Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything you want to know about 737-900 (739)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Everything you want to know about 737-900 (739)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2022, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Question, I have an IAD-LAX flight coming up in a few weeks and right now I have 21A, the second exit row. 7F is also available. Should I stay put in 21A or move up to 7F? I believe there is a cut out for 7F but how bothersome is the lav being this is the window seat for this row? Thanks.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by Longboater
Question, I have an IAD-LAX flight coming up in a few weeks and right now I have 21A, the second exit row. 7F is also available. Should I stay put in 21A or move up to 7F? I believe there is a cut out for 7F but how bothersome is the lav being this is the window seat for this row? Thanks.
Personally I think the lav is far enough away when you're in the window that it's not an issue. Yes, people will come and go from it, but it's not like a portapotty.

So whatever other tiebreakers you'd want to apply should guide you - you are choosing between two of the best window seats on the plane (21F is other)
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by drewguy
Personally I think the lav is far enough away when you're in the window that it's not an issue. Yes, people will come and go from it, but it's not like a portapotty.

So whatever other tiebreakers you'd want to apply should guide you - you are choosing between two of the best window seats on the plane (21F is other)
Agreed. For me, if connecting, then 21A/F; if a stand alone flight, or last (arrival) flight of the day/night, then 7F for quicker deplane.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Agreed. For me, if connecting, then 21A/F; if a stand alone flight, or last (arrival) flight of the day/night, then 7F for quicker deplane.
Originally Posted by drewguy

Thanks to you both for the recommendations. I am going to select 7F for this flight as it gets in at 9 pm LAX time and I really will want to deboard ASAP so I can get to my hotel and get some rest. I have more 737-900ER flying in my future and I have 21F on a couple of future flights but I am a person who likes looking out the window and also prefer deplaning quickly so it is a try to see which I prefer.
drewguy and Repooc17 like this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: Free Agent, Any Status is Accidental
Based on some pics I've seen, is my observation correct that the original 737-900 MAX (no PTVs) has just the half divider at row 7 (meaning row 7 D/E/F can place bags under the F seats and have extra leg room), whereas the 'NEXT' (with PTV) 737-9MAX has a full ceiling-to-floor divider bulkhead at row 7?
Old Aug 13, 2022, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Apparently the Boeing 737 MAX 9 will be used for my SFO-YVR flight. Which side will have the better view? A or F seats?
Old Aug 13, 2022, 4:58 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
That depends on which direction they're landing on depending on winds. If they're landing westbound (over the land), either side is fine because the views aren't anything special.

If they're landing eastbound (over the ocean), then it would depend on how they route the flights. If you're arriving during a less busy period, you might just follow the coast, head slightly west over the ocean and land. The right side (F) would be better in this case. If it's busy, they will route you north over the land on the east side of the airport, turn you left slightly north of the airport, and then turn you back around to land. The left side (A) would be better in this case.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by diburning
That depends on which direction they're landing on depending on winds. If they're landing westbound (over the land), either side is fine because the views aren't anything special.

If they're landing eastbound (over the ocean), then it would depend on how they route the flights. If you're arriving during a less busy period, you might just follow the coast, head slightly west over the ocean and land. The right side (F) would be better in this case. If it's busy, they will route you north over the land on the east side of the airport, turn you left slightly north of the airport, and then turn you back around to land. The left side (A) would be better in this case.
Damn, I had no idea it was totally random. I guess I'll just pick a window seat and be prepared to be surprised.

Last edited by lsquare; Aug 14, 2022 at 1:32 am
Old Aug 13, 2022, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
Originally Posted by lsquare
Apparently the Boeing 737 MAX 9 will be used for my SFO-YVR flight. Which side will have the better view? A or F seats?
on a clear day on the LHS you would be getting a view of the puget sound, san juans, olympics. on the RHS you would be getting a view of the cascades and their volcanoes (Hood, St. Helens, Rainer, Adams, Baker), Columbia canyon, and then the Nooksack/Fraser river valley on approach. Just depends what you want to see.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by prestonh
on a clear day on the LHS you would be getting a view of the puget sound, san juans, olympics. on the RHS you would be getting a view of the cascades and their volcanoes (Hood, St. Helens, Rainer, Adams, Baker), Columbia canyon, and then the Nooksack/Fraser river valley on approach. Just depends what you want to see.
Or can see depending on cloud cover, time of day/night.

David
Old Aug 13, 2022, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by prestonh (Post # 759)
on a clear day on the LHS you would be getting a view of the puget sound, san juans, olympics. on the RHS you would be getting a view of . . . .
LHS = left hand side
RHS = right hand side
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
Damn, I had no idea it was totally random. I guess I'll just pick a window seat and be prepared to be surprised.
Just don’t pick 11A (or is it 12A? I forget), because there is no window at that seat on the MAX 9.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 9:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
Originally Posted by rmadisonwi
Just don’t pick 11A (or is it 12A? I forget), because there is no window at that seat on the MAX 9.
Its 11A, 12A, and 12F.

Also, aerolopa.com includes seat map AND window alignment on their maps, which makes it my favorite seat map site out there.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 1:46 pm

Programs: Southwest, United, Marriott
Stupid question, what is the best first class seat on any configuration? I want to keep my distance from the lav.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Calipso
Stupid question, what is the best first class seat on any configuration? I want to keep my distance from the lav.
Row 3?

I just flew 739, outbound 3F, inbound 5A, (both via complementary upgrade). Honestly, the lav was never an issue for me even though it's right behind 5A/B...maybe I was on a red-eye flight, and the traffic was low, but there is a full divider.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.