Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Type-B vouchers after 3/3

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2012, 7:15 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Thumbs down

I booked two trips using Type B vouchers.

Was going to mail them, but was connecting though ORD yesterday.
Thought I'd just get them processed while at the C United Club.

Neither the legacy UA agent nor the guy on-scene from tech support in IAH could figure out how to do it.

So much for saving on the postage.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 8:49 am

Programs: UA 1K
Success!

^

An update for anyone trying to use their paper VDB vouchers...
I was able to reserve an itinerary online last night for flights today ATL-ORD-SFO. On the payment page, I selected 'Cash' and then 'Airport Ticket Office.' This created a reservation with a confirmation code. I got to the airport about 3 hours early this morning, and was able to have the ticket issued. Initially, the 2 pmContinental agents weren't really sure how to process it, but they called the help desk and had everything done in about 30 minutes. Much better than expected! So if an airport agent tells you they can't do it, have them call the help desk! Saves postage and worrying about the vouchers in the mail.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:52 am

Programs: UA 1K
I was given a paper Type B voucher 1 week prior to the full merger
I was told later that people prefer this type vs an e-type as they like to bring them to use at the airport in person, well our older clients do

I had UAL book and hold my flights for me and mailed out the paper booklet to them all done on Feb 29. They have had the booklet since March 2nd and have yet to do anything with it.

When I called to be sure that it was not forgotten, I was told this is not till the Fall, you can wait. If I had known it was going to take this along I could have done it at the airport on March 13th as I have a flight that day and time to spare.

I guess its a coin toss at this point in the Merged UA!
Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:32 am

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
So it looks like from post 17 that a pseudo web hold is back in ua.com? is it a 24hr hold?
Old Mar 10, 2012, 12:07 pm

Can we apply upgrade instruments (e.g., RPU, GPU) after we make the reservation but before we pay with the Type B Voucher and additional cash (if any)?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:12 am

Programs: UA PLT, AA PLT, Hilton SLV
Does anyone know the rules for booking with Type-B vouchers with different names assigned to them? I have 4 paper vouchers 2 with my name and 2 with my girlfriends. I tried to book on the phone last night but the phone agent could not find the fare I was looking at online. I paid the 13 bucks to farelock and am hopefully going to complete the ticketing at the airport tomorrow but don't want to drag my girlfriend out to ORD if I don't have to. maybe a copy of her ID and her MP# just in case?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:24 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Here's the policy notice from UA

https://pss.united.com/web/en-US/con...offerCode.aspx

If you are redeeming a paper certificate:
1.Paper certificates cannot be redeemed at the airport. Call United Reservations at 1-800-UNITED-1 (1-800-864-8331) to redeem your certificate. You will also need to mail your certificate to:

United Airlines
P.O. Box 1394
Houston, TX 77251-1394

2.The discount on your ticket will be applied once we receive your certificate. If you mail your certificate 14 days in advance of making your reservation, the discount will be applied at the time when the ticket is issued. Mailing your certificate within 14 days of making your reservation will result in the ticket being issued at the original fare. Once the ticket processing center receives your certificate, the applicable value will be refunded to the form of payment used for purchase.

ALSO:
I applied two RPUs to an itinerary booked and partially paid for with Type B vouchers. The Type B vouchers haven't even reached Houston yet, but the upgrade cleared.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:15 am

It took me ~1.5 hours to get a ticket issued at IAD using the vouchers (had made the reservation over the phone)- mind you I waited for ~45 minutes in the "other services" line at the IAD counter- what a dead man's land. Even after I got some help it took a while- stressful since I was trying to catch a flight
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:26 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
I held a reservation online and ticketed it at SFO this morning in about 25 minutes using PMUA type b vouchers. Sounds like this is technically against the posted policy, but agent didn't even blink an eye when I passed the travel credits over just asked for my ID and a credit card for the add'l collect.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess Type B includes bump vouchers. A 1K colleague tried to ticket with it at JFK and they would not do it - they said you have to mail it in.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by JetAway
Can we apply upgrade instruments (e.g., RPU, GPU) after we make the reservation but before we pay with the Type B Voucher and additional cash (if any)?
My previous and current ( I have a voucher enroute to iah) experience is ticketing must occur before ug instruments can be used.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:36 am

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
As long as you can still make reservations within 14 days, this seems to be an okay policy. I never liked waiting for the airport to do it anyways.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 6:04 am

Thumbs down

I sent a voucher to Houston on 24 Feb and after 5 calls to reservations totallying more than 7 hours I was ticketed on 16 Mar. Reservations have to call the "ticketing desk" and are put on hold just like you and I are. Really pathetic. UA needs to stop issuing paper vouchers altogether and switch to electronic. As a result of my 3 week ticketing ordeal I was unable to upgrade. Not good.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 7:03 am

Programs: United Platinum, Hilton Gold
I just made a reservation the other day using a Type B voucher. Again like most of the others had to mail it in to IAH.

The PNR shows up under My Reservations but shows as not ticketed. I'm hoping they actually ticket it fairly quickly, but we'll see what happens
Old Mar 18, 2012, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some are successful at using the paper vouchers at the airports regardless the new policy.

The degree of difficulty varies greatly among reported successful cases of using it at the airports.

Would it be easier if the station is a PMUA station, such as the one reported being done at SFO within 25 minutes and the agent did not even blink an eye while one reported being done at IAD using 1.5 hours - but both were still successful at airports in the past 2 days regardless the official policy.

I have an existing fully refundable itinerary paid with a Type B voucher (the ticket refund type, not the bump voucher) that I would need to rebook and split the value to 2 persons tickets eventually. (I was able to do this type of ticketing at SAN, ORD, HNL, MIA PMUA stations in the past) It has never been any quick process in the past. Just hope the new era would not be any more stressful than in the past.

I also have a Type B voucher (again from ticket refund) that valid till November this year. Again it would be used for 2 persons tickets. Anybody has done ticketing multiple passengers using 1 Type B voucher in the new environment?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.