Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2012, 6:43 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by edcho
I see two lines that appeared back again...

3/3/2012 UA Migrated Premier Miles
0 0 0
3/3/2012 UA Migrated Premier Segments
0 0 0

Unfortunately they shouldn't be 0.
03/03/2012 UA Migrated Premier Miles 0
03/03/2012 UA Migrated Premier Segments 0

Same for me. They should be around 36K with the additional 5K flown over 3/2, 3/3, and 3/4.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 6:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by qukslvr619
Well I can tell you the Y fare I book SANIAD is on average $900+. So I suppose this must be something else. Are you seeing these on UA.com or DTS?
Right now, on my Department's booking engine, VX has the contract fare of $353 for IAD-SFO. On UA, the government fare is $752.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 6:48 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA ExecPlat, Delta Ham Sandwich Platinum (former Diamond), SPG Plat
Originally Posted by seanp7

(NYC-based 1K transitioning from UA to CO number)

Current:
Year to Date Premier Miles: 2,198
Year to Date Premier Segments: 16.5

That's quite a few 133 mile flights this year....!
I can raise you on that:

Year to Date Premier Miles: 0
Year to Date Premier Segments: 17

This is getting ridiculous! According to UA, they carried out 4 'dry runs' prior to the official merger - looks like their validation testing was very poor to say the least!!!
Old Mar 6, 2012, 6:49 pm

Programs: 1K; HH Diamond; HGP Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Silver
Another downgraded 1K

Originally Posted by mab
I seem to have been demoted from 1K to Premier Platinum, in spite of the having earned well over 100K EQM's last year and being told that my new status would be 1K. And my current reservations now say that I'm Platinum, not 1K.

Is this something that can be expected to fix itself, or do I need to complain? If so, how do I complain. It would be great to fix this before my flight on Saturday.
I'm in the same boat. Until yesterday, I was happily at 1K status with >122,000 EQM last year. And then I happened to check my mobile app and saw I was now Platinum. Imagine my surprise! (Although admittedly, my Friday PMUA flight finally posted to my MP account.) Website showed the same. I guess that 1K card I got in the mail on Saturday was a joke?!

About 90 minutes later on the phone, speaking with at least 3 people, including a supervisor, I was told to check back in 72 hours. (Originally, I was told it would take 7-10 days to fix.) Lots of apologies, but not one offer to toss a few miles at me or a certificate to perhaps compensate for my time spent calling UA to fix their mistake -- one that actually makes a difference, given the fact that downgraded status affects UDUs prior to check-in, UDUs after check-in, mileage earnings, ability to find additional saver awards on award flights, and the other differences between the statuses. One of my main issues was that I have five flights in the next week or so, so not being able to take advantage of my status might make a difference... At one point, the agent (clearly frustrated, too), asked me point blank what I wanted. I said, "I want my old United back!"

I've seen others on this string suggest that we PM UA insider. Instead, I tried calling in a favor from a sales rep (Travel for my company rolls up to me, and we're about to sign a PassPlus agreement with UA). Not sure she can help much, either, but at least I now don't feel totally helpless.

I get that this was a risky, massive undertaking. But to screw with -- or just risk alienating -- those you claim to be your most valued customers just doesn't seem like good business ...
Old Mar 6, 2012, 6:50 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, National Executive Elite, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by kwintheair
Same thing happened to me yesterday, although my online account still listed me as a 1K, when I printed my boarding pass online, I had zero status, and I had been re-assigned to the worst seat on the plane (in the last row)...when I tried to change my seat to one of the only two available seats left (E+ exit rows), it tried to charge me $29 for the seat. I ended up having to leave it as it was (no way was I going to pay for that seat!), and luckily at the airport the checkin desk was able to fix it (1K re-appeared on my boarding pass), and they were able to assign me to the E+ exit row seat. This trip was the last leg of a mileage run to Sydney, as part of meeting the 1K status match (from Delta Diamond)...I am also starting to question if getting this match to UA will be worth it, w/ all these hassles!!!

The miles from my SYD-LAX-ORD flight from March 4th just posted, which wiped out my ~21,500 EQM miles that had been there a couple of hours ago, leaving me with 0 EQM miles for 2012 (even the ~9226 miles for the new posting did not get credited as EQM miles)...

