Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread.
The active thread is What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew?
Thanks, United forum Moderators.
Print Wikipost

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2016, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Originally Posted by zrs70
It used to be that the iAd-Lhr morning flight was actually the continuation of ORD-iAd (same flight number, different aircraft).
Earlier this year the IAD-LHR morning flight time changed by 30 minutes (went from ~9:20 to ~8:50) which meant that the 6am ORD-IAD departure no longer worked (though it was always a tight connection).
Old Jul 21, 2016, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by EWR764
More mainline EWR-IAD... we are seeing 1-2 mainline jets on weekdays now, which is long overdue, but we need more. The Dash Trash are always full and are therefore useless as a reroute possibility in the event of IRROPS.
Agree, and I also like to see more frequencies between IAD and LGA instead of just two daily flights in each direction.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 1:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, *G
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
They probably won't because Vietnam Airlines will eventually open these routes with the new aircraft they are getting.
You think so? Any ETA on that? This will absolutely cause me to switch off of UA and *A and move to Sky Team if direct SFO-HAN flights ever come to pass.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 1:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by seasiaflyer
You think so? Any ETA on that? This will absolutely cause me to switch off of UA and *A and move to Sky Team if direct SFO-HAN flights ever come to pass.
Not sure but check out the orders Viet Air keeps placing on the A350s, 787s etc.

IF they begin NA expansion you and I know the first destinations will be the coasts. LAX/SFO/JFK .
Old Jul 23, 2016, 5:37 pm

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Bring back DXB

PBI to IAD. More choices rather than going to EWR.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:27 pm

Programs: United Platinum
EWR - SJC.

CO used to fly this route once a day but UA axed it after the merger. SJC is 10 minutes from my house, SFO 45.

It's the difference between taking Lyft/Uber vs taking the train or driving and paying to park :/
Old Jul 23, 2016, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by Kryssa
EWR - SJC.

CO used to fly this route once a day but UA axed it after the merger. SJC is 10 minutes from my house, SFO 45.

It's the difference between taking Lyft/Uber vs taking the train or driving and paying to park :/
+1

I'd love to see some lie-flats on this one too
Old Jul 23, 2016, 8:06 pm

I wish I could fly to SNA, SFO, and HKG all from HPN
Not realistic. But I wish they flew those
Old Jul 23, 2016, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Not sure but check out the orders Viet Air keeps placing on the A350s, 787s etc.

IF they begin NA expansion you and I know the first destinations will be the coasts. LAX/SFO/JFK .
Given the Vietnamese population in Houston, I wouldn't be surprised if IAH is VN's first non-California destination once they come to the US.

OTOH, the Houstonian Vietnamese are mostly from South Vietnam...
Old Jul 23, 2016, 8:41 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
LAX - ASE non stop ALL YEAR and not just seasonal
Old Jul 23, 2016, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jp12687
I wish I could fly to SNA, SFO, and HKG all from HPN
Not realistic. But I wish they flew those
But you can get to all 3 in one stop if you do the HPN-ORD hop.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
But you can get to all 3 in one stop if you do the HPN-ORD hop.
I don't want to connect and don't want to fly ORD-HKG as they use the super sucky planes with 2-4-2 business
Also limited UA flights out of HPN in general.
And this is a wish,it's thread. That's my wish. Direct service from HPN for all places I go
Old Jul 23, 2016, 9:36 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jp12687
.... And this is a wish,it's thread. That's my wish. Direct service from HPN for all places I go
You best make a wish to your airport commission first. With 6,550' runaway (and another under 4,500') HPN isn't going to handle an transoceanic (and some transcon) aircraft as the runways are too short..
Old Jul 24, 2016, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
You best make a wish to your airport commission first. With 6,550' runaway (and another under 4,500') HPN isn't going to handle an transoceanic (and some transcon) aircraft as the runways are too short..
a man can dream
Old Jul 24, 2016, 11:37 am

Programs: UA Million Mile, Mileage Plus Premier 1K, SkyMiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by Kryssa
EWR - SJC.

Maybe it will return so UA can compete with the newly announced AS SJC-EWR service?

My current most want (which usually changes based on my upcoming travel) are more EWR ULH flights. More specifically, EWR-HYD/CPT/JNB. Another Indian destination may be more realistic than people think. UA does so well on EWR-DEL/BOM that it may think another Indian destination is worth a shot. Also, found a list online a couple months ago (can't remember where it was) and saw that HYD-DXB-JFK was one of EK's largest routes in terms of number of passengers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.