Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Type-B vouchers after 3/3

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2012, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by Happy
Would it be easier if the station is a PMUA station, such as the one reported being done at SFO within 25 minutes and the agent did not even blink an eye while one reported being done at IAD using 1.5 hours - but both were still successful at airports in the past 2 days regardless the official policy.
Judging by http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...eting-jfk.html no, it's not necessarily easier if the station is PMUA. There's also http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...st-merger.html that says BOS and ATL were both ok with ticketing.

So far, positive:
ALB (per #54), ATL, BOS, DCA, IAD, LAX (per #36), ONT (per #52), ORD United Club (see #51), NYC Penn Station, PHX, SAN (per #37), SFO, SJC (#86)
and a couple other cases where station wasn't mentioned

Mixed reports:
CLE negative in #32, positive in #62
Ticket-By-Mail: for me, occurred in a week (#85), for others not so fast

Negative:
JFK

Last edited by rob_flies_ua; Apr 19, 2012 at 7:58 pm
Old Mar 18, 2012, 4:29 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
(edited to add CLE)
So far, positive:
SFO, IAD, ATL, BOS

Negative:
CLE, JFK
I tried another itin at CLE using a legacy UA agent.
No go.
She even said that I had to mail the certs to IAH.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

May be we need to keep a list

as to airports that would do it and airports that would not do it.

This COdbaUA is an ongoing pain.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:53 am

Programs: UA 1K/1.5MM, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Emerald Executive
I ticketed 14 days out before travel, and was told that I can buy the itinerary and mail them in, so they will be credited back to the original form of payment. This was over a week ago - will wait a couple of weeks and call UA.

Fearing the worst...
Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by compwhiz
I ticketed 14 days out before travel, and was told that I can buy the itinerary and mail them in, so they will be credited back to the original form of payment. This was over a week ago - will wait a couple of weeks and call UA.

Fearing the worst...
So do you have an active paid-for itinerary and are waiting for a credit-back? Or is the itinerary on hold awaiting the processing of the certs?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 8:06 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by Happy
as to airports that would do it and airports that would not do it.
It's more a question of finding an agent willing to call support and spend the 45 minutes learning how to issue the ticket. If they already know how it only takes 15 min. I had a ticket successfully issued at LAX. If or once you can convince them to call support you're probably good.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 1:57 pm

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua

So far, positive:
SFO, IAD, ATL, BOS, LAX, SAN (per #36)

Negative:
JFK, CLE (per #32)
I just ticketed a held itinerary at SAN using paper vouchers from a VDB. I was directed to the old CO ticket desk at the west end of Terminal 2.

I waited 0.25hr for an agent, then .25hr while he tried to figure it out, asking for help from other agents. When he called his support desk, it took another 0.5hr to successfully ticket the itin using the vouchers. Including driving to and from SAN and walking from parking at T1 and back, my time investment was 1 hour 30 minutes.

But add SAN to the list of airports at which this can be done in person. I haven't talked to a human on the phone at UA since before 3/3. I always give up at one hour on hold.

Last edited by hiyo; Mar 19, 2012 at 1:58 pm Reason: Added SAN to the positive list
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
Very bad experiece redeeming denied boarding vouchers at JFK - "we don't do that!"

After trying to call United and being on hold for 4 hours, I finallay got through and the agent confirmed that denied boarding paper vouchers can still be redeemed at the airport, as it was the case in the past (the agents would prob have to call the help desk, but in can be done). I put a reservation on hold (charged me $ 2.00, was free in the past), and went to the airport. JFK. I talked to 3 different agents, waiving my Gold card and they all refused to help me, even talk to me. "We don't do that any more at the airport. It does not work with the new computer system". I knew it does work from other reports here on flyertalk.com. I finally made somebody to help me out. The agent voided the paper vouchers, and gave me an electronic certificate which she redeem for me at united.com right at the airport (electronic certificate would be a big exception, i was told).... Took more than an hour... Very bad experience....

(by the way: jfk is premium service, but this was everything but premium)

Last edited by flyinghigh77; Mar 19, 2012 at 3:36 pm
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
I am amazed that you only spent an hour. took me two trips to the airport to get a voucher redeemed and I had to have the original owner show up. This is one of those things that is just going to happen until all of the old apollo vouchers move out of the system.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:40 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
I put a reservation on hold (charged me $ 2.00, was free in the past)

All you had to do is ticket it online, chose "pay with cash at airport" and you would have been fine. no fee necessary.

(by the way: jfk is premium service, but this was everything but premium)
Not all flights into JFK are Premium Service. There is service between JFK and IAD.

As for the experience, did you ask for a supervisor? Or did you just keep on asking for "someone else"??

Also, as previously stated, this is one of the things that I am sure was overlooked in the transition between systems, and yes, for the next 11 1/2 months, will be something we need to go through.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
Originally Posted by kwildnj
Not all flights into JFK are Premium Service. There is service between JFK and IAD.

As for the experience, did you ask for a supervisor? Or did you just keep on asking for "someone else"??

Also, as previously stated, this is one of the things that I am sure was overlooked in the transition between systems, and yes, for the next 11 1/2 months, will be something we need to go through.
i asked for a supervisor, and was told, he/she is not available and it would take while. but i would be free to wait around. i understand there are issues when the merge different systems. but it was more the attitude of the agents that set me off. sure, gold is not the highest tier, but it should earn some respect.... and also, why is the hotline telling me to got out to jfk, while jfk is telling me there is not way to redeem the vouchers... so many little things that just keep adding up.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
...I talked to 3 different agents, waiving my Gold card and they all refused to help me, even talk to me....
This could be part of the problem.

It sounds like what a lot of people are seeing.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Mailed a $100 VDB voucher to Dearborn,MI on March 1.

Got a call from United on Friday, March 16, that they received the voucher, and now need a credit card - weird since I gave one at booking.

The simple one-way ticket was around $230 all in.

So finally today, I get thru after a 3+ hour hold on Skype, and sure enough, they have my credit card info, but want $650 for the ticket

edit: another hour waiting for the phone agent to get thru to ticketing, she seemed tired and dejected

Skype dropped the call around 4:05 hours, I was ready to have to do all this again, but finally see it ticketed properly half hour later,

Last edited by rankourabu; Mar 19, 2012 at 9:08 pm
Old Mar 19, 2012, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis Presidents
I booked one last week using Type-B vouchers and they charged me a fee -

1 Adults (age 18 to 64) $305.00
Taxes/Fees $21.60
1 Call Center Fee $25.00
Total Price $351.60

As a 1k....

Originally Posted by headmod
I finally got my reservation done. golfingboy was right. No booking fee for Type-B vouchers. One final concern is that the mail in address I received was somewhat different than what I saw above (only the zip code part). DId I miss anything or is it the same address after all?

United Airlines
P.O. Box 1394
Houston, TX 77205-1394
Old Mar 20, 2012, 6:17 pm

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
Moderator: I suggest merging this thread with the other two currently running on this subject.

Travel Certs Not Working?

Using paper travel credits post-merger

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.