Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread.
The active thread is What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew?
Thanks, United forum Moderators.
Print Wikipost

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes. JFK and ORD. An LO mini hub at BUD.
Cool to know as I plan on going back to BUD next summer for my 4th trip. Would like to try out LOT but never really made any sense now being on the West Coast. SJC-ORD-BUD if the times worked could be great.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Having flown Air Asia, let's just say that we have a significant difference of opinion here.
I'll agree with you on that.
I also flew NOK last year and the only thing it had going for it were the uniforms and bird nose plane.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Cool to know as I plan on going back to BUD next summer for my 4th trip. Would like to try out LOT but never really made any sense now being on the West Coast. SJC-ORD-BUD if the times worked could be great.
I love the idea of a non-stop to BUD as well...but I've always avoided LOT since I've always had other, presumably better options, and not wanting to connect in Warsaw. I'll definitely consider them in the future.

I'd be surprised if UA grows much in Europe, as long as they have FRA work as basically a hub for them via LH.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 2:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
The current JV J fares to BUD are pretty attractive. $29xx SFO-BUD. Can route that via FRA on the UA 77W or ZRH on the LX 77W. The Hungarian government must be subsidizing this fare (been around for months), even though they are not supposed to.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Taipei
This link:

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiw.../24/2003677089

Seems to imply that UA is thinking of Taiwan / NYC flight ? I guess EWR to TPE or KHH?
Surprised to hear that UA is looking at additional capacity to TPE. I would be a fan of EWR-TPE, although it'd better be with a 77W - the old sCO is no match for BR's 77Ws flying JFK-TPE.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
South Africa will be nice.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
South Africa will be nice.
^
Old Aug 26, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
There are rumors around for quite a while that UA would take over LH's EWR-DUS and add another new route to DUS to rotate the plane at DUS. However with he AB-bancrupcy and a high likelyhood that LH will take over AB's longhaul-operations from DUS, I do not see any room for UA there...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Aug 26, 2017, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djohannw
There are rumors around for quite a while that UA would take over LH's EWR-DUS and add another new route to DUS to rotate the plane at DUS. However with he AB-bancrupcy and a high likelyhood that LH will take over AB's longhaul-operations from DUS, I do not see any room for UA there...

Greetings - Dirk
Reminds me of the DUS-ORD way back ..... and the great DUS DOs, incl the case of Altbier as carry-on by a fellow FTer
Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:45 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Moderator note.

To provide more timely and easier-to-follow threads on this topic, we have created a new thread for this topic, starting with posts of January 2016.

For research purposes, the pre-2016 posts are available here:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ec-2015-a.html

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Aug 26, 2017 at 4:21 pm Reason: Uodate members on thread maintenance.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:02 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by porciuscato
Why would they add international routes? They can't compete, unless they have a total lock on a hub and its closest alternatives.

Mostly we see them backing away from what should be lucrative routes like BKK and AKL. The problem is that United is a fat lazy monopoly and other airlines eat their lunch when they try to swim in the big pond.
As much as I want them to resume service to BKK, I don't believe it's all that lucrative. They might be able to make a thin route from the US work (SFO-BKK), but the prior tag from NRT was loaded with discount pax.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Return EWR-STR, there's plenty of business demand. Add SFO/ORD/EWR-Moscow, especially with the World Cup coming next summer. Sign an agreement with Aeroflot for domestic connections to the rest of Russia.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 12:01 pm

My choice would be for LAX-FRA.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Kacee
The current JV J fares to BUD are pretty attractive. $29xx SFO-BUD. Can route that via FRA on the UA 77W or ZRH on the LX 77W. The Hungarian government must be subsidizing this fare (been around for months), even though they are not supposed to.
I don't know about a subsidy—$31xx SFO-BOM, also books into P.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Exleftseat
My choice would be for LAX-FRA.
This is covered in the LH JV, if UA did add another from FRA, it would be LAX, but with UA preferring SFO to LAX I don't see this happening.

Originally Posted by zeer0
Return EWR-STR, there's plenty of business demand. Add SFO/ORD/EWR-Moscow, especially with the World Cup coming next summer. Sign an agreement with Aeroflot for domestic connections to the rest of Russia.
STR might work but I don't think it would be profitable with a 767 or 787. IIRC they cancelled this as the 757 was diverting to BGR too often and the German Government was telling UA with the number of planned fuel stops UA could face sanctions for calling it a non-stop. If UA were to bring back STR, I think IAD would be the better candidate due to the number of military bases near STR.

UA tried Moscow and it was cancelled right after the merger, with the current state of the Russian economy and the sanctions on Russia this won't happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.