Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything you want to know about 737-900 (739)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Everything you want to know about 737-900 (739)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2021, 2:46 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
The flat type of air vents have always been weak. The nozzle type is a lot better.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Am I reading this correctly? Versions 1,2+3 have the hard wall in front of 7F -- only the Max has the extra legroom under 5F?
Old Mar 8, 2022, 9:28 pm

How does UA come up with 17x10x9?

I thought a luggage would be safe as underseat-eligible, as long as it was within 18" x 14" x 8".
Then I saw that UA's max is 17" x 10" x 9"! I assume 10" is the width, but I cannot think of any economy seat on any aircraft where the underseat leg room width is 10".

Are there UA seats with underseat width that narrow? If not, in reality what can I safely assume to be the narrowest underseat width on any UA aircraft?
Thinking about buying a 16" x 14" x 8" bag and I want to make sure I won't have any issues sitting in an aisle seat with it.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Hey all, my first max flight for 5+ hour flight so seat is paramount on this one. Which seat has the best legroom + recline? Would that be exit row 21 or row 7? or something else. Row 7 looked nice from what I saw but wasn't sure if that was the best or there was something better. Thanks!
Old Apr 8, 2022, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyingrohit
Hey all, my first max flight for 5+ hour flight so seat is paramount on this one. Which seat has the best legroom + recline? Would that be exit row 21 or row 7? or something else. Row 7 looked nice from what I saw but wasn't sure if that was the best or there was something better. Thanks!
Row 7 legroom is good, but it gets the lav outwash.

Row 21 is fine for legs.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
Row 7 legroom is good, but it gets the lav outwash.

Row 21 is fine for legs.
Gotcha thanks! And I'll likely be at the window, so can one easily get up and not make others get up at row 7? And row 21 for that matter? I know some of the bulkheads on other planes I've been able to do that but just want to be sure. I was recently diagnosed with thrombophlebitis so I want to keep moving around every now and then as best I can without making people get up. Thanks again for the info.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 1:29 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
Gotcha thanks! And I'll likely be at the window, so can one easily get up and not make others get up at row 7? And row 21 for that matter? I know some of the bulkheads on other planes I've been able to do that but just want to be sure. I was recently diagnosed with thrombophlebitis so I want to keep moving around every now and then as best I can without making people get up. Thanks again for the info.
In this case, you want an aisle seat not a window. There are no windows seats you can escape from without asking others to get up.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
In this case, you want an aisle seat not a window. There are no windows seats you can escape from without asking others to get up.
Ok gotcha thanks very much for that info, that's good to know. I would 100% take an aisle but this isn't just a work flight for me. I bought my very very old grandmother a ticket on the same flight to visit some relatives on the other coast so I absolutely want to give her the aisle over myself. Ideally a C and a D seat would be great for both but on the day that I'm flying, all aisles are already taken except for the D seat I've chosen for my grandmother and the F seat I've put myself in.
Old May 2, 2022, 5:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
UA.com seatmap shows the Max 9's seat 34F as limited or no recline. Seatguru and this wiki don't. Does anyone know if it has limited recline?
Old May 20, 2022, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Does anyone recall if 1B has the small foot cutout on the 737-900? I tried searching, but there seems to be some conflicting (possibly outdated) information regarding 1B.

-FlyerBeek
Old May 20, 2022, 5:02 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Yes, the 737-900 has the bulkhead cutout under 1A/B
FlyerBeek likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:41 am

Which version am I on? The Wiki shows only the first one has 38 rows, but no row 14. My seat map (DFW-SFO) shows 38 rows AND a row 14.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by chavala
Which version am I on? The Wiki shows only the first one has 38 rows, but no row 14. My seat map (DFW-SFO) shows 38 rows AND a row 14.
Can you see how many rows of E+ there are? Also, how far out is the flight? Sometimes they have placeholder seat maps if it is a long ways out. I always try to book in the first few rows of E+ on this type or on the right side to avoid the missing window issues.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
Can you see how many rows of E+ there are? Also, how far out is the flight? Sometimes they have placeholder seat maps if it is a long ways out. I always try to book in the first few rows of E+ on this type or on the right side to avoid the missing window issues.
E+ is through Row 11. Row 14 thru Row 28 is preferred (although not positive since Row 29 and beyond are already taken)
There is no Row 12.
Flight is in just under a month away.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by diburning
Yes, the 737-900 has the bulkhead cutout under 1A/B
The 739 I was on a couple of days ago SFO-KOA had no cutouts at either 1A or 1B

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.