Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What did you spend (revenue) on another airline that UA would have normally received?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What did you spend (revenue) on another airline that UA would have normally received?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2012, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
$7000 on AC in J SFO-YVR-SYD RT in July.
Old May 24, 2012, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MM, AMEX Plat, Hertz 1, SPG Plat
Weekly flights from IAH - MSY - IAH now being done on WN.

I'd prefer to be with UA.
Old May 24, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Exec Plat, SPG Plat
Flew AA for first time in 5+ years this week SFO-AUS for $580. UA was $700+ for a CRJ. With status match I was upgraded 3/4 segments (only missed DFW-AUS). Posting this in-flight DFW-SFO cuz they actually have wifi!
Old May 24, 2012, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Platinum
$400 ticket SFO-LAX on Virgin America. This will repeat frequently!
Old May 24, 2012, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Thanks for all the posts guys, keep them coming. Make posting here part of your booking process. As soon as you book a ticket on another carrier, please put here what you bought, and who got the money....
Old May 24, 2012, 8:04 pm

Programs: MVP
one way first ticket Bos-lax (not direct)
Old May 24, 2012, 8:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
hah funnily enough right when i was looking to try out AA, i was looking at trips to LAX, CVG and LAS from EWR/LGA/JFK and for my times AA was the same if not 15-30% more than UA's fares were.

"just as i thought i was out... they pull me back in..."

but hey, that's what i decided my flying patterns would be now. the lowest bidder is getting my business. i'm realigning my loyalty to my savings account. for personal trips, at least.
Old May 24, 2012, 9:06 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Send your receipts to UA. Posts like this show no practical purpose. You could all be mal-adjusted 400 lb high schoolers creatively writing in your parents basement.

NO lurker would take anything posted here seriously because there is no way to verify it.

I could post I took $18000 from an F class ticket to SYD and gave it to QF. I didn't. I could post it.

Nonsense.
100% true and not the first time I have heard this. Even more power if you have attached the cancelled UA itinerary with an identical one you have rebooked on another carrier.
Old May 24, 2012, 9:08 pm

PDX - BNE QF Prem Econ - $3,800

PDX - MSP DL $820 non-stop versus cx in DEN on UA*

PDX - SNA AS $360 non-stop versus cx in SFO on UA

*Will be doing this trip bi-weekly from Jul - Sep and the DL non-stop will save a lot of time by NOT going thru DEN so figure 800 * 6
Old May 24, 2012, 9:30 pm

Programs: Lawl COVID
2x SFO-SEA on AS (AA): $520
2x SFO-FRA in C (AA): $6200
1x FRA-LAS (AA): $1800
2x SFO-JFK (AA): $1180
Old May 25, 2012, 1:35 am

Programs: UA Global Services
What did you spend today on another airline that UA would have normally received?

Man....something tells me that AA and US will have a bait and switch coming in the next 12-18 months. Perhaps AA is using this to prop their bankrupt financials to get the highest dollar offer before they are sold. Next thing you know...they screw all their elites and mess up the integration.

Some may call it window dressing. Others may call it a pig with lipstick.
Old May 25, 2012, 1:56 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM / AA PP, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ROBEAR
Man....something tells me that AA and US will have a bait and switch coming in the next 12-18 months. Perhaps AA is using this to prop their bankrupt financials to get the highest dollar offer before they are sold. Next thing you know...they screw all their elites and mess up the integration.

Some may call it window dressing. Others may call it a pig with lipstick.
Whether my opinion is based on logic or just fantasy, IF the AA/US merger happens, I hope that they learn about the clustercluck that COdbaUA initiated. If the numbers show a mass exodus from UA, as I am hoping they do, the execs at AA/US would have to be exponentially stupider than UA/CO to repeat their ridiculous decisions. Again this would be based on the revenue #s dropping like a rock on UA as I (we at FT) are predicting by all the 'high value' FF'ers moving to AA and other airlines.
Old May 25, 2012, 5:23 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
PHL to SDF today on US rather than EWR to SDF on UA because it is a lot cheaper and I don't have to watch $misek's lying face.....
Old May 25, 2012, 6:53 am

Money not spent

I didn't renew my United Club membership.

Not much but a start.
Old May 25, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA-1P
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
God did the sale tempt me. In the end I'm doing AA/BA next week, but I really did take a long, hard look at the VS fares.
Yeah this was me grabbing that sweet VS sale fare, so the cost was only about $2K not $6K. There was a similar UAL deal at the time though, not sure who was matching who there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.