Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2012, 8:51 pm

Programs: GS, 3 MM, Hilton Diamond
had to use old confirm number to OLCI

It is 10:47 in the morning in Hong Kong on March 7. Tried to OLCI for my morning flight after logging into the new site which showed my reservation was ready for checkin. When I tried to checkin, it returned me to the home page. I tried accessing checkin a number of ways. I then decided to look at the original file locator number rather than the new one in the reservation. This worked and allowed me to check in. My colleague had the same experience. I don't know if this was covered previously in this thread cause I don't have time to read all of the entries this morning.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 8:55 pm

How do you download a reservation to google calendar on the new site? dont see a link...

EDIT: found "Export to Outlook" but Google Calendars give me error:
Failed to import events: Unable to process your iCal/CSV file..
Old Mar 6, 2012, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I asked Alex and...

You Asked: When will the system be fixed?
Alex: I'm not sure I understand, please try rewording your question.

You Asked: How come I have to wait for hours for a phone agent?
Alex: I can answer many questions about reservations but you can also contact us using the phone numbers at the bottom of this Web page.

You Asked: The wait time on the phone is many hours.
Alex: Due to high call volumes, your wait time may be a bit longer. However, I am available to help you; just ask me your question.

You Asked: How come UA Insider has not provided any update on Flyertalk.com?
Old Mar 6, 2012, 9:39 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

60K PQM from PMUA still missing going on 24 hrs now.... Any idea when this will be resolved/addressed/acknowledged?
Old Mar 6, 2012, 9:39 pm

Programs: DL-PM | UA-1K | HH-Gold
Originally Posted by username
I asked Alex and...

You Asked: When will the system be fixed?

You Asked: How come I have to wait for hours for a phone agent?
Alex: I can answer many questions about reservations but you can also contact us using the phone numbers at the bottom of this Web page.

You Asked: The wait time on the phone is many hours.
Alex: Due to high call volumes, your wait time may be a bit longer. However, I am available to help you; just ask me your question.

You Asked: How come UA Insider has not provided any update on Flyertalk.com?
This is the comic relief I needed to ignore the fact that my airline of choice (I joined MP at the ripe age of 2) is not just failing me but actually totally unable to allow me to enter in to commerce with it at the moment. The sad thing is, I'd imagine that most strategy sessions with SMI/J follow a similar script.

UA Insider, care to drop by and let us know how things are going. I think at this stage, being approximate versus exact may be of preference.

I'm still missing redeemable miles, qualifying miles, regional upgrades, global upgrades and having issues with manipulating existing reservations. My two trans-cons (booked into refundable Y) for March have gone to DL. I can send you a PDF of the recepits UA Insider if that would help you lobby your boss for a bit more candor here.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Lightbulb Feature Request: Disable On-Hold advertising

Feature Request: After a caller has listened to the United hold messaging at least 5 loops, allow them to press * and enjoy the Gershwin in peace.

This will result in more calm customers once, after an hour or so, they reach the poor CSR.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 9:47 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, National Executive Elite, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by cardinal98
Feature Request: After a caller has listened to the United hold messaging at least 5 loops, allow them to press * and enjoy the Gershwin in peace.

This will result in more calm customers once, after an hour or so, they reach the poor CSR.
^^^

"and there. And there. And there. And there!"
Old Mar 6, 2012, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz President Circle
I called the 1K line twice today to make modiifcation to an outbound flight for today. Surprising, the computer told me the call hold time will be longer than 30 mins, but 2 mins later, I got a rep.

Second time, I got a busy tone, but called back and call was answered in a few mins.

I think things are starting to look up...
Old Mar 6, 2012, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, National Exec
Originally Posted by kwintheair
I can raise you on that:

Year to Date Premier Miles: 0
Year to Date Premier Segments: 17

This is getting ridiculous! According to UA, they carried out 4 'dry runs' prior to the official merger - looks like their validation testing was very poor to say the least!!!
Similar here (to this and a lot of posts). In my case the story may be a little bit illuminating in a different way, though. My OP account was my main account, but after I status matched/linked my MP account I flew all my United flights using the MP number as it bumped you up slightly in the upgrade queue (example: me as gold last year using my MP Premier Exec # beating out my boss at platinum using his OP # once). The last couple of years I have been about 1/3 UA, 1/3 CO, 1/3 US biased slightly in that order (so a little more UA, little less US).

So, as it happens this year I have not yet flown any "Continental", but the US Air I have flown (~6000 miles) went to my OP account. All of my US activity is showing up. I have flown about 13k miles UA including three segments last week. Two of last week's segments are showing up, but none of the rest of my UA activity this year is (to the tune of 10k miles or more).

My guess has been that something just needs to run in batch to fix the UA miles, except maybe my missing segment last week which I had expected to be hosed up since that whole flying experience was hosed up due to a blizzard.

Oddly though, my number of segments is showing up as 20.5, which sounds about right...

Now that I think further, the bit about not having flown "Continental" could be wrong. My missing segment last week was a 50 seat RJ that departed from the former CO gates of SLC to SFO. That could be PMCO maybe? SFO to LAX on an Airbus is certainly PMUA, and that is showing up. Strange. Ah well. I don't think I am flying for the next two or three weeks, so with any luck all this dust will have settled by then.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 9:59 pm

Programs: DL-PM | UA-1K | HH-Gold
Originally Posted by Landice
I called the 1K line twice today to make modiifcation to an outbound flight for today. Surprising, the computer told me the call hold time will be longer than 30 mins, but 2 mins later, I got a rep.

Second time, I got a busy tone, but called back and call was answered in a few mins.

I think things are starting to look up...
Oh yes, it's wonderful when a dysfunctional system makes me engage with it multiple times for a sub-standard result.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
As I was getting ready to board the fourth segment of a 4 segment itinerary tonight, I noticed that this itinerary had disappeared from my iPad app and from my list of reservations at united.com. No harm, no foul, since I had a paper boarding pass, and the gate agent still thought I existed, but it did seem rather strange.

Last edited by demosthenes1; Mar 6, 2012 at 10:21 pm Reason: accuracy (disappeared two places, not one)
Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k
Same as others, after post 3/3 activity posted, prior PQM went to zero. However, the new flights posted into the incorrect booking code - anyone else getting something similar?
Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:38 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
I have flown ~42k PQM/EQM. Less than 11k are showing. When are they going to fix this?
Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:41 pm

Programs: QR: Gold; Marriott: Amb; UA: 1K; Taj: Silv
Originally Posted by travel.flier
Same as others, after post 3/3 activity posted, prior PQM went to zero. However, the new flights posted into the incorrect booking code - anyone else getting something similar?
My Z/Z is showing as a C/W for my LH flights that posted!
Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:49 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

I wouldn't stress too much about the PQM/PQS being incorrect after all it is only March

Give it a couple of days, I am pretty sure everything will be fixed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.