Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Type-B vouchers after 3/3

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2012, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kb1992
Can I use B-type voucher under someone's name?

Would UA agents at airport make a fuss about it?
In the PMUA days you could, provided the owner of the voucher is present. i.e. the owner of the voucher can ticket anyone using the voucher when he presents the voucher.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 3:57 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by kb1992
Can I use B-type voucher under someone's name?

Would UA agents at airport make a fuss about it?
The last two times I've used B-vouchers they were vouchers issued in someone else's name. I sent to TBM and they ticketed per usual (which means quickly pre-March 3 and slowly post-) I had warned my gifter that UA might call them but no call was received.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS
[QUOTE=Happy;18732278]Thanks for the info!

I dont see a Phone Order option on the payment options?

What deadline you get when using this option? i.e. the date shown on the email you got?

Select the flights and follow the steps to the Payment section:

Payment Information:
For your security, we use standard SSL encryption to protect the transfer of your payment information. If you would prefer to complete your purchase via phone visit our phone order page.

Click on the Phone order page Link. On my browser, I get an error message. But if you go back and look under your reservations, it will be there with a PNR. It will hold the reservation for 48 hours.

Good luck
Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:27 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by SFOTurtle
Hoping to have the same luck in a couple weeks once I get some Type B vouchers coming to me.
They're giving out an "electronic travel certificate" now for bumps, so I don't think you'll be getting those Type B paper vouchers from UA anymore.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
4 x $100 issued 30 June 2011

What is the current expiration rule?

- Book and fly the whole itinerary by 30 June 2012?
- Book and start flying the itinerary by 30 June 2012, and finish it by 30 June 2013?
- Ticket by 30 June 2012, but OK to fly it up to a year after?
- Ticket by 30 June 2012, but can then change to anytime after as long as one keeps the same routing?

It's been a looong time since I've used one of these. Two CSRs I've spoken to - both PMCO agents - couldn't give a definitive answer, and neither could my pretty experienced friends. I know, I should have the rules memorized, but this one's in my "memory blind spot" -- and I don't know what it is for the new UACO.

Thank you.

[iluv2fly, apologies. I'll delete this from the PMUA board. Read the rule after searching and writing this.]
Old Jun 11, 2012, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K
77205 Zip Code

Originally Posted by headmod
I finally got my reservation done. golfingboy was right. No booking fee for Type-B vouchers. One final concern is that the mail in address I received was somewhat different than what I saw above (only the zip code part). DId I miss anything or is it the same address after all?

United Airlines
P.O. Box 1394
Houston, TX 77205-1394
I just finished setting up my reservation and was given this zip code to mail in the vouchers to as well. I am a bit bothered that it is different from, but so close to the address on united.com.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by madnes
I just finished setting up my reservation and was given this zip code to mail in the vouchers to as well. I am a bit bothered that it is different from, but so close to the address on united.com.
I wonder if that's a mistake. I just called reservations, and they gave me an address with the 77251 zip code.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Firewind
- Ticket by 30 June 2012, but OK to fly it up to a year after?
This one.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, TK Elite, GE
Anyone here who waited for ticketing longer than a month?

I did a booking almost two months ago using type B vouchers. Before the merger we were allowed to mail the voucher to the UA service center in Poland (from Germany). I did this quite often and never had any issues, but now we have to send it to Houston also.

I've mailed the vouchers by registered mail, but I never got a delivery confirmation. Last scan was in Frankfurt, but in my experience the online tracking of usps.com is quite unreliable. It often shows nothing, even though the letter has arrived. Started a research a month ago - with no result (= no feedback) yet.
UA says that they didn't receive it, but I'm quite sure, they did. The booked flight is in October, so I'm still hoping. Anyway, I'm so tired of UA. I'm waiting for 4 months for a refund (canceled award flight) now, 3 months for non-credited miles and the lists grows...
Old Jun 13, 2012, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Smile

Originally Posted by channa
This one.
Thanks a million, sage. Also for an answer that's a relief.

(I didn't get notified of your post, and was underway.)

BTW, goalie, if you're watching, this was the one when I saw your red tootsie pop in the pen holder behind the - Gate 83? - counter at SFO after a Premium 757 was subbed into SFO-BOS, and I preferred the $400...

Last edited by Firewind; Jun 13, 2012 at 3:58 pm
Old Jun 13, 2012, 5:35 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Firewind
Originally Posted by channa
This one.
Thanks a million, sage. Also for an answer that's a relief.

(I didn't get notified of your post, and was underway.)

BTW, goalie, if you're watching, this was the one when I saw your red tootsie pop in the pen holder behind the - Gate 83? - counter at SFO after a Premium 757 was subbed into SFO-BOS, and I preferred the $400...
I do remember that as I had just landed and was heading out when I bumped into the g/a (friend if mine) on his way to the gate [and he was not happy ]
Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:51 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum (and falling fast)
B profile?

Does anyone have the most recent official Type B Voucher profile?

I'm trying to see if the S*UAL/TRAVEL CREDIT coupons can be combined with e-certs (old days, Type B could be combined with Type A)

Thanks
Old Jun 20, 2012, 2:31 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by unblack
Anyone here who waited for ticketing longer than a month?

I did a booking almost two months ago using type B vouchers. Before the merger we were allowed to mail the voucher to the UA service center in Poland (from Germany). I did this quite often and never had any issues, but now we have to send it to Houston also.

I've mailed the vouchers by registered mail, but I never got a delivery confirmation. Last scan was in Frankfurt, but in my experience the online tracking of usps.com is quite unreliable. It often shows nothing, even though the letter has arrived. Started a research a month ago - with no result (= no feedback) yet.
UA says that they didn't receive it, but I'm quite sure, they did. The booked flight is in October, so I'm still hoping. Anyway, I'm so tired of UA. I'm waiting for 4 months for a refund (canceled award flight) now, 3 months for non-credited miles and the lists grows...
I mailed in some vouchers in mid-March. United told me it was received March 23rd. It was finally ticketed on May 8. By my rough count that was 46 days.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Made reservation with agent and sent in vouchers on May 8th. Today, noticed credit card activity from United for the total amount of the reservation. Ummm... shouldn't it be for the amount of the reservation minus the vouchers? Should I be worried?
Old Jun 22, 2012, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pmd62ndst
Made reservation with agent and sent in vouchers on May 8th. Today, noticed credit card activity from United for the total amount of the reservation. Ummm... shouldn't it be for the amount of the reservation minus the vouchers? Should I be worried?
Read up thread and the other Ticket by Mail thread you would find this is a discouraging news - they are to refund you the amount of the voucher but it is taking MONTHS for that to happen (after lots of phone calls based on those who experienced this.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.