Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread.
The active thread is What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew?
Thanks, United forum Moderators.
Print Wikipost

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by flyjfk
SFO/LAX - Eastern Europe (ATH, IST, DBV)... really need competition with TK from the west coast
I could see IST, given it's a major hub, although given current situation in Turkey that seems unlikely.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
I'd love CLE-TRV. Just sayin'
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drewguy
I could see IST, given it's a major hub, although given current situation in Turkey that seems unlikely.
IST was tried before but very short-lived.
Agree with you though, it would be a welcome addition.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by flybit
I have a simple ask, CAN United fly its OWN metal from its HUBS instead of making customers suffer AC? AC has 8 return flights a day from SFO/LAX to YYZ ( toronto) and at least 3 are widebodys
Totally agree that YYZ-SFO is a major gap for UA to not have service. Fares are generally high on this route with plenty of premium cabin demand and I'd expect a lot of interest in a UA option. UA could also pick up some connecting passengers on some of their flights out of SFO where AC doesn't offer service (SIN, AKL, PPT).
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: UA LT GS | UA LT Club | Marriott LT Titanium
I'm convinced there is collusion on SFO-YYZ, FRA, MUC. United agrees to not fly (or barely fly) these routes, so fares remain very high. There must be some quid pro quo where LH and AC don't cannibalise some highly profitable UA routes.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spartacusmcfly
I'm convinced there is collusion on SFO-YYZ, FRA, MUC. United agrees to not fly (or barely fly) these routes, so fares remain very high. There must be some quid pro quo where LH and AC don't cannibalise some highly profitable UA routes.
SFO-FRA/SFO-MUC are part of the joint venture with LH. It's (legal) collusion.
I don't recall whether or not the transborder JV got approved or not, so I don't know about SFO-YYZ.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spartacusmcfly
United agrees to not fly (or barely fly) these routes, so fares remain very high. There must be some quid pro quo where LH and AC don't cannibalise some highly profitable UA routes.
Originally Posted by jsloan
SFO-FRA/SFO-MUC are part of the joint venture with LH. It's (legal) collusion.
Tell, tell: LAX-FRA/MUC comes to mind with some 20 weekly flights on LH - none on UA !!!
Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Now we have hard evidence that UA cannot make LAX-SIN and LAX-HKG (tried and failed mutiple times in the past 2 decades) work, hope people don’t keep pounding on these two dead routes for awhile.

Will UA 787-9 able to make SIN work from ORD and EWR or IAD-HKG?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Will UA 787-9 able to make SIN work from ORD and EWR or IAD-HKG?
SIN-LAX: 8,770 miles
SIN-ORD: 9.357 miles
SIN-EWR: 9,534 miles

IAD-HKG 8,153 miles

So, I'd say, "no, no, and yes*" with the question being whether or not there's enough demand for IAD-HKG now that CX is / will be flying it.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
I want a flight to LUX, don‘t care if it originates in IAD or EWR as long as it connects to Florida routes

one can always dream...
Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA LT GS | UA LT Club | Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by jsloan
SIN-LAX: 8,770 miles
SIN-ORD: 9.357 miles
SIN-EWR: 9,534 miles

IAD-HKG 8,153 miles

So, I'd say, "no, no, and yes*" with the question being whether or not there's enough demand for IAD-HKG now that CX is / will be flying it.
Once the 787-10s show up, they'll handle many of the Europe routes. That'll free up several 789s and 77Ws for new exotic ultra long-haul destinations. None of the ones you propose, for various reasons, but many others.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA GS
Posting my annual wish for IAD-PVR!

UA has flights from every other hub (SFO/DEN/IAH/ORD/EWR), but no IAD, and the timing of the IAH/ORD/EWR flights don't line up with reasonable connections to IAD/DCA.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Las Vegas to Maui. Simple connection to OGG from UA's mid-continent and eastern hubs. Blatant self-interest guides this idea. I think a 753 can do it(?). People could book one-week vacations w/ a couple of days in LV and rest on Maui. Gives Maui residents a non-stop to LAS vs going through HNL to/from.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: papa card, UA 1K
The Routes that always spring to my mind are USA - JNB and BKK. Neither are going to happen
Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ermintrude
The Routes that always spring to my mind are USA - JNB and BKK. Neither are going to happen
I could see EWR-CPT as a winter seasonal now that UA is opening a 787 pilot base at EWR. Probably not realistic until 2020 at the earliest...but that would be fantastic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.