Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread.
The active thread is What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew?
Thanks, United forum Moderators.
Print Wikipost

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2017, 12:03 am

MIA-NRT
HNL-SYD
IAH-ANC

the keyword is is "wish"
Old Mar 12, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Wyfind
Would like to see flights to India from SFO: BOM/MAA/BLR
Think there are range issues with flights that aren't SFO-DEL, IIRC. Certainly would make lots of sense otherwise (IMO).
Old Mar 12, 2017, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Eric J Rickenbach
Would be nice if UA added flights to EWR. We have no NYC-area flights out of MDT on any airline (UA, AA, DL), and it would be nicer for Europe trips.
I ace a wedding out in the area this summer that, were the price right and there was a non-stop, I would definitely prefer flying EWR-MDT. But probably hard to justify when you can take a 3-hour Amtrak for $40/person...
Old Mar 12, 2017, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Defendem
I would just like to humbly ask for mainline service back at FAT
Yep. Also IAD-PSP, which ain't never gonna happen.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 9:02 am

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Still would like direct service to Middle East
IAD-KWI-DOH
IAD-DXB

Shame that UA got rid of these routes and now I fly on LH thru FRA or UA-Swiss thru Zurich.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: United 100K, Etihad Gold, Marriot Platinum, Hilton Gold
I agree, I really likes the IAD-KWI-BAH flight. I used to head to Bahrain every 3 months or so, and it looks like a new project is heating up there so I'll be going there a lot again. This is especially frustrating with Oscar's latest complaint about the ME3 causing unfair competition, yet we don't even fly to the mideast!

Now if I want to take star alliance I have to do a transfer at Istanbul then arrive at 4 in the morning, or go Frankfurt - somewhere in saudi - bahrain flight that gets you in at midnight. The united flight would arrive 5 - 7, so we could get off and have a good dinner before getting a good sleep before working the next day.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Originally Posted by DA201
For comparison, TLV has about the same O&D from IAD/DCA/BWI as SVO, RUH, CPH, and GVA, all of which have nonstop flights from IAD. Also, El Al used to fly nonstop BWI-TLV.
El Al is looking at starting an IAD-TLV flight, according to an MWAA meeting document that got posted by mistake in October.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: UA Gold + 1MM; HHonors Gold; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by PaulMCO
Still would like direct service to Middle East
IAD-KWI-DOH
IAD-DXB

Shame that UA got rid of these routes and now I fly on LH thru FRA or UA-Swiss thru Zurich.
+1 on IAD-DXB. Now I have to go thru FRA and burn two GPUs . DXB was also a great transit point to go to South and South-East Asia via EK or other *A airlines.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: Delta Gold, United MM, Marriott Gold
I miss the NRT-BKK service. The BKK-based crew provided excellent service. I'd love for United to bring that one back.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Plat
Originally Posted by r_pad
I miss the NRT-BKK service. The BKK-based crew provided excellent service. I'd love for United to bring that one back.
I'd settle for ANYTHING-BKK... The *A connection options right now all hugely suck -- either in timing, hard product, or both.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: TK *G, Spirit Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Chase SR
More NIGHT FLIGHTS from Europe to EWR.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by safra1
More NIGHT FLIGHTS from Europe to EWR.
That's going to be tough to swing - UA doesn't want airplanes from the redeyes to sit all day at the airports in Europe. The only airport where there are "late" departures are from LHR. I will agree with the sentiment, but there's a reason that partner flights from the same airport (e.g. LH from FRA-EWR, LX from ZRH-EWR) tend to leave later...
Old Mar 14, 2017, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
That's going to be tough to swing - UA doesn't want airplanes from the redeyes to sit all day at the airports in Europe. The only airport where there are "late" departures are from LHR. I will agree with the sentiment, but there's a reason that partner flights from the same airport (e.g. LH from FRA-EWR, LX from ZRH-EWR) tend to leave later...
5pm FRA-IAD
5:25pm FRA-SFO

Those are mostly as good as it gets, but they are indeed nice flights
Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
MBS-PBI

Yes, I know that is an odd request but it is a route I need to fly next month. I wouldn't even mind if they just try the route and then cancel it after I fly.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Think there are range issues with flights that aren't SFO-DEL, IIRC. Certainly would make lots of sense otherwise (IMO).
SFO-DEL-7706 miles (so within 777 range)
SFO-BOM - 8406 miles (outside 777 range, ut within 787 range (compare SFO-SIN - 8446 miles)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.