Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread.
The active thread is What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew?
Thanks, United forum Moderators.
Print Wikipost

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:58 am
GDL

Programs: VB, UA, AM
Guadalajara, Mexico to both LAX and SFO. Wish they would at least run an EMB or CR7 once daily.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: UA 1MM, MP 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I got my wish with the resumption of DEN-LHR next spring.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by FlyfromDenver
I got my wish with the resumption of DEN-LHR next spring.
I would love if UA took over the DEN-FRA from LH on the JV, maybe allowing LH to open up another US city.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:16 pm

EWR- YYC
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: GS, 3 MM, Hilton Diamond
Boston to any city in the EU -
Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
IAD-SE ASIA

Would love IAD-SIN or IAD-HKG or IAD-ICN or IAD-TPE.

And how about a UA helo ride from IAD to DCA or downtown DC while we're at it.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, MP 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by N104UA
I would love if UA took over the DEN-FRA from LH on the JV, maybe allowing LH to open up another US city.
LH flies to both FRA and MUC nonstop from Denver - does that make a difference ?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by FlyfromDenver
LH flies to both FRA and MUC nonstop from Denver - does that make a difference ?
That is why I said take over the DEN-FRA from LH in the JV. It does make a difference as LH is very stingy with award space on that flight until a few days out, in addition award space on UA is less miles.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by 100% Green
IAD-SE ASIA

Would love IAD-SIN or IAD-HKG or IAD-ICN or IAD-TPE.

And how about a UA helo ride from IAD to DCA or downtown DC while we're at it.
UA has basically given up on ICN as they have inconvenient east coast to ICN connections at SFO with the 10:50am departure, and they are downgrading it from a 744 to a 789. UA doesn't have an a/c that can fly to SIN from anywhere other than the US West Coast, TPE is probably not viable as neither CA nor BR fly that route and I would imagine them to fly it first. HKG could be plausible if UA had an extra slot in HKG (which they might have with the cancelation of HKG-SIN) although the flight times might not be great.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Not immediately clear where LH would go...perhaps AUS, MSY or LAS...perhaps RDU...but they couldn't make either PHX or PDX work and they've saturated many of the other important business and leisure markets already. Will be interesting to see how SAN works for them.

Back on the topic of UA, I wonder if they'll be back in CEC and some Denver markets soon now that PenAir is in Chapter 11 and looking for relief valves on their EAS obligations. Personally I think OOdbaDL will pick up CEC from SEA, but maybe OOdbaUA will run it again from SFO.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LT Plat
+1
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:09 pm

Would love RDU to MCO.
So, trying Delta next week for the first time in years.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
UA has basically given up on ICN as they have inconvenient east coast to ICN connections at SFO with the 10:50am departure, and they are downgrading it from a 744 to a 789. UA doesn't have an a/c that can fly to SIN from anywhere other than the US West Coast, TPE is probably not viable as neither CA nor BR fly that route and I would imagine them to fly it first. HKG could be plausible if UA had an extra slot in HKG (which they might have with the cancelation of HKG-SIN) although the flight times might not be great.
Great rundown.

Does UA have any a/c purchases planned in the future that will be able to compete with the SQ NYC-SIN direct flight?

For TPE, CA & BR both fly direct from NYC, but UA not in play from the east coast. Would love to see IAD-TPE.

Will have to keep hoping UA gives IAD-HKG a shot. The EWR-HKG flight is always full.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by 100% Green
Great rundown.

Does UA have any a/c purchases planned in the future that will be able to compete with the SQ NYC-SIN direct flight?

For TPE, CA & BR both fly direct from NYC, but UA not in play from the east coast. Would love to see IAD-TPE.

Will have to keep hoping UA gives IAD-HKG a shot. The EWR-HKG flight is always full.
UA doesn't have anything on order that can fly East Coast-SIN (no airline has anything in there fleet that can) unless they go with a A350LR and modify some orders but I highly doubt they will, SQ couldn't make a profit with the A340 and I doubt UA could either.

UA has a JV with NH, allowing them to funnel anyone one stop to TPE from all of their hubs (or via SFO on UA from most cities in the USA), I don't know what the O&D for IAD-TPE is but I bet it is not high enough to sustain a flight without significant connections and it is better for UA to put those pax on the NH JV.

The biggest issue at HKG is the slots, so it would depend on the slots they had or that they can buy, the HKG-SIN flight left in the late evening and returned in the morning so maybe UA could time the IAD flight with a morning arrival and midnight departure, but then they would have a plane on the ground at HKG all day. Although this would make the most sense for a new IAD route of the traffic is there vs just going IAD-EWR/ORD-HKG
Old Aug 9, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
I would like to see more IAD to the Caribbean.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.