Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread.
The active thread is What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew?
Thanks, United forum Moderators.
Print Wikipost

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by DA201
More seasonal flights from EWR. Maybe VCE, NCE, AGP in the summer and CPT, ASE, CUR in the winter.
Re: CPT. Just not sure the US-CPT business fares are there. JNB itself only pulls 2 non-stops + 1 direct from the US.

With the 787 now, "any" long haul is possible I reckon. Would love this as our EMEA accounting is based in CPT. Ease of access would make it so easy to pop over
Old Jan 24, 2017, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL/UA
NRT-MNL. But i dont mind flying with ANA codeshare .
Old Jan 24, 2017, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by truncated
What does Curacao have to do with Venezuela? I think you're thinking Caracas (CCS)
Yep, my bad...fried brain after a long day of work and all that jazz...
Old Mar 11, 2017, 2:43 pm

TLV Expansion

When I first heard EWR-TLV was getting the Polaris product, it pretty much confirmed me how well that route was actually doing which is no surprise. Don't know how well the SFO flight does but my guess its pretty strong I have often wondered why UA does not have a flight from IAD? I mean the connections are obvious and would think it would do really well. I know when AA had the PHL flight it didn't quite workout but I feel like IAD would be a slam dunk. I am surprised I have never heard any chatter about this. I know there are security logistics that would need to be implemented with this flight as a a challenge but other than that don't see why they couldnt fill a 777 and charge really high fares.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Not enough O&D? My guess is that EWR/NYC has more O&D for TLV than IAD/WAS would. Adding IAD would partly cannibalize traffic on EWR-TLV, too.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
I know when AA had the PHL flight it didn't quite workout...
The US flight from PHL seemingly did fine, it got pulled Post-merger, likely do to other reasons - mostly that TWA, which got acquired by AA, had some still unsettled legal issues after their pullout, and AA were afraid of having AA planes repossessed as part of that dispute.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA GS/MM, Marriott TE, National EE, Global Entry/TSA-Pre, APEC BTC
I always wanted SFO to MUC and they just finally added it so seeing the routing gods are looking favorably down on me, I'll go ahead and ask for an even longer shot (SFO to BNE).
Old Mar 11, 2017, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
I would just like to humbly ask for mainline service back at FAT
Old Mar 11, 2017, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Defendem
I would just like to humbly ask for mainline service back at FAT
Mainline service back at DAY would be a win for me. I will settle for restoring BKK to the network, though.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
MDT <-> EWR

Would be nice if UA added flights to EWR. We have no NYC-area flights out of MDT on any airline (UA, AA, DL), and it would be nicer for Europe trips.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 8:31 pm

Would like to see flights to India from SFO: BOM/MAA/BLR
Old Mar 11, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA Million Mile, Mileage Plus Premier 1K, SkyMiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
When I first heard EWR-TLV was getting the Polaris product, it pretty much confirmed me how well that route was actually doing which is no surprise. Don't know how well the SFO flight does but my guess its pretty strong I have often wondered why UA does not have a flight from IAD? I mean the connections are obvious and would think it would do really well. I know when AA had the PHL flight it didn't quite workout but I feel like IAD would be a slam dunk. I am surprised I have never heard any chatter about this. I know there are security logistics that would need to be implemented with this flight as a a challenge but other than that don't see why they couldnt fill a 777 and charge really high fares.
For comparison, TLV has about the same O&D from IAD/DCA/BWI as SVO, RUH, CPH, and GVA, all of which have nonstop flights from IAD. Also, El Al used to fly nonstop BWI-TLV.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
IAH-GVA please
Old Mar 11, 2017, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
DEN-LHR, did it seasonally before the merger and then cancelled. BA then up-gauged from a 772 to a 744.

I would also love to see a IAD/ORD-TXL flight, I try to avoid EWR like the plague.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: United
DEN -LHR, so I can go EWR -DEN -LHR and finally get a full night sleep on my way to London 😀

EWR - SIN so I can see how much sleep is possible on a single flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.