Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything you want to know about 737-900 (739)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Everything you want to know about 737-900 (739)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2021, 7:21 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Yes the seats are narrower back there.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 11:13 am
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Row 14 on 737 MAX 9

Hi. I've been assigned seat 14C on a 737 MAX 9 plane and when looking at the seat map I found it odd that the left side seats are classified as "preferred" while the right side ones are "economy plus." Am I right to assume that the left side has the same pitch as "economy plus" since they looked to be aligned with the same row?
Old Feb 22, 2021, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aw
Hi. I've been assigned seat 14C on a 737 MAX 9 plane and when looking at the seat map I found it odd that the left side seats are classified as "preferred" while the right side ones are "economy plus." Am I right to assume that the left side has the same pitch as "economy plus" since they looked to be aligned with the same row?
img
That's not a safe assumption. The seat map is not proportional in its schematic representation.

I haven't been on this aircraft, but I would guess that the lav at row 7 creates an offset on the ABC side of the plane, and rows 14/15 are where they adjust pitch to get the exit rows properly aligned.
SPN Lifer, rmadisonwi and drewguy like this.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 12:30 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Due to the lavatory in Row 7 (where ABC) would be, UA needed to squeeze the rows and 14ABC are E- spacing, not E+
Old Apr 20, 2021, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by woodardhsd

737-900 seat map
1. Rows 12 (left) and 14 (left and right) are the ones that have missing windows? Therefore, a row 11 assignment will have a window.
2. Row 12 doesn’t display in the assignable seat maps upon booking but does become available for assignment T-48 or so? The row doesn’t display prior as the different configurations have different seat types for row 12 ( eg, all E+, no E+, some E+)?

Last edited by SFO_FT; Apr 20, 2021 at 2:10 pm
Old May 4, 2021, 5:24 pm

Location: out my front door 60 min prior to IAH flight until they increased the check in time to 45 min
Programs: CO Platinum or UA 1K for so long, now almost 2MM
B39M question

Seat 11F has a window but 11A does not. I thought the plane would be symmetrical. Inquiring minds want to know before we touch down.
Old May 4, 2021, 6:07 pm

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
Originally Posted by arisaa
Seat 11F has a window but 11A does not. I thought the plane would be symmetrical. Inquiring minds want to know before we touch down.
Due to extra lavatory at the front of the main cabin, the rows don't line up perfectly.
SPN Lifer and artvandalay like this.
Old May 5, 2021, 7:01 pm

Location: out my front door 60 min prior to IAH flight until they increased the check in time to 45 min
Programs: CO Platinum or UA 1K for so long, now almost 2MM
Originally Posted by LarryJ
Due to extra lavatory at the front of the main cabin, the rows don't line up perfectly.
Never mind the row numbers, the physical location on the right hand side had a window while the same physical location on the left side did not have a window. I can't think why both sides are not symmetrical. Yes, there is a toilet on the left side. I am ignorant as to whether the toilet would somehow affect the structure.
Old May 6, 2021, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by arisaa
Never mind the row numbers, the physical location on the right hand side had a window while the same physical location on the left side did not have a window. I can't think why both sides are not symmetrical. Yes, there is a toilet on the left side. I am ignorant as to whether the toilet would somehow affect the structure.
Not related to the toilet per se, but isn't there a wiring conduit that runs through there?
Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:44 am

So what is the real situation with the windows on the left side of the plane? The version I am scheduled on is the one where Row 12 ABC is E+ but DEF is not. (Version 3?)
Does 12A have no window at all, or is it just mis-aligned?
Old Jun 14, 2021, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by whlinder
So what is the real situation with the windows on the left side of the plane? The version I am scheduled on is the one where Row 12 ABC is E+ but DEF is not. (Version 3?)
Does 12A have no window at all, or is it just mis-aligned?
Seems like the wiki version numbers are out of date from UA's currently assigned ones:
https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...t/737-900.html

That (12ABC E+ / 12DEF E-) currently seems to be v1 on the UA site above (20F/42E+/117E-). For that one it is missing windows at 11a, 12a and 12f.
whlinder likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 11:48 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
"Where to sit" thread for 737 Max?

Is there a "Where to sit" thread for the 737 Max? Didn't see one in the wiki list, and there appear to be some notable differences between seatguru and the seatmap on the UA website (e.g. E+ vs E- rows).
Old Jul 29, 2021, 11:54 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
There are multiple 739 configurations and the MAX is just the same as one of them. MAX is more about engines and controls then seating.

And a standard warning about SeatGuru, it is badly outdated for many aircraft,
Old Jul 29, 2021, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
There are multiple 739 configurations and the MAX is just the same as one of them. MAX is more about engines and controls then seating.

And a standard warning about SeatGuru, it is badly outdated for many aircraft,
Thank you. Good grief, I'm an aero engineer, pilot, and work with Boeing and airlines on pilot training. And apparently also an idiot with a temporary brain lapse that forgot MAX is -900!
iluv2fly likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 11:43 am

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Any one noticed the overhead air vent is very weak? Perhaps it was just the aircraft I rode today. Max 9, # 7523

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.