Old May 6, 2014, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Kacee
Demand compensation.
Ua515 no limes here either. Another lemon-adorned G&T
Old May 6, 2014, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Limes today on SFO-ATL! And I was even in Y!
Old May 7, 2014, 4:05 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Lime Y!!!!
Old May 7, 2014, 8:09 am

MR yesterday:

Flight #1 --- limes
Flight #2 --- lemons
Flights #3 & #4 --- limes

I don't remember which flight it was but one wedge had 2 intersecting swords and 2 mini-straws, all on one glass, if you can believe that!!! OMG !!!!!

Only partaked (G&T) on #2 & #3, but did look around for verification on #1 & #4. So 3 out of 4 had limes!

In further "Breaking News" ---
Basket passed around on #4 and was allowed as much stuff as I wanted to bring home for the kid. I did ask politely, and the answer was, "Sure"!
(3 chips & 2 triangle chocolates) ^^^^^

All f/a's were extremely professional and friendly and did not have to write anyone up, but still watching them very closely, as one can never be too sure.

75% on getting limes, while not perfect, is still better than some have reported. Next flights are in a few weeks, and if this airline doesn't get their act together by then, I'm outta here.

I agree with others, "This swapping of citrus has gotta stop", before someone gets killed, or even worse!!!
When, oh when, is this going to STOP?

Oh yeah! Almost forgot the most important part --- 6 plump juicy grapes included with the fruit on the outbound!
Old May 7, 2014, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by FTstudent
Some cause for concern here, since UA Insider posted limes would return in May. So we are in May, and ex-ORD was missing limes.

Was hoping Bring Own Lime was a temporary checklist item (as absurd it is that I do this).
Well, technically "in May" means they have until the 31st to bring them back.
Old May 8, 2014, 1:04 am

Programs: UA Prem Plat, CX MPC Silver, CI Dynasty Gold; HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG Ambassador
No lime in my Perrier? That just won't do.
Old May 8, 2014, 1:43 am

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
No limes on IAD-IAH today. I was originally told, "we have no fruit at all; would you like your gin and tonic just the way it says?" I'm no stickler when it comes to food and drink (try not to be, anyway), so I said sure, that'd be okay. Then, as I was about to take my first sip, the FA came by with a cup of lemon wedges, explaining that she had found them after all. Still no lime, but at that point it didn't matter. She tipped her cup to my glass, and two slices fell in. (The last sentence sounds kinda funny.)

Originally Posted by jazzhou
No lime in my Perrier? That just won't do.
Perrier on UA? I'm thankful just for the club soda.

Last edited by sinoflyer; May 8, 2014 at 1:49 am
Old May 8, 2014, 2:16 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Why does UA not just charge $1 a wedge for limes in FC? It is a win-win, since most in FC are on upgrades or "non-revs". Charge those in Y $2 a wedge. I'm trying to give clues on how to reach the $2B in savings.

http://www.wlrh.org/NPR-News/lime-sh...your-margarita

I heard if this lime shortage continues - cinco de mio will be cancelled next year. I guess at UA will change the calendar to reflect May 5th will no longer exist.

Come on UA. Other carriers still provide limes. I guess you still do on 50% of you flts, but are now pouring 1/2 of a mini.

Talk about cheap. I'll dream about it while sleeping on my pillow in FC. Oh - I forgot, they are also gone.
Old May 8, 2014, 6:40 am

Programs: UA-1K (3MM); AA-Gold (1MM); Marriott Lifetime Titanium
07MAY SFO-EWR UA1728 dp at 23h24 -- no limes. She asked if a lemon is okay and I agreed. My drink arrives - no lemon.
Old May 8, 2014, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by sing-along
07MAY SFO-EWR UA1728 dp at 23h24 -- no limes. She asked if a lemon is okay and I agreed. My drink arrives - no lemon.
"WHAAAAAAAT"???

Aaron did you hear this?

