Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread.
The active thread is What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew?
Thanks, United forum Moderators.
Print Wikipost

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: United 100K, Etihad Gold, Marriot Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
The current JV J fares to BUD are pretty attractive. $29xx SFO-BUD. Can route that via FRA on the UA 77W or ZRH on the LX 77W. The Hungarian government must be subsidizing this fare (been around for months), even though they are not supposed to.
Not sure, Budapest doesn't seem like a premium heavy market, for example AC is flying the Rouge 767 with no J class. Economy seats are also really cheap, I booked a flight maybe 4 days out and got it for $900. I've seen flights for around $450 round trip lately connecting with AC.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA Million Mile, Mileage Plus Premier 1K, SkyMiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by steveo
Not sure, Budapest doesn't seem like a premium heavy market, for example AC is flying the Rouge 767 with no J class. Economy seats are also really cheap, I booked a flight maybe 4 days out and got it for $900. I've seen flights for around $450 round trip lately connecting with AC.
Budapest isn't really a premium market, but you can't judge its fares by what Rouge is offering. Rouge is a low cost airlines that will have low fares anywhere, no matter how premium the destination. BUD would be great for a seasonal EWR flight.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
With the recent additions of SFO-SIN and SFO-TLV I am pretty satisfied with the current international lineup. SFO-FCO would be nice but no *A partner to feed there (though this seems to work just fine for SYD)

Would be nice if UA could add back hub flights from OAK where WN is making a killing, but this doesn't seem to fit into the current strategy of feeding international connections. Maybe there is a fear of cannibalizing SFO though that doesn't seem to be the case for WN.

Originally Posted by exerda
As much as I want them to resume service to BKK, I don't believe it's all that lucrative. They might be able to make a thin route from the US work (SFO-BKK), but the prior tag from NRT was loaded with discount pax.
+1 There is very little business travel to BKK anymore as the financial and manufacturing centres are elsewhere in Asia. And of course those locations (NRT,HKG,SIN) offer numerous *A connections in addition to significant O/D paid business class travel. If you look at a map of Fortune 500 (and Euro 50) regional HQ you will not find many Bangkok locations.

Last edited by Boraxo; Aug 27, 2017 at 4:18 pm
Old Aug 27, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Boraxo
With the recent additions of SFO-SIN and SFO-TLV I am pretty satisfied with the current international lineup. SFO-FCO would be nice but no *A partner to feed there (though this seems to work just fine for SYD)
Maybe SFO-FCO as a summer seasonal route down the road?
Old Aug 27, 2017, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Maybe SFO-FCO as a summer seasonal route down the road?
Oh, absolutely! That'll work. It should be done very well. Let make it happen.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by Taipei
This link:

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiw.../24/2003677089

Seems to imply that UA is thinking of Taiwan / NYC flight ? I guess EWR to TPE or KHH?
Please let this happen. Can't even book BR on 016 ticket stock, and hate to give those PQD away.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
SLC-GVA

Yes, I know this about as likely as me losing 50 pounds by Thanksgiving, but this is a thread for wishes, not just predictions.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:13 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Air Houston
SLC-GVA

Yes, I know this about as likely as me losing 50 pounds by Thanksgiving, but this is a thread for wishes, not just predictions.
If we are going for wishes, then:
DEN-LYR
DEN-AMS
DEN-TXL
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:58 pm

I know it's been discussed before and unlikely to happen, but here's a chance for IAH-ICN

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/korea...d-website.html
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:16 pm

SFO-MAD/BCN
SFO-BRU (The ORD connection was a nice addition)
Old Sep 16, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
With UA's latest additions, I think it's clear that there's a lot of thought going into seasonal expansions, as opposed to year-round offerings. Some ones that I would like to see...

-EWR-VIE (I know OS runs this route multiple times a week, but with their retrofitting to downgrade the size of J, and with it becoming harder to get saver awards, it would be nice if UA also ran the route)
-EWR-DBV (Dubrovnik is becoming a big tourist destination, and airport's runway can handle longhaul planes)
-EWR-CPT (not sure they really have the aircraft at this point to do this - but CPT is lower elevation than JNB)
-ORD-KEF (if EWR-KEF works out, I think an sCO 752 has the range to do the flight from ORD, even though I know ORD isn't really a base for them...)
-EWR-RAK
-SFO-BRU (more options for *A connections, the merrier...)

Last edited by PsiFighter37; Sep 16, 2017 at 3:40 pm
Old Sep 16, 2017, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
IAH-FCO
Old Sep 16, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Would be nice if UA could add back hub flights from OAK
Totally agree. Relatedly, frustrating to see United's "Nonstopify" billboard in Oakland at the foot of the Bay Bridge.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA (Silver), WN
STL non-stop to FRA/STR/MUC/HAM
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
IDA-LAX

Idaho Falls - LAX

Non-Stop

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.