Wiki Posts
Search

Limes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2014, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by goalie
No limes from me but lemons are annudder story as goalie-mom has a nice lemon tree chock full of Meyer lemons-which I pilfer regularly (and on occasion bring a full bag or two for the UA folks at SFO)
You bring the Meyer lemons (our tree isn't doing so well ) and I'll bring the limes. I've got a bunch lying on the ground and still on the tree in my front yard.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
but, IAD-FRA had no lemons. Seriously--the FA brought me my tea with a lime wedge in it and said something like, "close enough."
to be fair i recently received tea + lime on DL also in intl J. the difference was the FA was quite apologetic when i brought it to her attention and she quickly returned with the proper citrus. they also had orange slices available for the drinkable blue moon (JFK-SFO)
Old Apr 3, 2014, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
Originally Posted by andyh64000
United is just trying to teach you the proper way to drink a Gin and Tonic.
+1 I was taught to drink a gin and tonic with a lemon slice. I'll say UA's got it right, but even a broken clock is right twice...

I was in Baja California last week, and the restaurants are all cutting back on the limes they place on the table. They squeeze lime on everything down there.

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
they also had orange slices available for the drinkable blue moon (JFK-SFO)
Miller Man Law: Don't Fruit the Beer.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
isn't this a little late for an April Fool's prank?????????

Let's see, if they have doubled and UA has cut them, then they will save 4 billion instead of 2?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 1:27 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
http://www.sfgate.com/default/articl...es-5351492.php
Old Apr 3, 2014, 1:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by sinoflyer
Miller Man Law: Don't Fruit the Beer.
Beer Lover's Law: Don't Drink Miller.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 2:23 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
I've found the limes are pretty short at most airports...
Old Apr 3, 2014, 2:34 pm

Sure. Limes aren't a TSA matter.

Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
That's a good idea. I'm flying SEA-SFO-JFK tomorrow in biz. I assume the TSA would allow a bag of limes?
Yes.

(For HI flights, however, there'd possibly be an Ag issue.)
Old Apr 3, 2014, 4:47 pm

G&T: lemons. Vodka tonic though, limes. I learned this from pmUA!

I consider this issue nonstupid and highly substantive. If they want to save money they can switch to bottom-shelf for awhile, Skol or Popov or whatever's cheapest at Jewel. But no limes? Might as well just drink it straight.

I bet Delta's answer to this is to buy their own orchard.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
WOW, I wondered why I kept getting lemons with my Titos Tuesday....
Old Apr 3, 2014, 5:59 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Hey, Trick Dog in my regular bar... Thanks for the article. I don't regularly read the Moronicle, so don't know the local travails.

I can understand (believe it or not) cutting limes on domestic flights because UAL is catering to a budget that has been cut, not to a service level, but its rather cheesy in international J/F.

But you either are a service oriented business or a cost oriented business, UAL is cost oriented.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 6:12 pm

Question

Do you have to put your lime in your 311?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
I paid for three very expensive G&T's earlier this week (think Four Season's bar with a view) and each had not a drop of juice, so apparently the few available limes are also of poor quality. But I didn't order anything requiring a lime on my sole UA flight. (Thankfully just my second United coach experience of the year.)
Old Apr 3, 2014, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I'm traveling in time back to just after the UA bankruptcy. I was in F on a flight and there were no limes on board. Asking for one, the response was "sorry, what do you expect, we're bankrupt, no limes for you."
Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP 75K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
SFO-IAH on 4/3. No limes just lemons. The bigger offense was no pillows in F on a red eye (albeit midcon).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.