Sing-along tune of the day --- "Yes, we have no banana's"!
Old May 8, 2014, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
Y lime is the new CPU upgrade
Old May 9, 2014, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
UA 1090 LAX-ORD, no limes, FA asked if lemon was acceptable.
Old May 9, 2014, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1.5 million miler, SU Gold, JL Sapphire
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Talk about your First World tragedies!
I think the problem here is not the lime itself. But the lime as part of a (perceived) trend downward in service.

Take this away, take that away, chip, chip, chip and eventually you end up with a feeling of flying a cheap airline.

I remember OZ sticking a sticker in front of my seat stating they did not want to wake me up - but it was never too late, even in Y, to get food. That kind of small attention just made me smile - and somewhere, associated in my head OZ = good service.

Same thing with SQ. In Y, from BLR to SIN, I got a real pillow, real blanket and even a pouch. Food was announced on a menu. None of which actually made up for a crampy seat per se, but overall I had the feeling to still travel in style. Not sure how much a decent pillow, blanket and a amenity kit cost, $20 maybe, but what it meant to me is that it was worth paying more to get SQ than any other airlines.

And, now, I get the chance to spend more dollars, what do I do? Fly SQ J. MAA to ICN, $1,200 in J. Their seats may not be the best, but I know that service-wise, they are hard to beat. Especially at that price.

So, yeah, it is a first-world caprice. Plenty of people would like to be in our crappy Y seats. I try to remind myself of this every time I am stuck in Y. But the point is, there is competition, and in order to thrive, you should try harder than the competition. Sometimes, I feel that maybe UA may be abandoning this.
Old May 10, 2014, 11:28 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by skidooman

I think the problem here is not the lime itself. But the lime as part of a (perceived) trend downward in service.

Take this away, take that away, chip, chip, chip and eventually you end up with a feeling of flying a cheap airline.

I remember OZ sticking a sticker in front of my seat stating they did not want to wake me up - but it was never too late, even in Y, to get food. That kind of small attention just made me smile - and somewhere, associated in my head OZ = good service.

Same thing with SQ. In Y, from BLR to SIN, I got a real pillow, real blanket and even a pouch. Food was announced on a menu. None of which actually made up for a crampy seat per se, but overall I had the feeling to still travel in style. Not sure how much a decent pillow, blanket and a amenity kit cost, $20 maybe, but what it meant to me is that it was worth paying more to get SQ than any other airlines.

And, now, I get the chance to spend more dollars, what do I do? Fly SQ J. MAA to ICN, $1,200 in J. Their seats may not be the best, but I know that service-wise, they are hard to beat. Especially at that price.

So, yeah, it is a first-world caprice. Plenty of people would like to be in our crappy Y seats. I try to remind myself of this every time I am stuck in Y. But the point is, there is competition, and in order to thrive, you should try harder than the competition. Sometimes, I feel that maybe UA may be abandoning this.
Very well said! ^
Old May 10, 2014, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA-1K (3MM); AA-Gold (1MM); Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by sing-along

Originally Posted by LilAbner
"WHAAAAAAAT"???

Aaron did you hear this?

Sing-along tune of the day --- "Yes, we have no banana's"!

My post was to demonstrate two points. UA continues not purchase limes and the lack of attention to details when she asked if a lemon was okay, I respond yes, and she then bring the drink back with no lemon.

I agree completely what kikwoodj and outlined. It is the continued reduction of service. IMO it is the spiraling downwards of the airline. To stem the 6/10th of a billion dollars UA lost last quarter it reduces service while its competitors offer more.

For example, the 06h00 departure from YVR to SFO no longer offers breakfast anymore. UA used to offer full breakfast for any flights over 750 miles and this is no longer the case. So when I pay for a premium cabin why should I fly the UA operated flight at 06h00? I have to get to the airport by 04h30 to pre-clear US immigration.

So now what I do now is I fly on UA codeshare flight operated by AC at 08h00. I will be served breakfast and I don't have to get up as early. Not sure what the revenue split is between AC and UA however suffice to say UA is no longer receiving 100% of my revenue as they did before.

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.