Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Type-B vouchers after 3/3

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2012, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by hiyo
Moderator: I suggest merging this thread with the other two currently running on this subject.

Travel Certs Not Working?
The thread quoted above is a *very* different subject with a confusing title and shouldn't be merged. You can use 'Report Bad Post' to contact the mods.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 6:38 pm

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
The thread quoted above is a *very* different subject with a confusing title and shouldn't be merged. You can use 'Report Bad Post' to contact the mods.
I should have posed it as a question, "Should these threads be merged?" Thanks for pointing out the difference in the threads.

Maybe let a moderator decide what should be merged, if anything?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Weekly bump so people could continue document their experiences for those who still have the Type B vouchers to redeem in coming months.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 4:40 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
More experiences posted here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...st-merger.html
Old Mar 24, 2012, 9:51 am

Programs: United Platinum, Hilton Gold
I had a PMUA type B VDB cert. Booked travel last week on Friday 3/16. Mailed it Saturday 3/17 to Houston. Called today Saturday 3/24.

Told since my travel is in June, they are totally swamped with paper vouchers. They are only processed on flights up through March 29 and that I should be ready to wait for awhile.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA PLT, AA PLT, Hilton SLV
Experience at ORD was mixed. Agent at the term C UC refused to ticket anything not departing same day and the PMCO PC liaison confirmed this and directed me to ticketing back outside security. I opted to try the term B UC near the LH gates. A wonderful man Bob i think was his name whipped out his large notebook of SHARES notes, took my Itin i had printed, and got to work. Took about 20 mins including a phone call to the help desk and a couple of minutes of confusion about why it didnt print any sort of receipt for the amount that was charged to my CC. I also was using 2 certs under my name and 2 under my GFs. Oh well mission accomplished and i now only have 2 type B vouchers and an e-cert to get rid of from the old UA. If your at ORD and have UC access I suggest going here first and hoping that Bob is available.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Success at ONT

I called in to make the reservation and then immediately went to ONT to use the voucher. I went when I knew it would not be busy. As soon as I said the words "paper voucher", the agent picked up the phone and called the support desk. The agent told me she's been doing it for customers all week. It only took 15 minutes. ^ BTW, even though the original hold had a $25 phone reservation fee placed on it, I was not charged the fee when I ticketed at the airport.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by groobie
I called in to make the reservation and then immediately went to ONT to use the voucher. I went when I knew it would not be busy. As soon as I said the words "paper voucher", the agent picked up the phone and called the support desk. The agent told me she's been doing it for customers all week. It only took 15 minutes. ^ BTW, even though the original hold had a $25 phone reservation fee placed on it, I was not charged the fee when I ticketed at the airport.
Thanks for the update, I've added it to the list in post #31; an update on my own ticketing experiences. Went back to SFO to ticket, and a different agent tried to charge me the $30 airport ticketing fee. After a little pushback, she waived it "as a one time exception".
Old Mar 25, 2012, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Used 2 VDB vouchers yesterday at the airport. PMCO staff didn't have a clue what to do with them and got on the phone with support desk. He was on hold for about 10 minutes when a PMUA agent walked by and offered to help. Apparently he did this before and it took him all of 3 minutes to properly charge my CC for the difference, print the receipts and itin and have me on my way home. I am down to only a couple of PMUA e-certs and I'll be done.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by todorovic
Used 2 VDB vouchers yesterday at the airport. PMCO staff didn't have a clue what to do with them and got on the phone with support desk. He was on hold for about 10 minutes when a PMUA agent walked by and offered to help. Apparently he did this before and it took him all of 3 minutes to properly charge my CC for the difference, print the receipts and itin and have me on my way home. I am down to only a couple of PMUA e-certs and I'll be done.
Which airport? ALB?
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
Which airport? ALB?
Yes
Old Mar 27, 2012, 8:30 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Question Any Mail-In Vouchers Processed, Yet

Mailed Type B vouchers (two evelopes, two itineraries) to the IAH address on March 12.

Have not seen credit to my UA Visa yet.

Has anyone else had mailed-in vouchers posted/processed yet?
Old Mar 27, 2012, 9:15 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by Billiken
Mailed Type B vouchers (two evelopes, two itineraries) to the IAH address on March 12.

I have the same problem. They charged me the full amount on my credit card. Called back and they said it would take 7-10 business days to see the refund. We'll see.....
Old Mar 27, 2012, 9:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat,Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott PP, National EE,Hertz PC
Can report that I had this done at ORD at a customer service station since I was connecting. Only took about 10 minutes, but that was because a pmCO agent was sitting next to the pmUA agent and they were able to figure it out together.

By the way, does anyone have a report on whether you can mail-in the vouchers if the tickets are to be issued in the name of another person?

Thanks
Old Mar 27, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: UA 1K/1.5MM, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by Billiken

Nothing. Mailed around the same date. Did I mention I haven't had any United flights posted to my account since March 15th? This is ridiculous

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.