Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2014 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2014, 10:55 am

Iah-lim

I'm flying from houston to Lima next month in businessfirst, what can I expect for my dinner options? I fly united domestic first often, but this will be my first international haul on united. Please tell me it will be better than the domestic scrap...I dont even like the cheeseburger, and typically find the soup bland. Thanks.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 12:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Greenghost
I'm flying from houston to Lima next month in businessfirst, what can I expect for my dinner options? I fly united domestic first often, but this will be my first international haul on united. Please tell me it will be better than the domestic scrap...I dont even like the cheeseburger, and typically find the soup bland. Thanks.
I recommend Pappadeaux in the E terminal at IAH.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 12:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by Greenghost
If you like seafood, I would recommend any of the recent offerings - yes, it's airline food - but quite good! I would avoid the pasta, as it is usually bland. The meat dishes are somewhere in the middle. ok, but not great. Note that food offerings are often region- or route- specific. My experience is mostly TATL.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by boss315
Look at this and you'll never fly UA again:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...lidated-6.html

Most of the food looks half way appetizing!
Most of AA's catering clearly shows that the airline put some thought behind it. 90% of the time I'm extremely satisfied with what AA serves me... the exceptions being some chicken entrees that have odd breading and seasoning from time to time. Overall, AA's catering is miles ahead of UA's and even something as simple as the glassware is nicer.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 11:23 am
Company Representative, United Airlines

Hi everyone,

Today we announced some new premium cabin dining updates that you will begin to see when flying with us:

New gluten-free choices: On March 1 we will be transitioning to gluten-free salad dressing on all North and Central America flights. Our soups are already gluten-free, making for an entirely gluten-free meal option on flights where both soup and salad are served. These gluten-free options will be available in the long-haul premium cabins departing the United States this summer.
Transition to Greek yogurt: As some of you have already noticed, we are replacing regular yogurt with Greek yogurt on breakfast flights departing the United States throughout North and Central America.

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager - Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
Old Feb 27, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: United 1K
How about a meaningful enhancement to premium cabin dining UA Insider? Changing regular to gluten free dressing (I notice this will also occur in all Global First) and change to Greek Yogurt. While you've been putting effort in putting effort in upgrading the economy meals for purchase, I still endure the same few pathetic meals in domestic first (and international Business) as I have been for year. They are old and not becoming of a premium cabin!
Old Feb 27, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
ORD-MCO

Lunch: cheeseburger or grilled chicken salad, both with chicken enchilada soup and chocolate chip cookie. The soup was spicy and tasty. The salad could have used more chicken, but at least it was something I could eat.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Today we announced some new premium cabin dining updates that you will begin to see when flying with us:

New gluten-free choices: On March 1 we will be transitioning to gluten-free salad dressing on all North and Central America flights. Our soups are already gluten-free, making for an entirely gluten-free meal option on flights where both soup and salad are served. These gluten-free options will be available in the long-haul premium cabins departing the United States this summer.
Transition to Greek yogurt: As some of you have already noticed, we are replacing regular yogurt with Greek yogurt on breakfast flights departing the United States throughout North and Central America.

Aaron Goldberg
United Airlines
classifying this as an update is epic funny
Old Feb 27, 2014, 12:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Who can't use a good laugh at UA's expense each day???
Old Feb 27, 2014, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
LOL I was just thinking the same thing.

For the briefest of moments, thought they were going to be announcing a real menu rotation, ala economy Buy on Board.

Nope, swing and a miss.

Lucy pulled the football away again.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_6 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B651 Safari/9537.53)

Lol thats an "update?" Please.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Hi everyone,

• New gluten-free choices: On March 1 we will be transitioning to gluten-free salad dressing on all North and Central America flights. Our soups are already gluten-free, making for an entirely gluten-free meal option on flights where both soup and salad are served. These gluten-free options will be available in the long-haul premium cabins departing the United States this summer.
• Transition to Greek yogurt: As some of you have already noticed, we are replacing regular yogurt with Greek yogurt on breakfast flights departing the United States throughout North and Central America.

Aaron Goldberg
United Airlines
wow. Gluten free dressing? what an enhancement!

as an up-thread poster mentioned, would be nice if the salads actually had a bit more chicken (and were more generally available). since they are at least better than some of the other slop they mistake for first class fare.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 3:12 pm

Aaron,

Rather than this mickey mouse greek yoghurt enhancement , why not just give up on premium class meals and let the punters have access to economy buy on board choices for free?
Old Feb 27, 2014, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Originally Posted by ozflier
Aaron,

Rather than this mickey mouse greek yoghurt enhancement , why not just give up on premium class meals and let the punters have access to economy buy on board choices for free?
I have a feeling the BOB is more costly than the Chicken Wrap/Burrito/Enchilada and soup thing they offer.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 4:11 pm

Programs: DL DM+5MM, AAGold MM, UA 1K+2MM, BA GGL,LH Senator, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, HY Plat
SRQ ORD in F had a choice of cheeseburger or salad with chicken. No soup offered, but a warm roll with butter with both choices. Warm cookie post lunch

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.