
Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K, 2MM, LT RCC
Just pray there is no pineapple shortage!
Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:38 am

Programs: AADULtArer
New policy ...available only on the 787 Dreamlimer......
Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:48 am

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
First g&t on int'l leg came with lime, next two with lemons. Domestic leg ordered vodka cranberry, no fruit available at all. Imagine it's a supplier thing to some extent.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.1MM
For a moment, I thought it was a joke. But lime shortage is a real thing

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/30/op...d-species.html
Old Apr 4, 2014, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
This isn't just a UA thing; I did a double take when a very good Mexican restaurant here in San Antonio served my tacos a la parilla with a lemon wedge instead of a lime wedge earlier this week.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Presumably, this boils down to some US import ban on lime justified by some spurious USDA excuse - I've certainly seen no signs of any lime shortage on any other continents. In fact, in Brazil, lemons are only found in higher-end stores, and sold at a very considerable premium.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Here's to hoping tonight's G&t on delta will have a lime

Edit to add: PDB indeed does have the lime on DLX tonight

Last edited by PV_Premier; Apr 4, 2014 at 4:58 pm
Old Apr 4, 2014, 4:09 pm

An abundance of limes today at the IAH UC near c-33. My g&t came with not one but two wedges. Let the good times roll.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: United 1K
I just bought a lime at the store for $0.69. They cut the lime into 10 - 16 pieces each, so that is 4.4¢ - 6.9¢ per slice? Because they don't take cash or change, they should just charge each customer 10¢, then they can make 4¢ profit on every single drink!

I will sure feel like the generous one in first class when I tell everyone that I brought fresh limes....or should I just bring one, being that it can be cut into 16 pieces.

So on the trans con redeye (LAX - EWR, First or Econ), I learned bring my own pillow, blanket, coffee packet, and now lime. I am starting to worry with all this extra stuff I'm bringing, they will force me to gate check it now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.