Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2014 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2014, 7:04 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rankourabu
I flew 2 of United's longest domestic flights this week.
And from the food department, boy did it suck.

Seriously UA - this is how bad your first class has gotten??
Dont even get me started on the wine.
Even the MaiTai seemed different - cheaper.

Crews seemed a bit embarrassed to work with this kind of garbage food on a 10/9 hour flight in first class.

Flying DL F next week to Hawaii, I hope its different.
I hear you! It was similarly sucky in December.

The Mai Tai has been 'enhanced' for over a year now to a pre-mix that comes out of a split, like CO's Margarita. It used to be that UA stocked a bottle of dark rum, plus the needed mix-ins and the FA's produced a fresh Mai Tai, but that all ended once the merger was consummated.
Old May 10, 2014, 7:42 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D201 Safari/9537.53)

ewr-hnl departs around 9:20-9:30 am and is given breakfast just because its a "domestic" flight. Youd think due to length this could be given Lunch, but nope.
Old May 10, 2014, 8:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Starbucks Gold
SFO-ATL yesterday.

You've seen this breakfast a thousand times, but $2 billion in cuts has brought one more new "enhancement": this tray is served with an empty glass to remind you of better times past.

(My seat mate had the cereal, and his glass was full of milk for the cereal.)
Old May 10, 2014, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Even the MaiTai seemed different - cheaper.
They are. They suck now.

UA temporarily even cut dinner service on the late flights to the east coast, serving a snack instead. Thankfully, they've brought back dinner, as nasty as the beef hoison is.

Such a sad, sad example of how far UA has fallen.

For example, a link to my blog showing meal service on CO (and UA) from Los Angeles to Honolulu in the months before the merger...we've lost out big time.

or the old menu
http://upgrd.com/images/upload/image...X-HNL-MENU.jpg
Old May 10, 2014, 10:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
They are. They suck now.

UA temporarily even cut dinner service on the late flights to the east coast, serving a snack instead. Thankfully, they've brought back dinner, as nasty as the beef hoison is.

Such a sad, sad example of how far UA has fallen.

For example, a link to my blog showing meal service on CO (and UA) from Los Angeles to Honolulu in the months before the merger...we've lost out big time.

or the old menu
http://upgrd.com/images/upload/image...X-HNL-MENU.jpg
Is that LOBSTER? My how times have change.

I'm about to book SFO-HKG and actually feeling kind of queasy at the thought of what UA's likely to feed us.
Old May 10, 2014, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
Is that LOBSTER? My how times have change.

I'm about to book SFO-HKG and actually feeling kind of queasy at the thought of what UA's likely to feed us.
Jeff Burger with a side of pop chips!?
Old May 11, 2014, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Jeff Burger with a side of pop chips!?
Are Pop Chips still being served? Lately the snack basket has had some kind of kettle chips on my flights.
Old May 11, 2014, 5:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM, HH Diamond
4 May 2014
UA 2062 BOS-ORD B752 (Equipment change from 738, then 739)
1730 Departure - Dinner
Nuts, Choice of pasta or beef, chocolate chip cookie

8 May 2014
UA 1164 ORD-BOS B739
2130 Departure - Refreshments
Nuts, Choice of shrimp salad or chicken warp both served with onion soup, white chocolate cranberry cookie
Old May 11, 2014, 9:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Are Pop Chips still being served? Lately the snack basket has had some kind of kettle chips on my flights.
Cape Cod "low-fat" on my last several flights.
Old May 12, 2014, 5:35 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
OK, now I'm really confused.

I'm booked on YEG-IAH in late June, a 1517 departure on A319 and meal is "dinner" on a 4h26m flight. I'm also booked on AUA-IAD in early August, a later departure at 1550 on B739 and meal is "lunch" on 4h30m flight.

What am I missing here?
Old May 12, 2014, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by puls
SFO-ATL yesterday.

You've seen this breakfast a thousand times, but $2 billion in cuts has brought one more new "enhancement": this tray is served with an empty glass to remind you of better times past.

(My seat mate had the cereal, and his glass was full of milk for the cereal.)
Have they cut out the Greek yogurt already and gone with this nasty Upstate Farms stuff?
Old May 12, 2014, 8:06 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Another change....

I reported this in the PS thread but on exHawaii and PS flights departing after 8PM that used to receive dinner now will be snack flights.

There were also some changes domestically where breakfast was being served longer, meaning up until 959AM, and that a snack will replace lunch/dinner on flights from 130PM to 330PM.

Although in my opinion sometimes the snack was a better alternative to the burrito/calzone/etc.
Old May 12, 2014, 8:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by qukslvr619
I reported this in the PS thread but on exHawaii and PS flights departing after 8PM that used to receive dinner now will be snack flights.

There were also some changes domestically where breakfast was being served longer, meaning up until 959AM, and that a snack will replace lunch/dinner on flights from 130PM to 330PM.

Although in my opinion sometimes the snack was a better alternative to the burrito/calzone/etc.
Sure enough, a quick check on United.com confirms the 8:29pm departure to LAX is now coded as a snack. While a bit sad about this change, I do know PMUA used to always have this as a snack (usually deli plate) flight, so can't be too upset. I guess the take rate for a full dinner at that hour might've been too low to justify the catering cost.
Old May 12, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
When did EWR-SFO lose the menus, the app, and the 3 choices? I flew today. No menus. Pasta or Steak. No seafood appetizer. Just a small salad. The cutbacks are pretty apparent.
Old May 12, 2014, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by EWRFlyerAL
When did EWR-SFO lose the menus, the app, and the 3 choices? I flew today. No menus. Pasta or Steak. No seafood appetizer. Just a small salad. The cutbacks are pretty apparent.
Around March of this year:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-impacted.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.