Also, I see that SYD has also magically gotten closer to ORD - it's now 9226 miles total, instead of 9232 miles, which is what it was before March 3rd (and every mile counts, since I'm still around ~3,500 miles short to meet the 35K 1K challenge!!)...

P.S. I also flew the day of the NWA-Delta IT system merger (HNL to some connecting city in the US), and I don't recall experiencing ANY issues, plus my online account had no issues either (w/ disappearing miles/status/etc.)! I am starting to lose patience...(luckily I do not have any more UA or Star Alliance flights currently booked...)
Interesting...I'm also currently in the midst of the 1K Status match as a Delta Diamond....maybe that has something to do with it. I'm still on hold to reach Web Support so I will mention that to them...going on 1 hour 45 minutes of this wonderful United hold music..."we're there. and there! and there! and there! and there!!!" Shoot me now...
Old Mar 6, 2012, 6:58 pm

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Welcome to FT!, ABTravel
sorry you have had trouble.

Not to excuse the situation but the past weekend was an extraordinary set of circumstance and unfortunately a bad choice of time for your circumstances.

I hope you are using the 1K phone number(on the back of your 1K card) -- I have had to call twice in the past 3 days and it was 5 minutes one time and 20 minutes the other. Not what I hope/expect to see in a more normal time.
Submitted for your approval. Two major airlines, each with their own grand legacies. Forced with great hubris to attempt to become one. Careful, you have just crossed over to ...The Twilight Zone.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by dalston
I think in another thread UA Insider asked anyone affected by this to send her a PM. Suggest you try that.
Hi, thanks for the tip! I'm a long time lurker but just recently registered. Great to have found such great help!
Old Mar 6, 2012, 7:15 pm

Programs: QR: Gold; Marriott: Amb; UA: 1K; Taj: Silv
Originally Posted by Pat89339
03/03/2012 UA Migrated Premier Miles 0
03/03/2012 UA Migrated Premier Segments 0

Same for me. They should be around 36K with the additional 5K flown over 3/2, 3/3, and 3/4.
Those two lines appeared for me last night. Maybe that's the problem? It reset the original migration from PMUA with the null values since it had already moved the miles over once?
Old Mar 6, 2012, 7:21 pm

Infinite check-in loop on united.com

Every time I try to check in, the website wants to me to log in, even though I'm already logged in. I log in again and try to check in, but the website still wants me to log in again. Same thing happens if I try to check in using my confirmation number.

Anyone else getting this problem?
Old Mar 6, 2012, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Ridiculous that this is still going on w/ no resolutions/fixes in sight or explanations...
Old Mar 6, 2012, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA
2012 Premier Miles: 0
2012 Premier Segments: 14

Old Mar 6, 2012, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Friday is the day (apparently)

...when things may look more normal, according to multiple agents I talked to today. Would really love to get some RPUs/GPUs back, have flights credited, be able to upgrade a PS flight, etc.

United Hub's self-congratuation rings of GWB and "Mission Accomplished"
Old Mar 6, 2012, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Its getting stranger by the moment. Lost previous PQM after 3/2 flight posted last night. Now 3/4 flight is posted with zero PQM.

1st day PQM: 41K+ PQS:17
After 3/2 flight posted last night PQM:2410 PQS:18
3/4 flight just posted now PQM:2410 PQS:19
Old Mar 6, 2012, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Plat, DL - Gold, SW - A List
Originally Posted by SF_trotter
Every time I try to check in, the website wants to me to log in, even though I'm already logged in. I log in again and try to check in, but the website still wants me to log in again. Same thing happens if I try to check in using my confirmation number.

Anyone else getting this problem?
I was having this problem. Try goiclicking on Mileage Plus then My Account and login there. That seemed to work for me and I could navigate around the website without having to login again and again. Trying to login at any other spot did not seem to work.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
UAInsider: A tremendous advantage to the PMUA "My itineraries" page was the display of partner record locators, making it easy to assign seats on other Star Alliance carriers. This function is now gone. Please work to bring it back. Thanks.

To add to the chorus above, all my UA EQMs disappeared today as well...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.