Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2014 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2014, 9:01 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by Kurt
Agreed; this menu is completely "tone deaf." A big slab of bread with cheese and chicken on it is offered with another piece of bread. Just clueless.
haven't they been serving the chicken bouquet for over a year now?

pathetic
Old Mar 26, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
If they had a clue, they would serve something like this along with the chicken "bouquet," "calzone" or whatever it is called:

Or any number of other veggie-based salads could work. But the creativity level is zero, so no-go (not to mention the extra few cents it would add to the bottom line).
Old Mar 26, 2014, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hertz Pres, Avis Pres, Marriott Platinum
Chicken wrap on United is changed (For the worse)

The chicken wrap on United used to be one of the best meals in domestic first. Unfortunately they got rid of the tasty Ailoi sauce and are now using a "hot" sauce. Besides the fact that the hot sauce is very watery and hard to eat on the wrap without getting it all over - it also has no taste besides "hot". Hopefully if enough people complain United will change back to the old Ailoi sauce.

(And yes this might seem minor to some of you, however if you fly often and eat your lunch/dinner on the plane having a decent condiment is the only thing making the food United serves palatable).
Old Mar 26, 2014, 6:52 pm

Programs: United Gold
Mmmmm. I love that sauce! It made the chicken wrap edible.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
Originally Posted by Kurt
It comes and goes; other times the snack plate is this "southwestern" version with chicken (this was ORD-SAN last September).

I'm taking Amtrak DEN-ORD-WAS-BWI in August; coming back BWI-CLT-DEN on US. Kind of excited!
I had this Tuesday EWR TPA at 1:40pm. But we didnt' get the salt and pepper, they said that was cut. They did rummage one up for me in Y. Fantastic crew on the new 737-900 with no Wifi, or TV. The crew was so good, I didnt even notice. Wish they all be this enthusiastic, and eager to serve.

This tray wasn't all that bad, barring the salt/pepper. And the sad lack of even a piece of chocolate. It's really pathetic just how cheap UA is in first catering. This dish only needed a "little" more to make it rather enjoyable.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 7:05 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by JerseyCityS
I had this Tuesday EWR TPA at 1:40pm. But we didnt' get the salt and pepper, they said that was cut. They did rummage one up for me in Y. Fantastic crew on the new 737-900 with no Wifi, or TV. The crew was so good, I didnt even notice. Wish they all be this enthusiastic, and eager to serve.

This tray wasn't all that bad, barring the salt/pepper. And the sad lack of even a piece of chocolate. It's really pathetic just how cheap UA is in first catering. This dish only needed a "little" more to make it rather enjoyable.
Am I missing something? I see the salt and pepper packet on the tray.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by JerseyCityS

I wish people would quit saying this or that has "been cut" based on a one-time occurrence. A couple of weeks ago someone said the sundaes were cut. I had two last Friday. Now it's salt and pepper? Next week you'll be saying "it's back".

Is the appetizer gone in domestic F? Usually smoked salmon or miniscule shrimp? I usually saw it on dinner flights west coast to Hawaii. I want to confirm it's gone with others over a period of time before I say it's gone. I don't recall a piece of chocolate for years, except for the Tolberones in the snack baskets..
Old Mar 26, 2014, 7:20 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
That's a "quoted" photo, not their own.

That southwest chicken snack is decent but I haven't seen it in awhile. Don't tell me they actually do rotate items in/out
Here recently I've getting the chicken nugget dough ball (calzone) about 70% of the time. The 7-11 Burrito also seems to be missing.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 7:22 pm

Programs: MP,MR Silver,Avis
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
That picture wasn't posted by the user who said he didn't get salt and pepper.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 7:32 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by steve64
That's a "quoted" photo, not their own.

That southwest chicken snack is decent but I haven't seen it in awhile. Don't tell me they actually do rotate items in/out
Here recently I've getting the chicken nugget dough ball (calzone) about 70% of the time. The 7-11 Burrito also seems to be missing.
Originally Posted by GregMM
That picture wasn't posted by the user who said he didn't get salt and pepper.
Oops. Sorry!
Old Mar 26, 2014, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
TPA-EWR tonight...5:30pm flight, blocked close to 3 hours...and *this* is the "healthier" option (not interested in the burger). Not only is it pathetic...the plastic bowl is oh so classy.

Good thing I supplemented w/my own food.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 8:27 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
If you look upthread, this is the exact same setup I had on TPA-CLE last week. The plastic dish is definitely a new 'addition'. I figured it was a one off mistake that day but I guess I am wrong. If the food is double catered at EWR/IAH/etc are they going for weight savings by using the plastic tray?
Old Mar 27, 2014, 9:38 am

Programs: AC*A
IAD-SEA 752 F
Dinner with "Refreshments"

Choice of Pasta or Beef for Main, Green Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette and Sundaes.

My family and I all ordered the pasta, which was quite excellent with lots of veggies and just enough tomato sauce. Suffice to say we were not hungry when the refreshment basket came around. (I'll edit the post with a photo in a bit)

Refreshment Basket had Twix Bars, Chips and some other things I couldn't recognize.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Doesn't the plastic tray cost more than dumping it on the plate? In a few years, we will probably no longer see any food in domestic first except for JFK-LAX-SFO
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:00 am

Programs: UA 1MM Premier Gold, DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriot Rewards Gold
Salt & Pepper for Breakfast

Not sure if this was discussed in the past, but I have to take it off my chest: Why for the love of mike, does UA keep on adding S&P to each breakfast tray, even when the tray consists of fruit, yogurt and Cheerios with Milk? I would assume that by not serving those in meals that DO NOT need S&P, UA can easily save a few hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

like I said - had to get it off my chest...

R

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.