Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What did you spend (revenue) on another airline that UA would have normally received?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What did you spend (revenue) on another airline that UA would have normally received?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2012, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
$3500 for two tix to Europe in June 2013. Upgraded at booking with AA SWUs.
No W-fare lottery.

This trip would have been on UA in any of the preceding 27 years.

Dave
Old Aug 7, 2012, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
We have 24 of them combined over three EXP-matchers...and since my in-laws are in HKG they probably won't be using theirs anytime soon
OT. This is the exact scenario I was worried might happen. If you and others deploy SWUs in those kinds of numbers, we existing EXPs will almost certainly notice a difference.

Signed: AAExPlat who is having to wait to requal at 100k before requesting to apply SWUs to a ticketed itin for next year.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 1:16 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by AAExPlat
OT. This is the exact scenario I was worried might happen. If you and others deploy SWUs in those kinds of numbers, we existing EXPs will almost certainly notice a difference.

Signed: AAExPlat who is having to wait to requal at 100k before requesting to apply SWUs to a ticketed itin for next year.
Maybe this is the right time to change your screen name to AAExExPlat

(I obviously know what your screen name says but my GF was playing around lurking on FT last night and we were talking about Screen Names (she hates mine). She liked yours but thought it meant Ex Platinum (as in "Used to be" Platinum. Had to explain it. Yes she's blonde
Old Aug 7, 2012, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Sorry man! At least 1) it's over come February 28, 2) I'm wasting on domestic trips, and not stealing your int'l upgrades, and 3) it's on a route where there are like 15 mainline flights daily
Old Aug 7, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
$7800 on SQ to HKG in J. Didn't even bother to look at UA. Always took them in the past and paid J for an upgrade to GF. Still haven't heard from them since I sent an email July 4 regarding a cxl int'l flight where I paid $6000 to be in J. That plus all their cancellations (including my last trip back from HKG on them--what a joke at HKG trying to reaccom a full 747) and I didn't even consider them. Sad.

Hopefully they'll get the message when they see my AC, LX, LH and SQ flights start showing up in my MP account. And that doesn't include two paid J trips on BA they won't even know about.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Sorry man! At least 1) it's over come February 28, 2) I'm wasting on domestic trips, and not stealing your int'l upgrades, and 3) it's on a route where there are like 15 mainline flights daily
True dat! No need to be sorry btw...it's AA who I think was a bit trigger happy in the beginning...nothing I can do about it though...wondering how low they will go with the challenge requirement to requal as we get later into the year....they'll probably just give I away through 2/2014...

Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
$7800 on SQ to HKG in J. Didn't even bother to look at UA. Always took them in the past and paid J for an upgrade to GF. Still haven't heard from them since I sent an email July 4 regarding a cxl int'l flight where I paid $6000 to be in J. That plus all their cancellations (including my last trip back from HKG on them--what a joke at HKG trying to reaccom a full 747) and I didn't even consider them. Sad.

Hopefully they'll get the message when they see my AC, LX, LH and SQ flights start showing up in my MP account. And that doesn't include two paid J trips on BA they won't even know about.
You probably already know, but flying LH or LX TATL will net them the same amount of revenue as you flying on UA metal due to the ATI/JV...

Last edited by iluv2fly; Aug 7, 2012 at 7:03 pm Reason: merge
Old Aug 7, 2012, 6:38 pm

Programs: DL DM
You probably already know, but flying LH or LX TATL will net them the same amount of revenue as you flying on UA metal due to the ATI/JV...
LMFAO!

This entire thread is pathetic. Again...by just stating what you are doing online isn't going to send any message to UA. ANYONE can type ANYTHING online. If you aren't sending receipts AND used boarding passes, you aren't doing anything but stroking your own ego (or your profile's ego - because we know that not everyone tells the truth online - that's why UA would NEVER listen to any of this).
Old Aug 7, 2012, 7:34 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer, US Air DM, VelocityRewards, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by bubbashow
LMFAO!

This entire thread is pathetic. Again...by just stating what you are doing online isn't going to send any message to UA. ANYONE can type ANYTHING online. If you aren't sending receipts AND used boarding passes, you aren't doing anything but stroking your own ego (or your profile's ego - because we know that not everyone tells the truth online - that's why UA would NEVER listen to any of this).
So you think the UA lurkers aren't sneaking a peek at this thread. It managed to draw you in!
Old Aug 7, 2012, 7:44 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz Prez; Former UA GS
Yesterday: $600 A fare LGA-DTW, $2600 JFK-LHR Z (S) fare. Delta.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; UA 1K
$3700 discount Biz fare ORD-PEK RT
$500 discount econ. ORD-SFO RT
Looking at ORD-BKK (AA to NRT, codeshare with JA to BKK) -- 5.5k
Old Aug 8, 2012, 3:27 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
LMFAO!

Even when you THEY SEE IT / YOU DO IT, they don't care. 4-5 years ago I would have had at least 24 TPAC or TATL flights on UA in A class. That changed even before the merger (not as drastically but still).....they could see that 16 out of those 24 flights went to SQ and they never contacted me. Not once. When I switched from BA to UA 12 years ago, they didn't stop bothering me with calls and offers wanting to know where my business went. The UA Sales Mgr in Dubai has done more on his own to try to get my DXB-USA business away from EK in the last 3 months (which he will never get), then all of UA has done in the last 5 years to try to get back my TATL and TPAC business (which they can SEE on MP has gone to SQ)
Old Aug 8, 2012, 5:22 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
(which they can SEE on MP has gone to SQ)
They just figured you were doing the smart thing
Old Aug 8, 2012, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
LMFAO!

Great! I CC'd $misek with the receipts of $2k I spent on AA and DL on Mon after UA cancelled my flight
Old Aug 8, 2012, 7:25 am

Programs: Premier Executive, Continental Platinum, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Velocity Gold, Alaskan MPV Gold.
Star Sliver here

And because we can't get e+ before the day of departure we have given up on UA. Just got 2 tickets in E+ on BA for a work trip at $1,800 each going to LHR at the end of this month. Having the miles post to my AA account.

I have absolutely no loyalty to United anymore and know of at least five others who feel the same way and only have used other airlines in the last year, even when it means having to change planes.

One more thing, we know a couple of United FA's and will usually get treated with free wine and such in economy but even that is no longer a selling point with all the other downsides recently.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ckc123
One more thing, we know a couple of United FA's and will usually get treated with free wine and such in economy but even that is no longer a selling point with all the other downsides recently.
The CO-style manifests have no info about Y pax. So unless if F you're just another kettle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.