Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Type-B vouchers after 3/3

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2012, 3:36 am

Programs: UA 1K/1.5MM, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by Billiken
On 10-March I mailed a letter with vouchers to the Ticket By Mail address in IAH.
They should have received the letter by 13-March.
The ticket had already been booked/paid/issued.

I called today inquiring about the delay in receiving a credit for the submitted vouchers.
Agent said that the record noted receipt of the vouchers on 2-April.

Agent (legacy UA) said aloud, "Why wouldn't they process the paper vouchers when they opened the envelope? Good grief."

Good grief, indeed.
I am in the same boat. Which number did you call? 1K Desk?
Old Apr 6, 2012, 4:08 am

Programs: United Platinum, Hilton Gold
Still not ticketed. Called on 3/16 and made the reservation and mailed the Type B vouchers the next day. United customer service shows them received on my PNR a week later on 3/23.

Now it's two weeks later and several phone calls later and tickets still aren't issued! When I call the answer is just that they are very busy processing them and to wait. If they had time o note receiving the vouchers, why can't they just enter the numbers in the system and issue the ticket? Either way will be glad to get the ticket issues and get it all finished up
Old Apr 6, 2012, 5:40 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by compwhiz
I am in the same boat. Which number did you call? 1K Desk?
compwhiz

Yes, but any agent can look up your reservation and see the notes/comments.

Good luck
Old Apr 6, 2012, 6:30 am

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
Originally Posted by edta450
Then wouldn't they charge $30 airport ticketing fee? (as mentioned at .bomb)
I was not charged at fee at CLE.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 6:30 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by g_leyser
I have the same problem. They charged me the full amount on my credit card. Called back and they said it would take 7-10 business days to see the refund. We'll see.....
It has now been 15 business days and I still don't have my refund.

Guess I'll call and spend another 60+ minutes on the phone again.

Old Apr 7, 2012, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by g_leyser
It has now been 15 business days and I still don't have my refund.

Guess I'll call and spend another 60+ minutes on the phone again.

Or file a dispute with your CC for the amount of the voucher, and let them hash it out with UA.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyer89
Booked some flights yesterday and it went really smooth:

7PM
-look up flights in ITA @:-)
-use multi cities function (one way) on .bomb to get flights that I wanted
-chose "cash/western union" option^
-prompted "$30 airport ticketing office/ $25 United ticketing office"
-picked $25 United ticketing office
-wrote down confirmation #
-rinse and repeated 8 times (8 one-ways)

7:30PM
-head to the airport
8PM
-in front of ticket counter
-no one in line, got helped right a way
-used 4 type-B voucher ($100) on those 4 one-ways, total time 20 mins (shocking! and the GA has been with UA for 26 years)
-no hiccups

Verdict:
-smooth, easy transaction :-:
-$25 wasn't even mentioned, (maybe because the reservation is tied to my ffq# or perhap because I presented my DL ID and 1k card at the same time).
-yes I did double check on the receipt, and happy to say there are no hidden $25 charge any where on it. ^
I assume this is at PHX?

Someone is keeping a tally of the airports where they process paper vouchers.

Based on the data points so far, it is by far the better way to do it at the airport than mailing them to the black hole at IAH.

Originally Posted by blueslip
I don't like sending in Type B voucher by mail; I usually go to the airport to have it apply in my reservation. Last week, a UA agent (legacy CO agent) here in MIA, who has not done this process before, applied a $400 UA Type B voucher for my reservation. It took her about 30 minutes, which include a brief consultation with her colleague, to issue the ticket.
I assume at the end everything turned out as expected?

Have MIA station beefed up the staffing?

I actually spent over an hour PMUA to use my paper voucher over a year ago because at the time there were only 2 part-time PMUA agents who did everything from check in to man the gate to close the flight... And they were part-timers! The PMUA agent had to call help desk to figure out how to do it - and we spent almost 40 minutes just being on hold waiting for our turn for the help desk!

Since then I have done my voucher-ticket thing at HNL, ORD and SFO.

I still have an existing refundable ticket to cancel and rebook - since that ticket was booked with a UA Type B voucher I could not ask for a refund but have to rebook. Also still have a $1,000ish paper voucher from canceled ticket. I plan to do this at FLL when the expiration date is much closer. CO could replace the paper voucher with a ETC which is far easier to use online, except it is not possible to extend its life versus UA's paper voucher which each residual would give a new voucher therefore a new life.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Apr 7, 2012 at 8:08 pm Reason: merge
Old Apr 10, 2012, 1:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
Yes Happy,

-got them booked in PHX.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
As a data point for whoever is keeping track, I actually used the United ticket office in Penn Station (NYC) today. Had already put a res on hold using the 'cash' option at checkout. At the counter, agent (PMCO and very proud about it, too) didn't bat an eyelash when I presented my PMUA Type B travel credits and ticketed the reservation in about 3 min. Very good experience!
Old Apr 14, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Wanted to try out Ticket By Mail.

Made reservation over the phone on Thursday 4/5. Mailed Type B travel credits Friday 4/6. Credits received in Houston Monday 4/9. Ticket issued Saturday 4/14. Travel will be on Friday 4/27. Didn't call in other than making the reservation. Amount charged to my credit card for the additional collect appears correct.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 6:57 am

SJC data point. Tried to reserve tickets with cash option, but .bomb would not let me
(Option for cash/WE was showing, but when selected, .bomb always gave me a "Go Back") Went to SJC with my Type B's and was able to rebook at same price, no service charge.

Took about 30 minutes, went 10 minutes before close (8:00pm). I have no status.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
Judging by http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...eting-jfk.html no, it's not necessarily easier if the station is PMUA. There's also http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...st-merger.html that says BOS and ATL were both ok with ticketing.

So far, positive:
ALB (per #54), ATL, BOS, IAD, LAX (per #36), ONT (per #52), ORD United Club (see #51), SAN (per #37), SFO
and a couple other cases where station wasn't mentioned

Mixed reports:
CLE negative in #32, positive in #62

Negative:
JFK
PHX positive. See Post 70.

Penn Station NYC positive. See Post 84.

SJC positive despite website could not hold reservation. See Post 85.

Ticket by Mail seems to have improved the turnaround time.

Hopefully as time passes by, more and more agents have learned how to cope with the SHARES and things go a smoother.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 7:45 pm

DCA was a breeze this week. Booked online Tuesday night & selected "pay with cash" option. Swung by the counter ~6am the next morning (after dropping off a family member) & had booking complete in ~15 mins. Entailed more than one other desk agent coming over to theorize on what info was supposed to be typed into which field, but they figured it out without too much delay. Feared I might have to argue about extra fee for cash payment, but it never even came up.

Sum of comment: I loves me some $408 travel for $8.
^
Old Apr 19, 2012, 7:50 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
I will have an EWR report on Sunday.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by Happy
PHX positive. See Post 70.

Penn Station NYC positive. See Post 84.

SJC positive despite website could not hold reservation. See Post 85.

Ticket by Mail seems to have improved the turnaround time.

Hopefully as time passes by, more and more agents have learned how to cope with the SHARES and things go a smoother.
Thanks, I updated post 31.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.